• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trashbox-EX

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Hey PC!
I just took 3rd in BRs with Hydreigon/Darkrai... and now I'm thinking of a new deck to make. Its Garbodor! I've heard about this deck a lot, and I think it could go pretty far. Here's what I've got going. It's not really a legit list already, just a set of cards that I put together. (((I was originally going to make Garbodor Toolbox, but I ended up with this.

POKEMON: 11
3-3 Garbodor
3 Terrakion/EX/GroudonEX
2 Sableye

I/S/S: 36
4 Crushing Hammer
2 Enhanced Hammer
3 Pokémon Catcher
4 Rescue Scarf
3 Exp. Share
4 Heavy Ball
3 Ultra Ball
4 Tool Scrapper
4 N
3 Juniper
2 Cheren
1 Super Rod

ENERGY: 16
4 Prism Energy
8 Fighting

Last edited:

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Oops!!! forgot the strategy... Basically, Keep the opponent from attacking with the Hammers and Sableye, and if they get KO'd, use Terrakion to return the KO. The reason I use Terrakion and Groudon is because a lot of the metagame is based on Dark types and Electric types, and almost all of em use abilities, and energy acceleration. So, by shutting down acceleration, the opponent will only get one energy attachment per turn... and those will soon be gone thanks to Hammers!

I could use some advice on this deck soon...

KenXEcker

Pokemon Professor
Years
I'd say, definitely add in some switch. Last place you wanna be is with a 4 cost retreater with no energy as your active... If they're gonna catcher your garbodor, they intend to OHKO it, so it's hard to plan around that with no item lock in the format...

Other than that, I think it looks pretty good on paper. :D

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Well here's the thing: I do run Rescue Scarf. 4 of them. That means it'll be pretty hard to remove them from play. And while the opponent KO's Garbodors, I'll return the favor with Retaliate. And then they'll all go "D'OH!!!" :) Getting Terrakion out won't be hard either, thanks to Heavy Ball. Same with Garbodor... anyone have any ideas on who I should use? (Terrakion/Terrakion-EX/Groudon-EX???)

and @donavannj: I could run Zebstrika, but honestly, don't like that synergy. The thing is, Zebstrika only has 90 HP, so a whole truck full of things could OHKO it. And, I'd only be doing literally 40 damage a turn unless I'm against a Water deck. So I think Terrakion would still be the best partner for Garbodor.

Last edited:
Years
Garbador and Terrakion make a fearsome duo so yeah stick to those two. I'm not sure how I feel about Sableye + hammers in the deck. I think you would be better off using Emolga as your starting Pokemon and loading your bench up. With Emolga you won't need as many balls so you can drop an Ultra and Heavy Ball, or just get rid of Ultra Ball completely perhaps.

Nine supporters is nowhere near enough. Max Juniper then add in three to four more supporters so you have 13-14. You should be running four Pokemon Catcher as well. Once you shut down the abilities it's oh so easy to catcher up something vulernable that can't do anything for a few turns, especially against Darkrai builds which generally don't run Switch.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Well, I've tested this deck out many times, and once I tried dropping Cheren completely and the deck STILL worked out fine :) so many balls.

Also: This deck was originally going to be Hammertime with Darkrai instead of Terrakion, but since I love Terrakion's matchups, I simply had to switch out Darkrai for Terrakion. And with Sableye in here, I'd also be able to get back Catcher and Other useful things, so I don't really need to run 4 Catcher, also because I have a pretty decent chance of facing off against an eel variant or darkrai variant (those are pretty popular).

Years
I run 14 supporters in my current deck and I draw so many hands where I don't have a supporter to play and it pisses me off so much, so I cannot honestly see how you are fine with running such a low number of supporters.

But it feels as if you're just shoe horning the hammertime strategy into the deck, it feels a bit forced but if it works, it works.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Yeah. It's all about the ball engine and the supporters. My friend's used to always say in the HGSS formant: if you don't ask for the professor's help, dual your balls. XD

Years
But supporters and ball cards do different things. I could understand if you were trying to compare Pokemon Collector with Dual Ball or something though. Are you trying to mimic that sort of comparison even though Collector is no longer in the format?

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Yeah. Another example: Skyla. Why run Skyla, if you could just run a whole bunch of other trainers? I would only use this card anyway if it were for something like an ace spec, but, you know... Don't use skyla if you dont use ace specs... I'm just thinking ahead to the next set.

Years
Skyla is good in an item dependent deck though, like HD lol.

You know what though, I might give your theory a test by adding some level balls into my deck and lowering the supporter count.

Back