• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Zapdos, Moltres or Articuno

Your favorite

• Total voters
Years
My favourite was Zapdos because I caught it a lot earlier in the game (and catching it was much easier than the other 2).
I like Articuno's design the most though. Also it's Sheer Cold helped me win a few matches that would have been otherwise impossible :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
Zapdos - not only is it the most aesthetically pleasing in my opinion (Although I do like the look of Moltres; Articuno is too plain for me), but it is also the most useful in competitive battle, with the widest movepool, best typing, great Speed and Sp. Atk, with effective STAB moves to back it up. Articuno is usually absolutely dreadful in battle, and while Moltres is not so bad, its typing and fairly shallow movepool let it down. Also, Ho-Oh is a very similar Pokemon in this respect, except it is superior to Moltres in most aspects.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2014
My Fav was (and still is) Articuno. I've always had a liking for the ice type pokemon and one time i got a German Articuno over the GTS in Platinum and i thought it was cool.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Well Articuno is my all-time favorite legendary, so I always catch it. :D I don't manage to capture Zapdos or Moltres unless I actually want to.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
MOltres
Zapdos
ARTicuno

Mozart. :P

OnT: My favorite must be Articuno! Man that bird is awesome and I love its cry!

Years
I'm not really sure if I have a favorite, considering that all three can be caught within the games, but if I had to say, mine would be Zapdos (pulling from the hat).

Years
Poor Moltres is so behind in votes. :(

Zapdos is usually the first one I catch and is always super useful if I'm stuck in the E4. He's also my favorite type, so Zapdos all the way!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I love Articuno. It is the most elegant of the three birds and is really beautiful too. Just look at that flowing tail and those blue plumage feathers! Zapdos and Moltres are no match to Articuno in terms of beauty, that's for sure. If I ever saw it in the wild in real life, I would just stop in my tracks and just, you know, stare at it.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I've always liked Zapdos the most.
I love his design and color pattern, and i think he look the most fierce out of the trio.
Plus his typing always made for a good pokemon to use in battle

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Competitive-wise it is definitely Zapdos, doesn't have a crippling 4x weakness and only takes 2x damage from 2 types so overall it's quite good; it does have quite a limited movepool though. ;_; Articuno wins for looks, it just looks so cool and cute and I just o3o

Moltres can go die in a hole tbh

Years
As you can probably guess from my username, I chose Moltres. It was the hardest one of the three for me to catch considering I had already used my Master Ball. I really liked the look of this Pokémon and was in my opinion, boss.

Back