• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey everyone, my friend from school decided to barge in my room and record me while asking questions about Dark Rising. He kept buggin me to post it on PC, so here it is. You don't have to watch, it's just so he can leave me alone lol. It's just random troll questions about the future of the hack and a small look at a new cave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk8RisWC244

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Hey everyone, my friend from school decided to barge in my room and record me while asking questions about Dark Rising. He kept buggin me to post it on PC, so here it is. You don't have to watch, it's just so he can leave me alone lol. It's just random troll questions about the future of the hack and a small look at a new cave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk8RisWC244

Haha, I watched it lol... :P

Oh, and what do you think of our character suggestions? :)

Years
Sorry, but it's not. I found out about the physical/special patch when most of the first beta was already complete and patching it that late would result in me loosing a lot of scripts and possibly glitching the hack. The physical/special spilt WILL be in the next installment of the series which is already being worked on by Tajaros.

Also, sorry about the lack of updates everyone. Yesterday was my birthday (Yay me! ^.^) and I have a mid-term this week (Nooooo...) but I have been editing the list of Pokemon to appear in new areas later in the game and editing a lot of NPC scripts that you'll see in towns. I've also been taking snapshots of my test playthrough of the remainder of the hack, so expect to see a post load of pics coming soon. They're nothing too special, but they will showcase a lot of places and events coming up in the next release. Don't worry, I didn't take snapshots of the best events, just some random stuff here and there. I'll be posting up the New List of Pokemon catchable in specific areas at that time as well.

Thanks for the help and support everyone. Wish me luck on my mid-term!
Yeah good to see a new beta getting nearer. YAY for that. Also I thank you for looking into my suggestions !!! Yeah no secret revealing for best events and will you make a new list about wild encounters.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
A new list of wild Pokemon that can be obtainable in the upcoming areas will be uploaded about 2 weeks before the release.

As for the character suggestions, a lot of you picked some great ones but idk...I still feel they're all missing something, like a really good key link as to why they're in the Pokemon world and missing the type of knowledge to use Pokemon. Take Kirito from SAO for example(I just started watching the show btw, really awesome. ^.^) He seems capable of using Pokemon cause he's used to playing in an rpg himself already, but he actually DOES the combat in it. Unlike Pokemon, where they do the fighting. So he couldn't really fit, plus we don't know what happens at the end of that series when he reaches the 100th floor. Good choice though.

Same thing for the Avatar. Aang would be a cool gym leader who uses multiple types in his gym such as Fire, Water, Rock/Ground, and Flying. But like the above example, he does the fighting and he wouldn't fit at all in the Pokemon universe. It was just more simple to have Atem in the Pokemon world because he's used to controlling monsters and having a game-like strategy mentality, even if they're cards.

There's still a Looooooooong time before that has to be decided, but it was nice to hear some opinions. Thanks. I'm currently adding a new lab for the first town in the hack and a new ghost tower for Millennium City, the 7th major city where you'll meet Atem and a bunch of other cool exciting events will take place.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@DRG: It seems hard to choose... why don't you just make characters out of PC members or make non-anime characters? =)

We'll see, that may be the way to go. But I'll come up with something.

October 5th I'll reveal all of the pre-release pics I've been saving while doing my personal playthrough of the second half of the hack. They're nothing big, as I don't want to spoil any of the best stuff. But they will show a lot of new and interesting parts within the remaining parts of the hack.

Years
We'll see, that may be the way to go. But I'll come up with something.

October 5th I'll reveal all of the pre-release pics I've been saving while doing my personal playthrough of the second half of the hack. They're nothing big, as I don't want to spoil any of the best stuff. But they will show a lot of new and interesting parts within the remaining parts of the hack.
Speaking of which why not add old anime characters or rivals.
Even the old game characters which are being forgotten

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Speaking of which why not add old anime characters or rivals.
Even the old game characters which are being forgotten

I already had Gary planed for part 2 somewhere. But that's a thought that crossed my mind several times so I just may do that.

