• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
A-Map Names

Sorry to bother again, but I think my question got skipped.

Actually, if you are looking to make new map names, there is a way to do it for R/S/E roms only!
Firstly, you insert your new map under whichever header you want. Then, in the 'change name' list, scroll down and use one of the FR/LG map names eg. Pallet Town. In the sidebar, you will have a new map bank called 'Pallet Town'. Then, you change it's name to whatever you want to have a custom map name.

PI Hudson

Can be random for hugs> PIE!!!
Years
I actually just asked this (in the scripting thread though) - the response:

So it seems it's a no go on specific wild battles.
well, this helped alot. There was so much script there that i needed help finding the special commands required to activate/deactivate the code. I'll find my way from here.
When i finish, i'll post a tester of it in the hack im making, Pokémon shale.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Cry for help!

Hey, can I have some help with my Emerald hack?

On A-Map, I wanted to replace the gyms to look like Battle Tents so I transferred the right tiles onto Lilycove with the Block editor. However, it screwed up the other tiles and I had to start a new rom:(. Anyone know where I went wrong? Better still, a safer method of changing the tileset?

Pretty please? This question has been skipped maybe four times already!

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
uggghhhhh...... I recently installed vista on my comp because sappy wasnt working. I tried it in vista and it said i needed vbaCbEx6.ocx, so i put it in system32 folder and registered it. i open sappy again and it said "runtime error 329 ative x cannot create object" `then immediately after, "runtime error 424 vbaCboEx from vbaCbEx6.ocx isnt working or it is out of date". Can anyone help?

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Sappy

Archon-you have to download Sappy from a more reliable source.
Sappy does not need to be in system32. The problem is, if you download it from Mahgnius (this site) it will be missing one of it's ActiveX components which it needs to work. There are actually download scripts for vbaCbEx6 if you google it, so nothing to worry about :).
Oh, finally: don't put Sappy in the C:\ Disk - it won't like it.

Hey, can I have some help with my Emerald hack?

On A-Map, I wanted to replace the gyms to look like Battle Tents so I transferred the right tiles onto Lilycove with the Block editor. However, it screwed up the other tiles and I had to start a new rom:(. Anyone know where I went wrong? Better still, a safer method of changing the tileset?

Any response would be appreciated! It has been the 5th time this question has been skipped (SOB!)!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2010
Hey,

Thanks Christos and Prof.9,

This is to do with scripting again I'm afraid (only started learning last night).

I'm fine with getting someone to say for example:

"Here have my Charizard." and then for you to recieve a charizard however if you keep talking to them you keep getting a charizard.

So I thought I'd try and make it so you get one and thats it which i presumed flags were necessary for. I've done some script but its not right somewhere and i was just hoping that someone would be able to explain what I need to add/change.

This is the script:

#org 0x800000
setflag 0x64
checkflag 0x64
compare LASTRESULT YES
if 1 0x800200
message 0x800100
boxset 0x2
clearflag 0x64
end
#org 0x800100
= Here, take my Charizard.
#org 0x800200
givepokemon 0x06 0x1E 0x118

any help appreiciated,
-Davie-
Found that there on page 1.
I'm having a similar problem. Item balls I place won't disappear when I pick them up. I've searched through the script (below) and I've done all I can think of...
'---------------
#org 0x16C449
lock
faceplayer
setvar 0x4001 0x85
givepokemon 0x185 0x19 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x816C482
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x816C4B6
compare LASTRESULT 0x2
if 0x1 goto 0x81A9258
release
end
'---------------
#org 0x16C482
hidesprite 0x9
fanfare 0x101
preparemsg 0x819656D '"[player] obtained an EEVEE!"
waitmsg
waitfanfare
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x85
msgbox 0x81A5683 MSG_YESNO '"Do you want to give a nickname to\..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x816C4F0
call 0x81A8C03
call 0x81A74C7
goto 0x816C4F0
'---------------
#org 0x16C4B6
hidesprite 0x9
fanfare 0x101
preparemsg 0x819656D '"[player] obtained an EEVEE!"
waitmsg
waitfanfare
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x85
msgbox 0x81A5683 MSG_YESNO '"Do you want to give a nickname to\..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x816C4E5
call 0x81A8C0F
goto 0x816C4E5
'---------------
#org 0x1A9258
textcolor 0x3
msgbox 0x81A5E0D MSG_KEEPOPEN '"There's no more room for POKéMON!\..."
release
end
'---------------
#org 0x16C4F0
setflag 0x263
release
end
'---------------
#org 0x1A8C03
countpokemon
subvar LASTRESULT 0x1
copyvar 0x8004 LASTRESULT
return
'---------------
#org 0x1A74C7
fadescreen 0x1
special 0x9E
waitstate
return
'---------------
#org 0x16C4E5
call 0x81A8C18
goto 0x816C4F0
'---------------
#org 0x1A8C0F
fadescreen 0x1
special 0x166
waitstate
lock
faceplayer
return
'---------------
#org 0x1A8C18
bufferboxname 0x0 0x4037
bufferpokemon 0x1 0x4001
checkflag 0x834
if 0x0 call 0x81A8C33
checkflag 0x834
if 0x1 call 0x81A8C5E
return
'---------------
#org 0x1A8C33
special2 LASTRESULT 0x165
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x81A8C4C
msgbox 0x81A5CCD MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[buffer2] was transferred to\nSome..."
return
'---------------
#org 0x1A8C5E
special2 LASTRESULT 0x165
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x81A8C77
msgbox 0x81A5D0D MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[buffer2] was transferred to\nBILL..."
return
'---------------
#org 0x1A8C4C
special2 LASTRESULT 0x18A
bufferboxname 0x2 LASTRESULT
msgbox 0x81A5D4A MSG_KEEPOPEN '"BOX ["][buffer3]" on\nSomeone's PC..."
return
'---------------
#org 0x1A8C77
special2 LASTRESULT 0x18A
bufferboxname 0x2 LASTRESULT
msgbox 0x81A5D8D MSG_KEEPOPEN '"BOX ["][buffer3]" on\nBILL'S PC wa..."
return

