• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gen 6's Mirage Legend

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Every generation has a special little legendary who is restricted to Wifi events only. The overly cute Mew, Celebi, Jiranchi, Shaymin, and Victini. (I need to double check to see if Meloetta and Keldeo count)

What do you think this gen's Mirage will be?

For me, if they are doing the norse legends, a mirage legend based off Ratascor (sp), the squirrel that ran thriugh the world tree yggdrasil to relay insults between the eagle at the top and nidhoggr at the roots. A cute ground or fighting type if at all possible.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Maybe some sort of carbuncle creature? A carbuncle looks something like this:

FFT_Carbuncle.jpg

But whatever it is, yeah, I hope that they will switch up the typing, and... maybe give us a mirage that's a ghost type, or maybe a ground type, or perhaps maybe a poison type; because some sort of a poison legend can be cool for poison type lovers!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Keldeo does count, in the UK it was disputed before the release of BW2.

I want to see some past pokémon up for wifi grabs, like Deoxys and Mew.
And alot of Pokemon that never had a huge spotlight.

I can't really say much for Gen 6 ones, since no Pokemon have been announced except in the trailer...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Keldeo does count, in the UK it was disputed before the release of BW2.

I want to see some past pokémon up for wifi grabs, like Deoxys and Mew.
And alot of Pokemon that never had a huge spotlight.

I can't really say much for Gen 6 ones, since no Pokemon have been announced except in the trailer...

There are certain criteria to be met for the mirage legends, similar to psuedo legends. Thats why I said I'd need to check XD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like the thing Shawn posted. Looks like a Pokemon already, haha. I'd like an Ice type though. Anything but Psychic really, but Ice comes to mind.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I thought of a Psyhic/Electric type mirage legendary based off of the Jersey Devil, but I know it doesn't suit the creature's origins, because I wanted to increase the presence of Electric types.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe psychic/water idk I could see a cute sea creature as playing the role of the cute legendary and it'd match the grass/psychic and fire/psychic by being the THIRD.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I'm pretty sure, well I'm too not sure just compiling information, that mirage Pokemon have 100 BST for all their stats, and in that case Keldeo and Meloeta would not classify as mirage Pokemon.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
An ice fire type, or a Pokemon like eelektross would be cool. The game seems to be more scientific with X and Y, so maybe a meticulous type of Pokemon or a scientific Pokemon.

Victini

For me, if they are doing the norse legends, a mirage legend based off Ratascor (sp), the squirrel that ran thriugh the world tree yggdrasil to relay insults between the eagle at the top and nidhoggr at the roots. A cute ground or fighting type if at all possible.

Ohh man that would be awesome. A really mischievous squirrel-like being reminds me a lot of how naughty Pachirisu was in it's anime debut.

I LOVE IT. <3 It could even be part Grass-type again considering that relation with Yggdrasil, but I'm hoping not personally. There's already Celebi afterall. ^^;;

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Ratatoskr would be a good choice indeed, of course if you have him, then you'd also need a mon based on the Nidhoggr

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
We may need a Mirage Pokemon with an baguette :D. But seriously though, i think if we will have another one it will probably be grass or water, which are the types i associate with cuteness (maybe normal too)l

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
We may need a Mirage Pokemon with an baguette :D. But seriously though, i think if we will have another one it will probably be grass or water, which are the types i associate with cuteness (maybe normal too)l
The Quinotaur strikes me as most likely to get done both based on my reading and your suggestions.

Cyclone

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Maybe some sort of carbuncle creature? A carbuncle looks something like this:

FFT_Carbuncle.jpg

But whatever it is, yeah, I hope that they will switch up the typing, and... maybe give us a mirage that's a ghost type, or maybe a ground type, or perhaps maybe a poison type; because some sort of a poison legend can be cool for poison type lovers!

To me, this looks like something mew would EVOLVE into. Which would be crazy.

DTep

Arcanine4evar
Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2013
Out of all the myths you posted @Cyclone, the myths of the Guivre and Tarasque sound the coolest to me.

The Guivre because it would set the stage for the first Poison/Dragon type beautifully. The legend even says a serpentine creature with a dragon's head that spewed out venomous breath. That sounds like the perfect bio for the first ever Poison/Dragon type.

I also like the Tarasque just because of all the animals that are incorporated into its design. A lion's head, a stout body with six legs, a turtle's shell with spikes, and a scaly tail with a scorpion's stinger on the end. If all those ideas were able to be merged into one Pokemon flawlessly that would be one badass looking Pokemon.

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years
No more zorua/zoroark events plz, it makes the game so hard to complete, stupid tirtuoga

Out of all the myths you posted @Cyclone, the myths of the Guivre and Tarasque sound the coolest to me.

The Guivre because it would set the stage for the first Poison/Dragon type beautifully. The legend even says a serpentine creature with a dragon's head that spewed out venomous breath. That sounds like the perfect bio for the first ever Poison/Dragon type.

I also like the Tarasque just because of all the animals that are incorporated into its design. A lion's head, a stout body with six legs, a turtle's shell with spikes, and a scaly tail with a scorpion's stinger on the end. If all those ideas were able to be merged into one Pokemon flawlessly that would be one badass looking Pokemon.

I agree with you. It would be pretty awesome to see a poison/dragon.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Victini was based on the notion of Victory and somewhat liberty with it's island, so perhaps The legend of this generation could be based on the notion of Justice and Love.
I do wonder what item it'll be as Jiranchi was based off wish tags, Shaymin on a Chia pet/bouquet,Manaphy, and Phione on inflatables, and Victini off sliced apples shaped into a bunny (forgot it's japanese term...). Mew and Celebi are Fetus and Fairy respectively so maybe return to a stage of life, or legend.
I would like the legend to be Ground as thus far the first mirage mon dex wise starting with Celebi have had Grass,Steel,Water, and Fire with psychic as secondary except for Manaphy (GF make Manaphy part psychic!)...anyways Wood,Metal,Water,Fire, and Earth (ground or rock) are the five chinese elements, so we only need one more to complete the elemental star. Plus it'll be nice to have a more powerful rock legend than either Regirock or Terrakion.

Back