• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Voices

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
so ive been thinking about this recently and id really like to know what you folks think about some of the pokemon's voices in the anime (english dub). clearly there were the classics but one that i think that stands out is ash's gible. the episode where he caught it and throughout the rest of sinnoh it cracked me up because of the sound of its voice and how dumb it seemed to be. especially when ash tried to ask it first to be his pokemon and it just sad "gib" with the same inflection on each question he asked it. piplup's was cool too and it helped facilitate its personality. some of the newer ones are kinda sub par (tepig, trubbish, blitzle im looking at you) and some are really good/funny (snivy's and oshawott's both seem to fit them). what do you think?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
The Pokemon's voices are adorbs. Especially Pikachu's and Starly's. I love how the people pull off their voices. <3 A lot of them made me fall in love with whoever does the Pokemon's voices. I fell in love with Psyduck's voice too, when I was eleven I imitated it, lol. Gible's is okay, not of my tastes because of the weird vibe it give off.

Years
Some of them are worse than in Japanese version and some are better imho. For example I loved Japanese Lotad voice, it was much better and fitting than English one. I can't imagine hearing other voice of Psyduck than English one though. Chimchar and it's evos voices were better in Japanese, Charmander and Charmeleon voices were better in English.

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
i actually liked lotad's english voice, it gave off the same kind of inflection that gible has. its just known that brock's lotad was "slow" which made it all the more funny.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
i love pachirisus. oh and happiny because it had such a high pitched voice but it could pick up freakin 1000 pound rocks LOL

xNeonVulpyx

PokeMaster Vulpy <3
Years
Charmander's voice is the cutest. <3 (You probably guessed who I would pick already)

I used to do a good impression of Beautifly's voice. I haven't done it for years, so it's probably not as good now. XD

bulbasir

Just call me Mr. Sir...
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
Misty's psyduck was the funniest thing ever IMO ^^

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
This is one of the main reason I watch Pokemon anime - just to hear their voices! (some cute ones I will use in my cell phone - for getting text messages). I only seen the anime in English, Spanish (in my native language they kept the same English names and voices - no change), and Japanese, (forgot) two episodes in German (Emolga and the New Volt Swtich, and The Squritle Squad).

Really love Oshawott's voice (American dub or Japanese), its really funny to hear it in various situations (when he is happy, sad, mad, broken hearted) - its the main reason I keep coming back to the anime.

Emolga (her voice didn't change in the American dub), when she speaks or laughs... cutest ever!! (German dub shouldn't have changed her voice, sounded really different as in not so good)

Also Watchog, loved his Japanese voice, at first sounded really strange when I heard it in the American dub (wow! not what I was expecting - after a while I got used to it), especially loved the 'younger inexperienced' voice of Hiroto's Watchog (waiting to see how it will sound like this Saturday's premier in English) - it sounded even stranger in German.

Other mentions I also loved Dawn's Pachirisu, Dawn/Ash's Buizel, May's Skitty, Zoey's Glameow, Hiroto/Quattro/Burgundy's Dewott, Giovanni's Persian..... can't think of more.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I loved chikoritas, so cute. My favourite is definitely squirtle.

It may just be me, but I hate Wobbuffets.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
Me & My girlfriend love Goldeens voice.. The whole "Goldeen Goldeen, Goldeen Goldeen!"
Is awesome haha. The best golden voice I've heard was in super smash bros. On the N64

Last edited:
Back