• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
So, would anyone be interested in the casual RP that was mentioned last page? If so, I have a few plot/setting ideas, (ALL OF THEM SUCK) which concentrate on character development and are platforms for experienced RP'ers to help new faces.

Idea 1 (Based on concepts of Harvest Moon)

The characters are set in a small village, where hard work is done by hand and the place is self sufficient. Replace the tractors, machines and power tools with hand tools, animal-controlled plows and simple devices. The people have some technology, like electricity. (Not used for farming, woodworking or anything else except lighting houses and businesses, and powering heating and cooling. Each character and NPC has a role to play (Take out the 'to' and you get roleplay, UCWHTIDIDTHER) in making the village self-sufficent and functioning well. The characters would be farmers, ranchers, woodworkers, fishermen, store owners etc. .

Idea 2:

The Characters here are in the world of Pokemon, throughout Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova (We would start in Kanto, then expand if enough interest is around) and play as the people of the Pokemon world, having lifestyles like trainers, breeders, Pokemon nurses, gym leaders, and etc. . You would be free to explore, not bound by a pushing towards a goal by your standard "evil teams" although you can still journey if you please. You can interact as teams, friends, posses and even form "evil teams" if you wish. The choice is up to the character.

Idea 3:

The characters start out by surviving a plane crash. The land on a un-settled island, the only presence being the animals that inhabit this tropical jungle above the ocean and you, the ones who survived the crash. All you have is what was on your person and the plane. Realizing that help may still be a long time away, you decide to create shelter on the island, hoping to survive until you found help. The characters would be normal people who have found themselves cast off. It is your responsibility as a group, or alone if you choose, to get enough to eat, enough water to drink, and get a shelter over your head.

Anyways, do you as the community think any of these would work? If so, which one(s)?

Wow I would be really interested in idea 2 or 3 i would sign up for anyone of those. It's always nice to have rps that offer you freedom.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@WestsideConnection: I think the problem with this is that there's a rule against making RPs that literally have no plot and/or end.

AshenhartKrie

The Electrifying Trainer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 24, 2012
yeah i feel like a massive shmuck writing this, but anyway may as well.
Are there any pokemon RP's that still have sign ups? I really want to join one, but all of them already seen pretty established.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
@WestSideConnection- idea 2 and 3 sounds nice :3 i think i would join those kinds of RP's~

@gunnerpow9- thank youuuuu!! :D for nominating me in the RPA's~ X3

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@AshenhartKrie Hey there! There are plenty of RPs around and all you have to do is find one you like and go onto the OOC and ask if there are anymore spots available. Most RPs have open spots and are always open to new players. The GM of a RP will be able to coordinate with you on how to enter the RP. Browse around or you can just wait for a new RP to be posted in this thread. Either way you want to go. If you need help you can PM anyone here. Welcome to the RP Corner!

Dawn

Years
@AshenhartKrie: Pokemon Fallout and Pokemon Trainer Academy are both currently open for sign-ups, and while the latter is very well established it's a sandbox RP, which means there hsouldn't be any reason you can't jump in in the middle. c:

Sapphire Rose

Years
@Gunnerpow7- sorry! :D but thank you so very muchhh~

EDIT: @WestSideConnection- you tooo! :D thank you for nominating meee~

I hope my stalking attatitude this week is not getting on someone's nerves? :p teehee~

I've been visiting alot of roleplays lately, and i'm still deciding on wether i should join "Pokemon VR: Game of Chance" or not xD

Last edited:

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
Years
@Meganium90, Greiger, and Skymin: Hooray for the warm welcomes~ :3 Thank you so much, guys. ^^

@WestsideConnection: I also think Rune Factory would be more role-playable than Harvest Moon. Then maybe Pokemon can take the role of the monsters there.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I've been visiting alot of roleplays lately, and i'm still deciding on wether i should join "Pokemon VR: Game of Chance" or not xD
I think VR may have closed sign ups, but definitely ask Red if you're interested.

I was thinking this morning that maybe I should reopen that critique thread. Red had it up when she was moderator but closed it because of dis-interest. Because people seem rather keen on improving and critiquing others, what are your guys thoughts on it? It would be a "only comments on how to make it better" rather than a "would you be interested in this plot" since thats what the discussion thread is for.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
@WestsideConnection: I think the problem with this is that there's a rule against making RPs that literally have no plot and/or end.

But isn't that kind of PTA? From what I've seen of the RP, the plot has literally been lost in whatever interactions the RP has lived on for the past few months. Plus, I'm pretty sure it seems to fulfill the requirements to be a "casual" RP.

I think VR may have closed sign ups, but definitely ask Red if you're interested.

