• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

lawl
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
Well...and how do you do it with FR/LG? I tried PET, but the R/S/E trainers show up. What do do?

~Cya, UnitRico

From what I did. I used RSBall and opened a FR/LG rom. And made it extract all of the trainer pics. (By clicking Dump GFX Bank)

Years
Sorry for asking again. But anyone else getting this problem? I tried using the program on another computer just today and it gives me the same error. Am I missing a file or something?

Yes, yes, i have this problem too...Anyone got a solution?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Can someone please answer this?
Christos has already answered your question
There's not an ini for Emerald in Advance Text, just create a new one and while playing the game and talking to people, search for the text you want and edit it with Advance Text.

Does anyone have a list of which gym badges allow the use of which HMs in fire red?
I'm pretty sure this has almost nothing to do with hacking. Try the game help thread, ok? ;)

Well...and how do you do it with FR/LG? I tried PET, but the R/S/E trainers show up. What do do?

~Cya, UnitRico
Yeah, PET was designed before FR/LG were released. Since the games are very similiar in programing certain things, such as Pokemon still appear. However, if you want to change the trainer sprites and stuff, you'll have to dump the GFX for them first.

Sorry for asking again. But anyone else getting this problem? I tried using the program on another computer just today and it gives me the same error. Am I missing a file or something?
Wow, Sorry I can't help you with this question. I never used cyclone. Though, from a first glance it seems you are missing a file, but as for what file... I could be wrong, however.

Last edited:

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
Alright, it's simple really. Well, some of it's not...
Anyway let's take the tutorial script that comes with SciptED shall we?
Code:
#org 0x800000
message 0x800100
boxset 0x2
end
#org 0x800100
= Hello World!
This code will make someone say "Hello World!" Easy right? Well allow me break it down.

First- 0x800000:
This is where the script will be kept. This is it's location within the game. Here is where you type in the offset where all that blank space starts (FF's).

Second- message 0x800100:
This is where the message for your script will be kept. This tells the game where to put it.

Third-boxset 0x2:
These are the options after the message has been displayed. This one states that after the message is shown, you must press "a" to exit.

Fourth-end:
This ends the script.

Fifth-
#org 0x800100
= Hello World!

This is what your person will say when you give him this script. This IS your message. If you wanted a person to say "I want a cookie" replace "Hello World" with "I want a cookie". This is the simplist script you can make. All it does is have someone talk.

So put it all together now:
#org 0x800000-script offset
message 0x800100-message
boxset 0x2-press "a" to exit message
end-end script
#org 0x800100-what your message says.
= Hello World! ^
I hope this helps you!
-Hiidoran

... Duh... uh... don´t get it...
Man, all I want to do is to insert bigger Pokémon - pictures, why is it so complicated ?!?!?!?
OMG, omg, o... *nervous breakedown*

@ Charmander07: Nope, you CAN put Amplifier 2006 Ae into english, just open a ROM, go to "optionen" (options^^), click on "sprache wählen" (choose lanuage) and choose English.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2008
How can you make a reserved empty map work in Advance Map?? Each time i edit, save and reopen it, it says that there's no map there >_>
Plz somebody answer this...>_<

On youtube there's a vid by foullump. It's called: Mastering Advance Map: Creating New Maps.

In the vid all the steps of creating and saving a map are explained. I hope this helps you.

Angelix

You are a pirate!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2007
@ Charmander07: Nope, you CAN put Amplifier 2006 Ae into english, just open a ROM, go to "optionen" (options^^), click on "sprache wählen" (choose lanuage) and choose English.

Actually, there's no 'Optionen' there. It only says 'Datei' and 'About'.

redragon

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2007
I have a quick question, I read the scripting tutorials, and got most of it down, and made a quick, give pokemon script in wordpad, then copied it on to scriptED, and hit save, I saved it as "RECEIVE EGGON", but anyways, how do I put that script into the game? I'm trying to make it so you actually have 2 pokemon in the beginning for a double battle angainst the main "thugs" in the game, who tend to gang up on weak trainers, which is why you need two pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2007
I keep trying to use BaseEdit and BeWildered for Emerald and every time it says "supported rom, but monster base stats are not specified in database" How do i fix it so i can use the programs for Emerald. Thanks a lot!!

redragon

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2007
I keep trying to use BaseEdit and BeWildered for Emerald and every time it says "supported rom, but monster base stats are not specified in database" How do i fix it so i can use the programs for Emerald. Thanks a lot!!