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x19656D
= [player] obtained an EEVEE!
#org 0x1A5683
= Do you want to give a nickname to\nthis [buffer1]?
#org 0x1A5E0D
= There's no more room for POKéMON!\pThe POKéMON BOXES are full and\ncan't accept any more!
#org 0x1A5CCD
= [buffer2] was transferred to\nSomeone's PC.\pIt was placed in \nBOX ["][buffer1]."
#org 0x1A5D0D
= [buffer2] was transferred to\nBILL'S PC.\pIt was placed in \nBOX ["][buffer1]."
#org 0x1A5D4A
= BOX ["][buffer3]" on\nSomeone's PC was full.\p[buffer2] was transferred to\nBOX ["][buffer1]."
#org 0x1A5D8D
= BOX ["][buffer3]" on\nBILL'S PC was full.\p[buffer2] was transferred to\nBOX ["][buffer1]."
BTW, I haven't decided what Pokemon to give yet, I changed 85 (Eevee) to 185 (Cradily) though.

@Bozter
The only thing I can think of is to modify the actual graphics somehow instead of using another tileset. That always works.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
@Bozster that happens to me too... I can't find a solution but a safer way is backing up your tilesets, 'cos if it messes up your other blocks just load up your tilesets, again so you won't have to start your game again.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2009
New Fire Red Hack

Hi im intrested in making a TOTALY different game based on Pokemon Fire Red... i wonna changed almost everything that happens, get rid of Prof. Oaks
Opening ect... i've looked around but i cant really get a stright answer what tools do i need specificly for Fire Red? Especcialy Scripting tool... and maybe a few Usefull TuTs...

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Hi im intrested in making a TOTALY different game based on Pokemon Fire Red... i wonna changed almost everything that happens, get rid of Prof. Oaks
Opening ect... i've looked around but i cant really get a stright answer what tools do i need specificly for Fire Red? Especcialy Scripting tool... and maybe a few Usefull TuTs...

There's loads of tools, and not just specific for FR, Check out the "Toolbox" and the "Documents and Tutorials" section, under "Emulation". As for Scripting there's many tutorials for that in Documents and Tutorials, there's 2 main scripting tools, (That I know of) called XSE or Pokescript I think you get can them both from Toolbox.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
Once i have made a script in a .txt file how do i import it/use it with my ROM?
you need to search free space for it,put the code you found on the person at A-MAP.then click open script on the map the script will show only the offset that you found then insert the script then click compile.
and please someone answer my question about mew....

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
you need to search free space for it,put the code you found on the person at A-MAP.then click open script on the map the script will show only the offset that you found then insert the script then click compile.
and please someone answer my question about mew....

The scripting command setobedience.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2010
Does anyone know of a program or way to convert bmp or png files to 0-F text like in Poketex? Or is there a term to describe the text to properly search for one?

poketexissue.png

Thanks,
mrhiyuck

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Answer

Does anyone know if I can import indexed sprites into OWEditorRE?
The way you can import PKMN in UnLZ?

That should be possible, as long as it does not have more than 16 colours. If that doesn't work, paste it onto paint and save to un-indexify it.

Btw: Firaaz, Wiimeiser, thanks for the responses.

I was wondering how to post a map on the map rating thread off of advance map when i try to save it and upload it the file it is not a picture file?? please help...

If you can't save the map, just press the 'Print Screen' key on your keyboard then paste it onto Paint or something and save it. If the map is too big to fit into the screen, just copy and paste it in chunks.

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I need to know if there's a way (a special command or something) to reset the sprite of the main character to its walking sprite after initiating the special 0x157 bike command. I just want the character to instantly get off the bike and be walking again. Is this possible?

Just reposting this. Any way to automatically get the player off the bike that doesn't look too funky? I even tried a doanimation script, but the only one that made it work was the fly animation, which then made the sprite move extra fast for some reason. Is there any script I can use to force the main character from the bike sprite to the normal walking sprite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back