I was thinking this morning that maybe I should reopen that critique thread. Red had it up when she was moderator but closed it because of dis-interest. Because people seem rather keen on improving and critiquing others, what are your guys thoughts on it? It would be a "only comments on how to make it better" rather than a "would you be interested in this plot" since thats what the discussion thread is for.

I'm not too sure, the problem last time around that been that even though there was a separate thread, people continued to use the RP Discussion thread. So I'm not really sure whether the thread would work, but I guess there's no harm in trying.

Dawn

Years
@DeepImpact:
VyIQi.png
...N-No. Character interaction was part of the plot to begin with... It's called being non-linear. See: Mass Effect, Kotor, and every other game with multiple endings. The actions of characters in the roleplay affects the ultimate outcome. The plot on both the IC thread and OOC thread has always hinted at a finale involving Team Rocket... who currently have at least a dozen child-spies in the academy that are actively trying to figure out why the world's most powerful trainers are all gathered on an island to teach as of a week or two ago. Said spies may also attempt to recruit students into Team Rocket, only unlike on the bridge above Cerulean City there's nothing stopping a character from saying yes.

Also, casual? What the heck, dude? ಠ_ಠ

...Hmm. There's no such thing as a casual roleplay, only 'casual' mindsets--And I dare say some of the best roleplayers in the world are casual. RP isn't necessarily a competition, so you don't necessarily need to be 'hardcore' to be great at it. In fact, the competitive mindset has a tendency to impair someone's ability to RP to the best of their ability. =/ However, in contrast, the cooperative mindset has a tendency to impair someone's ability to improve themselves. Neither is... perfect.

I personally like the terms competitive and cooperative, because they're slightly more accurate words to describe the mindsets in question.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
yeah i feel like a massive shmuck writing this, but anyway may as well.
Are there any pokemon RP's that still have sign ups? I really want to join one, but all of them already seen pretty established.
Welcome :3 A good way of finding open RPs is to check the "Check if your roleplay has been accepted"-thread. New ones get posted there and they are looking for players to start up. You can also look at the RP library to see what you find interesting, and then take a peak into their OOC threads to see if the GM has posted anything about open spots. A personal recommendation from me is to join POkémon Trainer Academy. It's free so you can do pretty much whatever you want, while interacting with others and whatnot.

Read all the stickied threads, really. They are quite useful. Hence their stickyness.

@Gunnerpow7- sorry! :D but thank you so very muchhh~

EDIT: @WestSideConnection- you tooo! :D thank you for nominating meee~

I hope my stalking attatitude this week is not getting on someone's nerves? :p teehee~

No ones nerves, hopefully, but thanking certain people is probably best done via VM / PM instead of written in a general discussion thread ;)

Also, VR is closed. I already took on more players than originally planned. And I hope no one is going to quit very soon, because we have such a fun thing going on :] *loves playing sneaky NPCs too much*

I don't know what I think about it now, actually. It's a very good idea, but yeah, people didn't really use it much. If we really tried setting some kind of standard there though, we could probably cleanse this thread a little from people demanding asking for opinions on certain plots or characters. Then again... what would this thread be used for then? xD They would be so similar that it could be confusing. Dunno. Give it a go, perhaps.

Sapphire Rose

Years
No ones nerves, hopefully, but thanking certain people is probably best done via VM / PM instead of written in a general discussion thread ;)

Also, VR is closed. I already took on more players than originally planned. And I hope no one is going to quit very soon, because we have such a fun thing going on :] *loves playing sneaky NPCs too much*

awwww damn X3 i just decided to join, gaaaahhhh~ well anyway, IF someone leaves, can you reserve a spot for me then? ^^ IF someone will ever leave :3

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@RHCP: xD Ah boo! & I was thinking of joining Pokemon VR, I think. It's pretty cool how the RP goes. Maybe it's 'cause that it's so cool that I forget to sign-up. But I think PS would do good in your RP. You gotta allow at least one spot.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
@RHCP: xD Ah boo! & I was thinking of joining Pokemon VR, I think. It's pretty cool how the RP goes. Maybe it's 'cause that it's so cool that I forget to sign-up. But I think PS would do good in your RP. You gotta allow at least one spot.

IIRC there were about 7-8 people already fighting for the spots when it was open. Plus, RHCP already has Arcanum to maintain plus other RPs as well, so I guess it's okay if the spots in that RP remain limited.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Um, in english please? *brain rots*

he means that its better if the roleplay stays unopen for new SU's because RHCP is very busy with other things too.

don't worry, it's alright, i guess i just should've been a little earlier.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
We can use this thread to pimp out our future RPs, right? Or at least gauge interest in them? 'Cause I've got one in the works involving Pokemon Gym Leaders teaming up to help root out the cause of a natural disaster. Does that sound interesting enough? (There's a lot more to it, but that's the 'pitch', so to speak.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back