• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: JackHack96's Tool Factory

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I feel like a cad for reporting that, but it really helps if you're editing hundreds of things to have the Tab key work.

Another issue is non-selectable Physcial/Special spliting for moves, if that's possible/not already planned. Otherwise the move editor is great!

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
hey Jack! Thanks for this collection! I was crazy looking for something like this text editor like advance text XD my only problem is that I need something that I could extract and replace the texts for translating platinum to my language! (To helpme to share with the translation team)
But also it all are so much helpfull tools! I will give a better look soon! ^^ thanks!

Last edited:

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
hey Jack! Thanks for this collection! I was crazy looking for something like this text editor like advance text XD my only problem is that I need something that I could extract and replace the texts for translating platinum to my language! (To helpme to share with the translation team)
But also it all are so much helpfull tools! I will give a better look soon! ^^ thanks!
Well, actually I abandoned DS Text Editor development because of DS PokeHack Studio, which is far better. In fact, DS Text Editor can't expand texts, while with DSPHS you can. If you want to translate easly use DS Text Editor, but you MUST PAY ATTENTION to the text lenght, otherwise you could have troubles.
Meanwhile I suggest you to use thenewpoketext: it's a bit more difficult to use, but it works pretty well, otherwise you have to wait for the next DSPHS release...

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
Well, actually I abandoned DS Text Editor development because of DS PokeHack Studio, which is far better. In fact, DS Text Editor can't expand texts, while with DSPHS you can. If you want to translate easly use DS Text Editor, but you MUST PAY ATTENTION to the text lenght, otherwise you could have troubles.
Meanwhile I suggest you to use thenewpoketext: it's a bit more difficult to use, but it works pretty well, otherwise you have to wait for the next DSPHS release...

Oh I see, my main problens in needing to import/export the files to share with the little translation team and utilize some of an unfinished translation, but I think I will have to do this manually on thenewpoketext (it's over 600 THOUSAND files OTL)
I even looked for a way to convert the .bin files but unsucefully x-x I'm getting tired from being stuck here .
Well I think I will have to wait the release @3@ hehe
thanks for the answer!

Last edited:

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Awesome! Can you make an overworld editor please? That would be so good, and then I could finally try and hack this :P

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Awesome! Can you make an overworld editor please? That would be so good, and then I could finally try and hack this :P
Probably in the future I could add an overworld editor to DSPHS, for now there is BTX Editor :)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Wow, nice selection of tools you have! You wouldn't happen to have one that edits music?

I can't seem to find Title Screen theme.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2013
Your site is down. :/
I would post a screenshot but apparently this forum won't let me due to lack of posts.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
I have used YAPE a lot and it's awesome, so I'm really interested in a DS version. With this I might hack a DS game after I'm done with my current project.

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Yes I know my site is down, it's because it generated more than 12GB of download which is my current limit. I think this is caused by spambot. I though I could set a limit for downloads, but this would make impossible for users to freely download things (because spambots could always download and finish the number of downloads).

So the best thing to do is to wait till I reach a certain credit on the site (so I ask you not to use AdBlock when you surf my website), I can buy some additional gigabytes for downloads (maybe 10GB).

For now you have to wait the 1st of December... (in fact, every month downloads are resetted)

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Cool-looking apps, probably easy for a beginner like me...except that I can't read Italian. Are English versions of these programs available, or is there a way to set the UI text to English?

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Cool-looking apps, probably easy for a beginner like me...except that I can't read Italian. Are English versions of these programs available, or is there a way to set the UI text to English?
Yes you can set the english language for many apps (just use the menu), but some apps hasn't been translated.
I suggest you to use DS PokeHack Studio, which is a mix of the older apps and its UI is in english

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Yes you can set the english language for many apps (just use the menu), but some apps hasn't been translated.
I suggest you to use DS PokeHack Studio, which is a mix of the older apps and its UI is in english

How do I get a copy of this app, please? There's no download link for Studio on your site.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Yes, I forgot it -.-
Here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?87c8v2d99p3mqmu

As you can see it's still an alpha preview, which is unstable and can cause bugs...
I ask you not to use the trainer editor, it's too unstable...

Thank you for the link! I promise to leave the trainer editor alone until you've got a stable version ready. Here's hoping the other parts work OK... *keeps her fingers crossed*

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 30, 2013
All these are pretty good. Are they open-source? I'd be interested in how you made these.

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
All these are pretty good. Are they open-source? I'd be interested in how you made these.
Of course ;D! You can see DS PokeHack Studio source code on Launchpad (here is the link).

The other tools are very easy (most of them were written in VB.NET) at a programming level.

DS PokeHack Studio is a translation in C++ of the other tools. Be aware that it's still an alpha preview, so the code may change in the future (now I'm not developing anything because of the school)

2wise

2wise For You :P
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 1, 2014
You just opened up a new path to DS Hacking [to me] Grazie mille!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 30, 2013
Personally I'd like to see various things in your VB.NET starter editor: how did you read and change only certain lines in the hex is my main question.

Back