• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I could try, but since it couldn't be understood by everyone, I will send a private message.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I don't know if it is just me but my game experinces extremely detrimental lag while on outside maps using the Essentials Kit, does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it, i have a maximun of like 15-20 events per map(most have way less like 5-10) so i dont think its overloaded, but i dont know. please help thanks.

.:EDIT:.
Just so you'll know I have the same problem in an unedited version of the Essentials kit, but not in other game files of mine that dont use the essentials kit.

Last edited:

pokemon programer

Head of TerraByte Software
Years
hey poccil i think your starter kit is awsome. Would it be possible that you input all the 4th generation pokemon so that people have all those to work with when they start?

I just got to mess around with the new version. I think it is awsome even more now with the cries. That is cool that you can upload boxes from pokemon ruby. Where is the code for the debug menu? I was thinking about trying to add some stuff to it. Keep up the awsome work.

I thought I would repost since it changed pages.
Oh poccil did you get the pm I sent you. If so please reply

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
Years
Yeah, recieved the icons for the 4th generation pokemon from poccils site and I have the shiny fronts and back as well as the regular fonts nd backs, alll I'm doing now is entering data for them. I talked to Flameguru and he said if i add the remaining pokemon to pass the pokemon txt and graphics folder to others but I have a problem with some of the data for the pokemon, which includes the items needed to evolve certain ones, the growth rate, moves that aren't in the list that you put in the SK and some other piece of Data that's needed in the game. After getting this pokemon situation cleared I really wont have any reason to bother you Poccil, but I really just need your help with the pokemon data fro the Sinnoh pokemon, cause the data from your site that I am using, some of the data and moves aren't working in the game and I need your help with the pokemon.txt data. If you can give me that, I'll find a way to contribute the graphics of the 4th generation pokemon that other SK users have been asking you about and maybe it can relieve some workload off of you, but it's you're call Poccil.

Last edited:

pokemon programer

Years
Sorry poccil if i answer wrong. phoenixprime88b5 the reason why some of the attacks aren't working is because the 4th generation attacks aren't programmed in the game as of yet. Which means you are trying to use data that dosen't exist. The reason that the items for eveolution aren't working is because the fact that you might not of created the items in items.txt (i think thats the name).

Last edited:

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
What a really fantastic resource! I can't thank you enough. It's really exciting to be able to make my own game without having extensive knowledge about scripting and the like.

I'm a little bit confused about how I can change some of the animations in the game. The attacks have the "fire" animation, and I want to try to make specific ones. I'm not sure where I associate each attack with the animations I make. And I'd also like to animate the Poké Ball being thrown.

Thank you very much.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Only Preliminary support is built in for Attack Animations. Poccil said this a few pages back. I'm pretty sure he wants us to create animations ourselves and have us send them to him.

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
Years
Sorry poccil if i answer wrong. phoenixprime88b5 the reason why some of the attacks aren't working is because the 4th generation attacks aren't programmed in the game as of yet. Which means you are trying to use data that dosen't exist. The reason that the items for eveolution aren't working is because the fact that you might not of created the items in items.txt (i think thats the name).

I know that why the data didn't work. When I was explaining why the data wasn't working was because attacks can't be made and the items woild have to be made for the evolution part. I know Pokemon Programmer, that's why I was saying to Poccil that he would have to add the attacks and items or change the data for the pokemon. So hopefully he'll put the 4th generation pokemon in the next Starter Kit update.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I feel pretty stupid, because for some reason I can't get a very simple thing to work. XD

I was wanting to do a player transfer from my starting town into a cave, and it comes up with this error when the player touches the entrance.

pokemon programer

Years
Sorry I must of misunderstood what you were saying. I asked him that a couple of pages ago but got no answer.
Everybody I sent poccil a pm and told him about an idea I had about possibly making a scripting language to go with it because a lot of people don't like Ruby/RGSS and with all the scipts that poccil has added it might be hard to make a compatible script. Then I thougt I would ask you all wether or not you would want that. Plus it would be a lot easier to learn. I haven't gotten a reply from him yet and would like your input on the this idea. I told him that I would develop the language if he would implment it so please put in your oppion.

Blueguy that is something that happens to me. The reason it happens is because something dosen't intilize properly I seem to find it the most common error that it gives me. Make sure you don't have alot of other programs running when you are playing. It seems to cut down on it happing.

Last edited:

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Blueguy that is something that happens to me. The reason it happens is because something dosen't intilize properly I seem to find it the most common error that it gives me. Make sure you don't have alot of other programs running when you are playing. It seems to cut down on it happing.

I don't think that's why it's doing it. On the test map, entering and exiting the cave works fine. I'm really confused why it doesn't on my own maps.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I don't know if it is just me but my game experinces extremely detrimental lag while on outside maps using the Essentials Kit, does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it, i have a maximun of like 15-20 events per map(most have way less like 5-10) so i dont think its overloaded, but i dont know. please help thanks.

.:EDIT:.
Just so you'll know I have the same problem in an unedited version of the Essentials kit, but not in other game files of mine that dont use the essentials kit.

Through some testing i notice that the lag is caused by the connecting of maps, my guess is its processing/updating all the events at once instead of the ones only on the map that the hero is located...maybe. I say this because on Indoor maps there is no lag, so I assume that its because they aren't connected to any other maps using the connections.txt file. If that is the case is there anything that can be done to fix that problem, its a life or death issue with my game... :(

If you need my to, Poccil, I can PM you an un encrypted progress file that you can take a look at..idk tho it might just be my project file is screwed up.

Last edited:

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
Years
Yea, I noticed that lag myself Minorthreat0987, I get it often as I have a fair few connecting maps in Code Biohazard (only 3 really; New Bark, Route29 and Cherrygrove) and they lag...

I also have a fair few events on each map individually, namely the various NPC's who inhabit those areas...

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Minorthreat0987:

Part of what I believe is causing lag is the custom Tilemap class I created. Even though I've improved its performance recently, I worry that it may not be enough yet. That's why starting with the next version, the custom class will be enabled only when the screen size is being shrunk. I may even make it a game option in the near future. But thanks for your offer on letting me investigate the problem.

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2008
@Poccil: Could you try to explain how it works just like you did it for "wichu"?

Send me a PM pls.

Maybe I could work at the animations files.
But i need more sprites^^

Is there anyone who can rip them from game?

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Minorthreat0987:

Part of what I believe is causing lag is the custom Tilemap class I created. Even though I've improved its performance recently, I worry that it may not be enough yet. That's why starting with the next version, the custom class will be enabled only when the screen size is being shrunk. I may even make it a game option in the near future. But thanks for your offer on letting me investigate the problem.

If that was the case then wouldnt the lag occur on both connected and non-connected maps. I only experience lag when I have the maps connected if I dont have them connected then there is vertually no lag. Also would the tilemap class cause the game to freeze completely, because mine has done that a few times.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Lorem Ipsum:

See the "Adding a Pokemon" section in my documentation:

For an easy way to add a Pokemon, call pbAddPokemon(X,Y) where X is the species number of the Pokemon, and Y is its level. You can modify that function, which is located in PokemonUtilities, to remove the messages. Adding a Pokemon may fail, so this statement should appear in a "Conditional Branch" event command.

Minorthreat0987:

As I've learned, a reason why the game can freeze is that the game has to load a very large tileset bitmap, which is the case for the sample outdoor maps. I had therefore modified the RPG::Cache class to handle this case, namely that if loading the bitmap would cause the script to hang, it tries again. (As I've learned, RGSS raises the hanging-up exception only once per run.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back