• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legendary Falchion - Fire Emblem Fan Club

Nakala Pri

Favorite Game: Awakening, by far the most entertaining and comprehensive one yet, I've had a lot of fun playing it.
Favorite Character: Ilyana. I know, not an Awakening character, but it doesn't change the fact that she's one of my favourite characters ever as well as a complete girl crush for me. Possibly because we both like food.

Welcome to the club, Fsteak! :D Since the owner of the club's internet connection is not working and I'm second in command. :P So on his behalf, welcome! ^^

Username: MarthEX
Favorite Game: Shadow Dragon, I loved that it had wifi
Favorite Character: ...Marth

Welcome to the club, Marth! :D I hope you enjoy it here! C:

Last edited:

Eibbor82

Show me your moves!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 8, 2023
Username: Eibbor82
Favorite Game: Awakening
Favorite Character: Gaius

It's so hard to pick a favorite character when there's so many good ones ;__;

Comet7

Star of the show
Years
Haters gonna hate, mate. All I can say is that, if Awakening was like the older games, the franchise would be dead now. I personally love the Awakening art because it's clearly Japanese while deviating a bit from the anime conventional art.

There's also the general envy that Awakening was the game that saved the series. People can't stand the fact their favorite game in a series isn't as loved as the "mainstream" one.

I don't think Awakening is perfect but it's incredibly fun and the characterization is awesome. Heck, some people were saying at SF that Shadow Dragon's cast is better than Awakening's because most of the characters are silent while Awakening's characters only speak drivel according to them. Really, are you going to say that no character development is better than some character development? And the character development in Awakening is a matter of opinion, I love most supports in the game.

SF is a fire emblem forum, you're bound to find some people like that there.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Shadow Dragon was cool and all, I just didn't like that they didn't use those nifty sprites like the GBA games did. I wasn't fond of the new art style, either.

But I really liked the whole multiplayer-being-on-wifi thing they had going on, though.

Nakala Pri

Welcome to the club, Eibbor! I'm glad to find another Gaius lover here. ^^ Honestly, he is so handsome! :P

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Username:Fsteak
Favorite Game: Awakening, by far the most entertaining and comprehensive one yet, I've had a lot of fun playing it.
Favorite Character: Ilyana. I know, not an Awakening character, but it doesn't change the fact that she's one of my favourite characters ever as well as a complete girl crush for me. Possibly because we both like food.
welcome to the club :) you know recently i began to like Ilyana as well since she has a nice character and that she is the only thunder mage in the game. hope you like the club :)
Username: MarthEX
Favorite Game: Shadow Dragon, I loved that it had wifi
Favorite Character: ...Marth
welcome! i really like marth as a character too you know (especially because his and shiida's marriage is like the only canon marriage in the series not counting the likes of pent and louise since they didnt look much like a couple at all) anyways have fun ^^
They didn't have to make Shadow Dragon so close to the NES game. XCOM was a remake done right. It wasn't just a graphics update, it modernized the mechanics of the game. From what I heard about SD it sounded like IntSys was too conservative and missed an opportunity to make a great game with recognizable characters (after all, it's FE1 we're talking about here) but instead went the purist way and didn't do a great job.
couldnt agree more. shadow dragon was like a carbon copy of the nes game save for graphics and wifi but i didnt really hate it since it had a decent story. im impressed with the mystery of the emblem remake though. it was the first game that had a playable avatar after all
Username: Eibbor82

welcome to the club! haha i know but you can actually change your favorite character anytime unless you do it like 5 times a day. i should probably add that to the first post. have fun :)

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Really? That's pretty sweet!

I'd vote for it, if I intended on voting for anything.

Nakala Pri

Okay, me and Chrom are pretty much ready to marry (when I get some good skills, ditto Blue Blood!)

But I can't decide between Grandmaster, Bow Knight or Dark Knight! NEED HELP! :O

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Fire Emblem Awakening is being nominated at Spike TV's VGA for Best 3DS Title; are you guys planning to vote for it?
i guess it won the best rpg award right?
Okay, me and Chrom are pretty much ready to marry (when I get some good skills, ditto Blue Blood!)

But I can't decide between Grandmaster, Bow Knight or Dark Knight! NEED HELP! :O

Haha kinda weird saying that but so am i since i started a new game as a girl this time around XD

Well, know that Dark Knight is weaker than Grandmaster statwise and the only plus is that its a mounted unit which is a double-edged sword since your character will be vulnerable to the weapons like Beast Killer so do NOT choose Dark Knight. Bow Knight is a good class though and you should do it if you dont want to remain as a Grandmaster.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Grandmaster is cool, and so is Dark Knight in my opinion.

I'm gonna throw two cents in here, I don't feel that Beastkiller is enough of a threat to dissuade mounted units. Dark Knights can deal with them at a range, and a little planning can cover the Dark Knight for the turn she's vulnerable in most situations.

I'm also gonna say, though, that I don't think having a mounted unit is as necessary as it was in past games. There are very few chapters where you need to hurry to secure an objective (like the Anna chapters). So having someone on a horse or dragon is really up to preference in this game.

Nakala Pri

I'm gonna go for a Bow Knight... I think... xD

Yeah, 'cos they're mounted, wield swords and bows and they get to ride a PONY!! :D

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Grandmaster is cool, and so is Dark Knight in my opinion.

I'm gonna throw two cents in here, I don't feel that Beastkiller is enough of a threat to dissuade mounted units. Dark Knights can deal with them at a range, and a little planning can cover the Dark Knight for the turn she's vulnerable in most situations.

I'm also gonna say, though, that I don't think having a mounted unit is as necessary as it was in past games. There are very few chapters where you need to hurry to secure an objective (like the Anna chapters). So having someone on a horse or dragon is really up to preference in this game.
You're right i confused it with other fe games where anti-mount weapons are much more common ( zanbato,halberd,horseslayer and such) but still its weaker than grandmaster statwise.
İ think there are many chapters in which you need to rush to get the chests so mounted and flying units are pretty important in awakening too. However i havent played the very first and gc/wii games so they may have some hard chapters in which you need to rush.

Nakala Pri

I hope you have been playing plenty of Awakening? :D

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Ahhh I'm sorry! I haven't posted here for over a month! D:

Welcome back PinkSapphire! It's nice to see you again.

also im planning on starting a lunatic classic walkthrough after my current hard classic one. any pointers you guys could give me would be appreciated for those who played it :D

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
My most recent file is a Lunatic Classic, though I'm not too far into the story. First of all, Panne is such a beast when she rides a dragon. Her natural speed with the strength boost from the wyvern rider class makes her amazing.

My Sumia is a Darkflier. It's not workin' out. XD

As always, Chrom's speed boost from his pair up bonuses make Freddy a beast for those early chapters, but mostly I want to save Chrom for Olivia. If you have the patience, then dance-grinding Olivia to the max level will make Lucina a god when you get her (assuming you're going to wed Olivia to Chrom).

Tharja's not really working too well for me, but she's not too bad when I pair her with Gaius. I'd rather use Libra as my Dark Mage, though.

And never ever underestimate the power of the tonics.

Back