Instead of October 5th, I'm going to post the screenshots tonight! Expect to see all of these things in the final version of the hack due by the end of this year.

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
Ok so i'm stuck at Iceland City and I don't know where to go from here. Apparently i've skipped my 3rd gym so I hope that didn;t let me use fly or something ._.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Ok so i'm stuck at Iceland City and I don't know where to go from here. Apparently i've skipped my 3rd gym so I hope that didn;t let me use fly or something ._.

After Iceland City, go to the Underground City next to it. Defeat KAYO there, then go back and get your 4th badge from the gym leader. After that, go into the door KAYO was blocking in UNDERGROUND CITY, you'll end up in a new route. Go through the route until you see EVIL PETE. Battle him, and that's the end of the beta. Beta 2, which is the final release of this rom, is coming by the end of the year. Part 2 will be released next year on a completely different rom and thread.

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
After Iceland City, go to the Underground City next to it. Defeat KAYO there, then go back and get your 4th badge from the gym leader. After that, go into the door KAYO was blocking in UNDERGROUND CITY, you'll end up in a new route. Go through the route until you see EVIL PETE. Battle him, and that's the end of the beta. Beta 2, which is the final release of this rom, is coming by the end of the year. Part 2 will be released next year on a completely different rom and thread.

Aww so I beat it already :( It was really fun can't wait till part 2.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Aww so I beat it already :( It was really fun can't wait till part 2.

Yeah, sorry. The next release will be the entire part 1, so it'll be much longer.

I'll be posting the pics in a couple of hours. They lead up to everything I've completed and played through thus far. Note that pictures of Atem's events won't be in the post because it's been moved to a later part in the hack. I've still got a fair amount left to play through but everything up until the end of the hack Has been edited. I just need to play through it to see if it works. Then, Tajaros just has to add some big epic events, insert the cries, and we should be done.

I'll be posting very soon. Homework comes first though. ^.^

Years
Yeah, sorry. The next release will be the entire part 1, so it'll be much longer.

I'll be posting the pics in a couple of hours. They lead up to everything I've completed and played through thus far. Note that pictures of Atem's events won't be in the post because it's been moved to a later part in the hack. I've still got a fair amount left to play through but everything up until the end of the hack Has been edited. I just need to play through it to see if it works. Then, Tajaros just has to add some big epic events, insert the cries, and we should be done.

I'll be posting very soon. Homework comes first though. ^.^
Can't wait for it... Go you stupid time.. Pass !!!! Also why not add characters like Paul, Iris, Cilan or even Tracey

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Can't wait for it... Go you stupid time.. Pass !!!! Also why not add characters like Paul, Iris, Cilan or even Tracey

Paul, Iris, and Gary sound like a great idea. Not a fan of Cilan and Tracey I can't really think of a useful reason for him to be in the hack.

Update coming soon. It's A LOT for me to upload.

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2012
sigh

the bosses are retarded.. I mean I don't expect to fight 5 high leveled as pokemon when i'm done running through a facking tunnel battling a thousand trainers

Even though I beat them it is just retarded.. then you have to run all the way back to the pokecenter then run all the way back by a thousand repels.. its just no.. cool it down.. for the next part:disappoin

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
the bosses are retarded.. I mean I don't expect to fight 5 high leveled as pokemon when i'm done running through a facking tunnel battling a thousand trainers

Even though I beat them it is just retarded.. then you have to run all the way back to the pokecenter then run all the way back by a thousand repels.. its just no.. cool it down.. for the next part:disappoin

The hack is meant to be very difficult and requires you to take some time and level up after you've completed a new area. You're not going to breeze through the hack like a gba/ds title. Plus, when I had the difficult at a normal Pokemon game pace, ppl went through it way too easily and said it needed to be higher. But the difficulty has been paced better in the next part and the bosses are suppose to have insanely strong Pokemon. It's meant to feel like you can't defeat them, but you find a way anyway. Which I see you did according to your post.

Back