• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Maybe it will be be like the Nimbasa city's ferris wheel, you go on top of the tower with someone to advance on the story, maybe you can even look at the region while on a glass elevator. It would be awesome if a significant battle takes place on top of the tower, maybe against the leader of the evil team.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I haven't seen one. Its always been posted as a background image.
pokemon-x-y-screenshots-1.jpg

That there is an entrance.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe it will be be like the Nimbasa city's ferris wheel, you go on top of the tower with someone to advance on the story, maybe you can even look at the region while on a glass elevator. It would be awesome if a significant battle takes place on top of the tower, maybe against the leader of the evil team.
I imagine your rival battling you there, or maybe the evil team if they take over the tower.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
pokemon-x-y-screenshots-1.jpg

That there is an entrance.

Cyclone

That looks nothing like an entrance. The semi circle is all one color signifying that it is one solid piece. If anything its a part of the design making the tower a very large decorational statue. You can even see the shadow doing across the top portion showing its just a wall. Its a decoration.

Comparing it to the buildings in the side, its too large to be scaled down and the tower portion as well as the base is too narrow to allow people to go inside. So yes. Statue to decorate the center if that area.

blue

gucci
Years
But where has the player come from? there's no other entrance to that street he's skating down and if anything the Eiffel Tower building looks like a connection from one route to another.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
But where has the player come from? there's no other entrance to that street he's skating down and if anything the Eiffel Tower building looks like a connection from one route to another.

There look to be roads on the side of the houses. The statue isn't against them. Its too large to be scaled down, no entrance visible in that picture, and its too small to allow someone inside. Basic reasoning skills say decoration. There have been many buildings in Pokemon games that you cannot access. Why would this being there for decoration be a great surprise? There were green houses in B/W/B2/W2 that you could not enter. Outside of special event you could not enter the ferris wheel either.

Its pretty common for buildings to exist in the Pokemon games that you could not get access to.

It may be a memorial statue for some event for either the region or city. It may have significance to the story, like maybe its a representation of a tower that exists in their legend. The way the design for the tower part looks like its being surrounded by vines.

Could be some story piece for Xerneaus and Yveltal.

Last edited:

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
It's based on the Eiffel tower, it'd be incredibly dumb not to let people go inside or up it as, well, you can do that in real life, it's not a statue, it's a building, plus it's a lot larger in promo artwork in the recent scans, there will be a way to enter it, remember, the first trailer footage wasn't final, they probs hadn't finished modelling all of it yet.

Last edited:
Years
Its too large to be scaled down, no entrance visible in that picture, and its too small to allow someone inside. Basic reasoning skills say decoration.
We know that for game logic the size of a building seen from the outside is usually different from the actual size of it. In the first 10 seconds of the announcement trailer, after pikachu uses thunder we can see that the tower is several times bigger than the model in the screenshot, based on the size of it compared to that of the other buildings.
Now considering that the model seen in the screenshot may have been not the definitive one, I think that we can't really exclude the possibility of the tower beeing an accessible building.

Talking about what could be inside, considering how pikachu's thunder reach all the world from the top of the tower, and the focus on the simultaneus worldwide release I think that could be an antenna, so at the base there could be the GTS.

blue

gucci
Years
It just seems a waste to let something as iconic as the Eiffel Tower to be left unexplored, there's so much they can do with it and although you say there are buildings that are there for decoration purposes it just seems too much of a giveaway.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
That looks nothing like an entrance. The semi circle is all one color signifying that it is one solid piece. If anything its a part of the design making the tower a very large decorational statue. You can even see the shadow doing across the top portion showing its just a wall. Its a decoration.

Comparing it to the buildings in the side, its too large to be scaled down and the tower portion as well as the base is too narrow to allow people to go inside. So yes. Statue to decorate the center if that area.
I'm sorry, I'm just not buying that story. They wouldn't put a landmark meant to represent the Eiffel Tower - the premiere landmark of Paris, and perhaps France as a whole - and not allow players to explore it. Obviously the player has a LOT of walking to do to get there, but that still looks like a door and it would obviously get closer to you as you walk towards it, meaning you would easily fit through the doorway.

Cyclone

Years
Maybe there's a possible entrance, but we're just seeing it from the wrong side? If anything though, it is odd because it has the shadows amongst other things that Xander has pointed out. For the sake of optimism, I'm going to say that there's a good possibility that there's some sort of elevator somewhere that'll take you to different floors/rooms inside there possibly, but then again....eh.

I don't really know if we can take that screenshot seriously, if you look at the same scene during the trailer you can see that the "door" is totally white, and it seem to be lighten up from the inside.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I don't really know if we can take that screenshot seriously, if you look at the same scene during the trailer you can see that the "door" is totally white, and it seem to be lighten up from the inside.

