• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh god, this character/thing is really OP/UP...

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Basically, have you ever thought a character/thing from a Game was OP (Overpowered) or UP (Under-powered)? If so, why do you think it is OP/UP?

Just remember to keep your answers Non-Pokémon related.

For my opinion, Super Sonic (From Sonic The Hedgehog Series) and all the other Supers were OP. This is because the character would make the game twice as easy for you (There is a few exceptions such as Wing Fortress Zone from Sonic The Hedgehog 2), and it does become a bore in the end. Invincibility from all enemies (Except oblivion) is really OP in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Seth in Super Street Fighter 4 is the most cheap, overpowered, son of a gun I've ever seen.
Just turtle and keep your distance. Eventually he'll get impatient and throw a shoryuken so punish him there. I've beat him so many times on very hard I got his pattern down lol.

Is this a stealth Meta Knight in SSBB and Akuma in SF2T thread? Because these characters are really way too good in their respective games. Wolverine in vanilla Marvel vs Capcom 3 was full of BS too. (Still good in Ultimate but no more instant overheads and BS cross-ups.)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Kintaro in Mortal Kombat 2 is freaking godly. one shot from him and he can bring you down to 1/2 of your health. I still have yet to beat him..

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Kirby is either overpowered or his games are too easy.

I think it's both though.

Rabid enemies in Borderlands 2 are pretty OP. Very fast, deals at least twice the damage of its normal counterparts, and have considerably more HP. The only things that make them easy to dispose of are Tediore Reloads and possibly Slag.

Look at it this way if you haven't played it. If they are on the same level as you, they can run up to you, attack you, and take you down to below half health with one hit. Through your shield.

Yup. They can take a pretty ****ing ridiculous amount of shots to take down.

Years
I think Mushihime-sama Futari wins for having the most overpowered character/boss in the game! O_O

Some of the others are M Basion on SF2; I could just never beat him, as well as Alpha-152 in DOA 4. :(​

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Kinda obscure games ahread.

The Avenger/Missile Scout in Battlezone II is very underpowered. Its basically a standard scout with more armor. With less weapons. Less speed. And a complete crap turn rate.

Its basic weapon, the TAG Missile Cannon, is stronger then the standard FaF's that the regular scouts use, but this doesn't make up for its downsides. Also, unlike the other two missiles (Fire and Forget, and Shadower (Radar lock)) the TAG has to fire a tracer onto the enemy before it launches missiles at it, while the other two don't need this.

And now for something overpowered, Heavy Gear II, the Dark Cheetah. It's a light gear, but its able to turn medium, heavy, and some assault gears into scrap. This is just using one of its presets, it gets even more OP if you make a custom loadout for it. Although the Dark Kodiaks and Dark Cobras, assault class gears (And strongest units available ingame), far outstrip this one in armor and weapons, the Dark Cheetahs greater speed still lets it tear those gears to pieces. The only real match for one of these is (with a lot of skill) a Perseus light gear, or a Dark Warrior heavy gear.

A special mention goes out to the Claymore Assault Bomber in Tachon. It is, literally, a flying brick. It's turning speed is crap. It's speed is the slowest out of any usable ship ingame. But, with enough skill, it can destroy anything.

Seriously, flying brick. This is what it looks like.
claymore.jpg

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
There might be one other person on here who knows who I'm talking about but...

Leon from the first Luminous Arc. The guy's annoying as hell, but his attacks and speed make him easily the deadliest playable character in the game. Get his level high enough, and he has an attack that consistently does 999 damage (more than most if not all enemy HP in that game) and hits nearly every time.

Back