• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forever the Pikachu Race

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

It's really sad how people think books and mangas and so forth are boring and such and prefer video games over them. :( I want to shock them with a Pikachu.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

I love reading books and reading mangas. It's fun to learn stuffs that you're really interested in and also the Pokemon Adventures manga is like 100x better than the anime! :D

I still have yet to read Electric Tale of Pikachu. I used to have the first volume from a Pokemon convention we had at my local mall =/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Back from '09-'10 I pretty much declared myself the number #1 Red (the Pokemon Special/Adventures version) fangirl. I don't anymore but my personal/ego emblem is kind of like a tribute to that time I guess??

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
57. Oh I love reading books, I despise manga though. Probably because I find manga to be too... How can I put this without offending... Well, just flat out boring and uninteresting XD

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

Really? What manga did you read? Maybe it's the manga itself that wasn't good or something?

I myself prefer anime over manga since I can see the action in play, but if the story is better in the manga compared to the anime, like Pokemon (Both Electric Tale of Pikachu & Pokemon Adventure), I'll take the manga over the anime anyday.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I tend to go to manga when there is an animation adaption just because it would be easier to go through and thus less time consuming. But depends on how close the two adaptions are and so forth. With Pokemon Special and the anime I've learned that they're both special in their own ways and learned to not hate one because I adore the other. So in the end I like both the manga and the animation.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

They have some manga that I find are better than the anime when they're the same thing.

For example, Dragonball Z. It has good fighting scenes in the anime but sometimes they just drag it for way too long, whereas the manga just gets right to the point of the story and doesn't take like 5 episodes to turn into super saiyan.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Completely agree with you on Dragonball Z. Actually not sure if I ever read Z but I know I read Dragonball which I found the manga to be better than the anime. I tend to go to manga with any anime that tends to have a lot of fillers too, so I don't have to sort through the fillers and also be farther along with the story.

But honestly, I haven't done anything anime/manga/etc related. I need to catch up on a lot of things like the Pokemon Anime, maybe read the latest Pokemon Special Arc, Naruto, Detective Conan, etc ...

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

Naruto's anime got a crap load of fillers, but the anime got better fight scenes, so I watch the anime for the fight scenes =/

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
Years
  • Age 30
  • yes
  • Seen Jun 6, 2016
I think pikachu is cool but there are so many others who would do as a better mascot. Charmander, larvitar, togepi being a few examples.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Togepi and Larvitar weren't until the second generation. As for Charmander if that happened we likely wouldn't have gotten a Yellow version since there was already Red version.

I think they picked a good choice as the mascot but of course people will always be around to disagree.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today

As far as I have heard, Larvitar existed in gen one but was excluded of the games, because of insufficient free space on the cardridges. So its existence was delayed till second gen.

Anszkz.DkLt

The Semi-Newb
Years

So are talking about Ash's Pikachu or Pikachu as a species?

If we where talking about Ash's Pikachu i'd say something along the lines of:
"Pikachu with Ash is sort of the epitome of Pokemon forming bonds with their trainers."

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

I actually love the bond between Ash & Pikachu. It's probably the strongest friendship in the whole anime, I love it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today

The bond between Ash and Pikachu. It's like the bond between that characterless representive of the Pokemon games and that overrated Pokemon which only purpose is to represent the Pokemon.

So it's more the bond between two clichees :P

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
63, *prods pikachu with stick*. Ash is stupid. Pikachu is stupid. Together, they make... DEAD MAGIKARP!

Back