• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Glitches

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
As with each game is released, there are always to be a few glitches present in the games. Whether it was as major as the ability to clone items with the use of Missingno in RBY, cloning Pokémon using PC boxes or the GTS, or more minor graphical glitches or things being listed incorrectly, they are present. The problem with this generation is with the international release, Game Freak and Nintendo won't have the ability to fix glitches in the later relases of the games.

How do you think that Game Freak and Nintendo will handle the glitches that are bound to be present in the game? Do you think we will see a functional use of the internet connection to the games to apply patches to fix issues? Do you think that there will be any common glitches that are bound to return that can be exploited (like cloning)?

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2015
Honestly, I don't think they should fix any glitches, those tend to be part of the experience. Stuff like flying khangaskhan and getting all three johto starters in gen two are some of my best childhood memories.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I guess that they could fix some of the glitches by releasing some fix/patch, but i really don't mind if they leave them in, since they are a part of the experience as LeftNut has mentioned.
Some of my best pokemon childhood memories were the rumors about glitches and tricks to get stuff, so why don't leave it in for the next young generation?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Honestly, I don't think they should fix any glitches, those tend to be part of the experience. Stuff like flying khangaskhan and getting all three johto starters in gen two are some of my best childhood memories.

Well, you have to think about game freak's concerns with first impressions. ):

I mean, first impressions do count with video games, so I feel as though that they need to carefully analyze their own programming and fix any glitches and problems they find, because it keeps the game fair and easier to understand, so that there can be as little confusion as possible for the kids who play it that way.

Well, you guys know about the glitch in the trailer right? That brief instance where the trainer loses his googles? (or glasses, idk what those are exactly)

rope.jpg

That sent a lot of concerns with fans and spectators, spectating the possibility of trainer customization. Obviously to fix that, they're going to fix that in the final edition of the program too. How can they fix graphical glitches? Well, they can probably take a look at their graphical settings from a computer standpoint, while they take a look at their textures, as well as any commands that they have. Well, that's what I think, anyway.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Well, you guys know about the glitch in the trailer right? That brief instance where the trainer loses his googles? (or glasses, idk what those are exactly)

I honestly didn't know about this until you just pointed it out. But i guess you are right, the game should be kept as fair as possible, so things like cloning pokemons or duplicating items should be avoided.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I hope they can fix them, I wasn't happy to run into a bad egg in Sapphire...nor about the slight graphical glitches in White and White2 in Opelucid city. Also if they do have glitches hopefully they'll patch them up.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I mean I obviously want a glitch-free game was well, especially when they were game breaking like the Bad Egg glitch that you just mentioned. However, it was always a little fun to go screw around with the more fun ones that they didn't realize were there (especially things like Glitch City from back in the day). However, now that we have more functionality with Nintendo from an internet aspect giving patches is also a possible solution to fix them.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I mean, It's always fun to experiment with things that people won't realize what's there. That goes with all games, essentially. I just hope that this time, I don't have to rely on glitching to do stuff like, getting x99 Master Balls, because, to be frank, I find that kind of boring. Maybe a Glitch city would be nice, but, that's all I can prepare for.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm sure people will find a way to introduce Game Shark and Action Replay into the games so they can cheat, but it's not really a glitch at all =/

I'm honestly just hoping we have a glitch-free game for once, but I doubt it's going to happen. Just maybe patching as I've said before =x

Back