For starters, I don't know if you can even use emeral with those programs, but I think you can, I was having trouble with it also, but make sure you using a US version rom, not a european or japanese rom, hope this helped.

magnetflygon

Begginner Rom Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • US
  • Seen May 3, 2009

The only option is to use a different program, such as Pokemon Amplifier 2006, the database is pokeroms.ini, but there aren't any emerald offsets for those programs.

redragon

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2007
OR, trying using a US rom, ad make sure it's a US version one, this happened to me, but once I used a US rom it worked fine.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
tomdotcom4 said:

Use AdvanceMap to edit the wild Pokemon and for BaseEdit add Emerald offsets in the PokeRoms.ini.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2008
Ok, so I'm having some issues with the movement permissions. I leave the top row of tiles on my buildings (so the character can walk behind it), but he just walks on top of it instead. I've looked at some other maps (like unedited in-game ones), and its looks like I'm doing everything right.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
.. Duh... uh... don´t get it...
Man, all I want to do is to insert bigger Pokémon - pictures, why is it so complicated ?!?!?!?
OMG, omg, o... *nervous breakedown*
Let me see if I understand. You want to insert pokemon that are bigger than the originals? Sorry, can't be done. Let's take Diamond and Pearl sprites for instance. We cannot insert the bigger sprites into the R/S/FR/LG/E series because they are too large. To do this would take massive amounts of over-hauling the game, which little to no can do. I definetly cannot. Just try making different size pokemon, ok? ;)

How do I create objectsin elitemap?
If at all possible, do this with Advanced Map. It's much easier to insert events. Also, Elitemap likes to make a mess of inserted events, it's not worth it in the end.

I have a quick question, I read the scripting tutorials, and got most of it down, and made a quick, give pokemon script in wordpad, then copied it on to scriptED, and hit save, I saved it as "RECEIVE EGGON", but anyways, how do I put that script into the game? I'm trying to make it so you actually have 2 pokemon in the beginning for a double battle angainst the main "thugs" in the game, who tend to gang up on weak trainers, which is why you need two pokemon.
That's because after you save your script, you need to compile it. Once your script is created, saved, and tweaked to the way you want it, press compile. A menu will appear, select your rom file. Another message will then appear, select yes, and congratulations your script is now in the game!

Sorry, but support for Emerald with these programs is non-existant at the moment. Ini files are currently being made, but they are not quite ready yet. To hacking other things, until this problem is resolved, ok? ;)

Ok, so I'm having some issues with the movement permissions. I leave the top row of tiles on my buildings (so the character can walk behind it), but he just walks on top of it instead. I've looked at some other maps (like unedited in-game ones), and its looks like I'm doing everything right.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
What roof tiles are you using? Some are not made with this permission in mind; You may have to change the tile.

I hoped this helped you all!
-hiidoran

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
Is there any pokemon rom editor/hack that you can add custom pokemons,trainers,badges,trainers etc? And if there is one what's the name?

ssj

Kanto Legend
Years
I have already done an search using the tool for this question which is as follows, Is it possible to add new pokemon into Fire Red due to the fact of there being free offsets in the game and if so how can I do this, I have knowlage on how to replace pokemon however I want to add new pokemon and trainers in with out replacing any. Much appreachated :)

I also have anouther problem with the following script

#org 0x73AA72
setflag 0xA125
message 0x73AB90
boxset 0x2
#raw 0x5C
trainerbattle 0x9 0x5 0x0 0x73AD6D 0x7BBFAE
message 0x7BC253
boxset 0x2
applymovement 0x1 0x7BC377
pause 0x70
release
end

#org 0x73AB90
= Much anger you have

#org 0x73AD6D
= Well done

#org 0x7BBFAE
= You have learnt well

#org 0x7BC253
= It is time I moved on.

#org 0x7BC377
#binary 13 13 13 13 13 60 1D 1D 1D 1D FE

Thats an script I use to make an trainer dissappear after battle and bascially when I attempt to talk to the trainer nothing happens all I hear is the basic sound you get from pushing the A button and yes I have put the flag number in advance map "A125" can anyone help me.

Last edited:

jimmy-killed-me

you know me, i'm god
Years
Where can i get "telefang" hacking tools than you as the "poke'mon diamond really peaved me off but i love the gae and want to translate properley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back