• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Healthy Destroyer (Sweepers designed by me)

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
Ok folks here is a strategy that annoyed many, and won me countless battles.
This is a double battle tag team move set requiring four pokemon. Your first two
pokemon should be:

1. Scizor IVd with High defense.
Moves:
Baton Bass (Scyther Egg Move)
Swords Dance
Iron Defense
And 1 offensive attack of your choice.

2. Ninjask (IVd for high speed)
Moves:
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
(Any other two moves is fine.)

Ok Strategy Time
You want to try to keep scizor and Ninjask on the feild as long as possible
For scizor you absolutely need to use iron defense at least twice (swords dance not entire necessary but it will help. Ninjask needs you use swords dance is ability will give you the speed you will be needing.
After this section you will need to Baton Pass both two these two pokemon.

Scizor needs to baton pass to BLISSEY

3. Blissey (IVed HP)
Moves:
Soft Boiled
Heal Pulse
Substitute (If you like you can use offense for here but I dont use my blissey to attack so.. yea. Oh also i was thinkin of switching this to toxic. Not sure if blissey can learn it tho. IDk )
Thunder Wave

Ninjask needs to baton pass to DUSKNOIR

4. Dusknoir IVd-Def and SpDef
Moves:
Pain Split (Egg Move)
Will-o-Wisp
ANY PHYSICAL TYPE MOVE (I chose Shadow Punch)
Curse

Now the fun part. Use thunder wave and will-o-wisp on either opponent
I normally use substitute then soft boiled with blissey and curse with dusknoir targeted at your enemy second turn. After this continue to night shade and heal with blissey on your opponent. If dusknoir gets low use pain split ON BLISSEY then have blissey use SOFT BOILED (Ninjask speed boost should let blissey heal before taking more damage. Proceed to wittle down your foes health and keep inflicting status damage and healing. So it should be like this...

Sequence:
Scizor: Iron Defence
Ninjask Swords Dance
Scizor: Iron Defence
Ninjask: Swords Dance
Scizor: Baton Pass (Blissey)
Ninjask Baton Pass (Dusknoir)
Blissey: Thunder Wave
Dusknoir: Will-o-Wisp
Blissey: Substitute
Dusknoir: Curse
Blissey: Soft Boiled
Dusknoir: Shadow Punch
Blissey: Healing Aura directed at Dusknoir
Dusknoir : Shadow Punch
If Dusknoir is really low on health you can direct Pain Split on Blissey then have Blissey use soft boiled.
If your scared of stat advantages switch physical to night shade. But I live on the edge :P
Thats my strategy. It wont kill your enemy quickly, but you will survive. The Baton Pass pokemon arent AS important but they do help. I hope you guys enjoy this.

Last edited:

.MiKeY

Tank Operator
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
Opponent uses Taunt and kills any chance you you using anything to setup, or a phazing move such as Roar/Whirlwind, which will erase any boosts that you worked hard to get. Baton passing is a tricky strategy to play with with the abundance of the moves I just mentioned in my previous sentence.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Opponent uses Taunt and kills any chance you you using anything to setup, or a phazing move such as Roar/Whirlwind, which will erase any boosts that you worked hard to get. Baton passing is a tricky strategy to play with with the abundance of the moves I just mentioned in my previous sentence.

I totally second this.

To add: Smeargle is the best Baton Passer in the game, period. It has access to nearly every move in the game courtesy of Sketch, but given its low stats, people like using it for Baton Pass support:
-Spore
-Shell Smash
-Baton Pass
-Taunt/Ingrain/Magic Coat
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 80 HP/96 Def/80 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo

Also, BPing defensive boosts isn't worth it, IMO. People like to use Baton Pass in conjunction with Substitute and/or Attack/Special Attack/Speed boosting moves so that teammates become stronger, faster and/or more prepared against opposing moves. Here are some examples of viable Baton Passers other than Smeargle above:
Venomoth:
-Quiver Dance
-Sleep Powder
-Baton Pass
-Bug Buzz/Roost
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Black Sludge
Ability: Tinted Lens

Volbeat:
-Tail Glow
-Baton Pass
-Encore
-Thunder Wave/Substitute
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Prankster

Espeon:
-Calm Mind
-Baton Pass
-Stored Power
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
Ability: Magic Bounce

Gliscor:
-Substitute
-Baton Pass
-Earthquake
-Toxic/Taunt/Facade
Nature: Impish
EVs: 248 HP/24 Def/236 Spe
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal

Gorebyss:
-Shell Smash
-Baton Pass
-Surf
-Substitute/Ice Beam
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/24 SDef/232 Spe
Item: White Herb

Mr. Mime:
-Calm Mind/Nasty Plot
-Baton Pass
-Psychic
-Substitute/Encore/Taunt/Thunder Wave/Barrier
Ability: Soundproof

Scolipede (as an offensive alternative to Ninjask):
-Swords Dance
-Megahorn
-Earthquake
-Baton Pass/Rock Slide
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Swarm

Since this is a doubles team, I hate to say it, but it's really hard to do Baton Pass strategies in double battle format because of the really fast pace of that type of battle.

And you got EVs and IVs mixed up. IVs are the quality of the stats of your Pokemon; the EVs are the "stat points" you gain by defeating opposing Pokemon in-game.

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
The point isn't the baton pass. And no matter WHAT you do. THere is ALWAYS a counter. The point is the blissey dusknoir combo. Baton passing is just mainly to try and boost blisseys defense. Name any strategy and I can find a way to beat it. THe game is this way on purpose.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2014
Yeah but blissey can literally do nothing back. Even though it's defenses will be sky high it's still set up fodder for almost everything and this team completely loses to whirlwind

dragonnathan025

Pokemon Breeder
Years
I just see one issue... aim for Dusknoir, hit it hard with something, then Blissey has nothing left to heal. Second, switch in a Normal Pokemon. Shadow Punch is worse than useless now, and most Normals have a counter for Ghosts. Dragon Tail will destroy your Pokemon, getting rid of all changes, too.

Back