• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Five Worst Songs of 2012

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I couldn't get it down to five songs, so I have artists and songs!

1. Nicki Minaj
Her songs have the most annoying lyrics and her voice gets auto-tuned to such a massive extent it's not funny.

2. Call me Maybe
Another overrated piece of Pop poo.

3. Taylor Swift
I can't take these love songs anymore! Stop singing about the same thing please!

4. Diamonds
The chorus is repeated far too many times and get annoying after a couple of plays.

5. This Girl is on Fire
Don't get me wrong, Keys has an amazing voice, but this song it just irritating. Every time it comes on I change the channel.

There you go, the biggest flops of 2012 in Zupplu's opinion.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
First, some (dis)honourable mentions.

• Calvin Harris featuring Ne-Yo: Let's Go. Congratulations for making a dance rave song which puts me to sleep. What's a shame is that Calvin is quite a interesting producer, yet this song's beat is also mind-numbingly dull.
  • will.i.am featuring Britney Spears: Scream & Shout. A mediocre dance pop song from 2 artists who are just begging for there relevance back.
  • Drake featuring Lil Wayne: The Motto. It introduced YOLO. Elaboration would be redundant.
  • Train: Drive By. Gets a special mention for some of the worst lyrics of the year. If you need a garbage bag to carry your love, then you are really desperate.
  • 2 Chainz featuring Kanye West: Birthday Song: A birthday song talking about where someone raps about where they want to get buried. Ouch.

Okay, now onto the top 5!

No. 5: Cher Lloyd: Want U Back.

This song is beyond annoying. The irritating grunting in the song is a terrible music choice, and just seems to lampshade how annoying this song really is. The beat is also a very obvious plagiarism of "Party in The USA", a song which managed to be even more horrible than Miss Lloyd's immature whine of a song.

No. 4: One Direction: What Makes You Beautiful

I don't refer to One Direction on any of those boy band muppets (sans The Wanted, who I actually appreciate) as legit artists, and this product just puts everything I hate about the irritating comeback of this formulaic faeces into one 4 minute piece of pure cliché rubbish. Everything about this song is offensively generic - is this seriously the kind of music our girls are listening to? If so they must like falling asleep, as this song will cure insomnia with it's unrelentlessness boredom.

No. 3: Nicki Minaj: Stupid Hoe

Nicki's output this year has been very poor, and this song is easily her most unlistenably awful song in her discography. This song tries to be a funny dis track towards Lil Kim, yet fails in not being funny at all. It's filled with repetitious lyrics and the overall production is awful. Thank god this song didn't chart to save it's life.

No. 2: Flo Rida: Whistle

Let's just cut the chase here; this song is how Flo Rida's male anatomy. The actual subject matter of the song would make this song get a spot on my list easily, but the lyrics help it get close to the top of the suck-o-meter. Most of the lyrics are completely incomprehensible gibberish.

No. 1: Rhianna featuring Chris Brown: Birthday Cake

Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake.
Great lyrics guys, and this is ignoring the horrible idea of having Chris Brown (you know, that guy who assaulted Rhianna a few years ago) appear to make a already bad song truly abysmal.

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
For me, at least. I don't have many songs I hate, but here are the biggest two I can think of.

Call Me Maybe
I love the song, hate my brother, who sung it wayyyy too much and now I don't really want to listen to it.

Gangnam Style
Again, I love the song too. But guess who made it bad for me? I swear, I have to pop him in the head to get him to stop doing that stupid dance…like seriously do you not realize how ****ing stupid you look

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I don't have a top 5 since it's really hard for me to find music that I don't like, but there are three songs in particular that stuck out for me in 2012. These three being, in no particular order as they're each as bad as the others; Starships by Nicki Minaj, This Girl Is On Fire by Alicia Keys, and Diamonds by Rihanna. These songs are all equally annoying due to their shared repetitiveness, uninspired lyrics and in general the apparent lack of effort that went into producing them. They've all been quoted several times above so it looks like I'm not alone in thinking this, but these are the three songs which really stuck out for me this year. It would probably help if they weren't completely over-played on the radio and in clubs and such, but I guess that doesn't make the songs any better haha.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No. 5: Cher Lloyd: Want U Back.

This song is beyond annoying. The irritating grunting in the song is a terrible music choice, and just seems to lampshade how annoying this song really is. The beat is also a very obvious plagiarism of "Party in The USA", a song which managed to be even more horrible than Miss Lloyd's immature whine of a song.

Oh my GOD how did I forget this one?! I should change mine. This is number 1 for me. Push everything else back and make it top 6 worst songs of 2012 haha. Her voice is really awful though. The accent doesn't help. She sounds like a whiny British brat. And she sounds like she'd be gap toothed. idk why. She just does. But yeah, that song is awful. Every time I hear it I'm like "HE MOVED ON GIRL. HE MOVED ON FROM YOU AND YOUR HORRIBLE VOICE."

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
>We Are Young - Fun
I just really really never liked this song because the quality plunges at the chorus. It's such a bad chorus and it doesn't fit in with the rest of the song.

>Gangnam Style - PSY
PSY's a great dude. He really is. Read his responses to some of the comments on the Gangnam Style video sometime. I'm happy that he became such a success, but there's definitely a problem when the artist says they're tired of the song. Gangnam Style was a lesson about how too much success is a terrible thing.

>Starships - Nicki Minaj
Nicki Minaj's vocal range can go from a small child to someone impersonating a gruff manly voice in a split second and that bothers me about her, but I picked Starships over Stupid Hoe because it's censored even in the explicit version for absolutely no reason.

>Taylor Swift's entire Red album
Had to listen to this because one of the community's resident's daughters was playing it while I was cleaning and it was possibly the worst day I've ever had at work. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together wasn't even my least favorite song. That award goes to I Knew You Were Trouble.

>Glad You Came - The Wanted
I really don't like vague songs about meeting strangers and I used to have to listen to this one four times a day (once while driving to work, once on the way home, and at least twice in the kitchen at work).

Shiny Bidoof

On fire
Years
  • Age 32
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
1. Call Me Maybe (of course)

2. Anything by LMFAO (glad they're gone)

3. Payphone by Maroon 5 (anything by them too, really)

4. Drive By by Train (They should get hit by one)

5. We are Young by Fun (They're not fun at all)

Back