I had a squint, and it could possibly be a light inside of an entrance

blue

gucci
Years
Well I'm pretty sure that screen will be different to what the final game entails, the games are still in development so I'm pretty sure that graphics will have been touched up by October.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I doubt so, since it's based on the Eiffel tower it'd be in the dead centre of the city, so it can't be a gate, again, it's more likely a lookout tower used to show off the 3D

Or it could still be a gate, but one that connects different parts of the city.

Years
Looks like a video clip capture is more reliable than an official screenshot, that definitely is light this time

I consider it equally reliable, it's just the proof that not everything we see in those screenshot is gonna be exactly the same in the game. Everything could be different in the final product.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I consider it equally reliable, it's just the proof that not everything we see in those screenshot is gonna be exactly the same in the game. Everything could be different in the final product.

Screen shot is both newer and on a different street from what I can see. I know the video was beta material too so guess we'll have to wait for another update since its possible both are highly possible to be outdated.

The tower in the video is also a different color than the screen shot so its either or unless we can find another screen shot of the tower that is more up to date.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Screen shot is both newer and on a different street from what I can see. I know the video was beta material too so guess we'll have to wait for another update since its possible both are highly possible to be outdated.

The tower in the video is also a different color than the screen shot so its either or unless we can find another screen shot of the tower that is more up to date.

Looking at the video shot and screenshot, the video shot is actually a lot higher quality, more polygons, actually has a person in it and better shadows, if anything the screenshot is even more beta than the video shot

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It's based on the Eiffel tower, it'd be incredibly dumb not to let people go inside or up it as, well, you can do that in real life, it's not a statue, it's a building, plus it's a lot larger in promo artwork in the recent scans, there will be a way to enter it, remember, the first trailer footage wasn't final, they probs hadn't finished modelling all of it yet.

There has been no confirmation that this is based off of the Eiffel tower. We assume it is because of pikachu's thing, but there hasn't been any official word on anything. Look at the ditto incident. All these big elaborate theories came up about Ditto being Failed Mew clones. Gamefreak does an interview and were like "what!? No its just based off a smiley face." Our assumptions are all that we have.

The video also contained the Beta work. The screenshot is newer meaning its closer to final product but we'll have to see another updated picture when they release one.

Its also incredibly stupid to add real world icons to games that aren't part of the real world. I don't see the point in that being a building when its in proper placement for a monument. Makes perfect sense for it to be a statue for iconic reference rather than an unimportant building.

We know that for game logic the size of a building seen from the outside is usually different from the actual size of it. In the first 10 seconds of the announcement trailer, after pikachu uses thunder we can see that the tower is several times bigger than the model in the screenshot, based on the size of it compared to that of the other buildings.
Now considering that the model seen in the screenshot may have been not the definitive one, I think that we can't really exclude the possibility of the tower beeing an accessible building.

Talking about what could be inside, considering how pikachu's thunder reach all the world from the top of the tower, and the focus on the simultaneus worldwide release I think that could be an antenna, so at the base there could be the GTS.

GTS station would be cool. Placement of the thing would be pretty well planned. Would make it into a radio station. Kinda like that Japanese radio tower. Forgot its name.

It just seems a waste to let something as iconic as the Eiffel Tower to be left unexplored, there's so much they can do with it and although you say there are buildings that are there for decoration purposes it just seems too much of a giveaway.

They could make it a fairly empty building with no major impact either. History wise we get a lot of good building locations that are empty or has an npc give you a pokeball. If there isn't a major story point for it, its a wasted moment whether its a statue or a building.

I'm sorry, I'm just not buying that story. They wouldn't put a landmark meant to represent the Eiffel Tower - the premiere landmark of Paris, and perhaps France as a whole - and not allow players to explore it. Obviously the player has a LOT of walking to do to get there, but that still looks like a door and it would obviously get closer to you as you walk towards it, meaning you would easily fit through the doorway.

Cyclone

There is no meant to represent there. Gamefreak has said nothing on this. We're making assumptions. These assumptions have also given us all the now proven false fairy rumors. It looks like a lot of different radio towers. The most up to date image shown doesn't have the white light based on what was shown.

Video is older and full of beta unfinished work.

Looking at the video shot and screenshot, the video shot is actually a lot higher quality, more polygons, actually has a person in it and better shadows, if anything the screenshot is even more beta than the video shot

Video is older than the screenshot though. Gunna have to see if the add more to it. Not impossible for a door to appear and disappear through beta work. Everything isn't finished so next update should come up. Though like I said before it also looks like its two different areas. There could have a door on a different side. We just have to wait for more updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back