• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Persona (series)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
The godly Atlus series with immerse popularity worldwide has been mentioned here for so many times that it should have its own thread just like Shin Megami Tensei =)
What is your favorite series?
Have you actually played the first or second? ('cause not many did o.O)
Discuss!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I have plans to buy Persona Golden for the Vita sometime soon. =) I've heard it's a long game and very addicting. Wish I had picked it up when it was $15.99 at GameStop a few months ago uuuug.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I have plans to buy Persona Golden for the Vita sometime soon. =) I've heard it's a long game and very addicting. Wish I had picked it up when it was $15.99 at GameStop a few months ago uuuug.
It... is more than that =D
I platinumed the game in 2 playthroughs in about 150 hours (120 + 30) without playing anything else so... it IS addicting =D

And as I already said, if someone has Vita... they have to play P4G.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
I've actually never played an entry to the Persona series but, I've heard that they're very good and fun! My brother actually was really into it and loved the game series

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Played one on PSP which is Persona 3 Portable. It's very addicting to know how events will turn out. I've captured all the girls there. (God of Conquest is me) Also watched the Persona 4 Animation. What I would like to watch is the Persona 3 Movie :<

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I love P3P, imo best Persona game there is. I cannot wait for five at the end of this(next?) year. Hope it can top 4 and I hope the portable version is even better!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Played one on PSP which is Persona 3 Portable. It's very addicting to know how events will turn out. I've captured all the girls there. (God of Conquest is me)
You can only call yourself Persona God of Conquest if you capture every girl in P4/P4G =D
Pretty much conquest of main girls is forced in P3 'cause you cannot not go out with them if you want to max their social link =D

What I would like to watch is the Persona 3 Movie :<
Tell me about it =D It the only thing I'm looking forward to more than Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei =D

Years
I inevitably watched the anime of Persona 4 before playing the game and then it sort of ruined the experience for me...I already knew the ending and what happens; not entirely sure if it's exactly the same, but the beginning was enough to deter me from continuing \: Also, there was too much dialogue throughout the game. While I'm mindlessly trying to skip through them, there were times when I would miss important questions that had an affect on the game ;___; I wanna try to get myself into the franchise with the 3DS though.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I inevitably watched the anime of Persona 4 before playing the game and then it sort of ruined the experience for me...I already knew the ending and what happens;
Well... that's actually good. Because many people did not know who the real culprit is and got bad ending because of that =D

Also, there was too much dialogue throughout the game. While I'm mindlessly trying to skip through them, there were times when I would miss important questions that had an affect on the game ;___;
You shouldn't skip dialogue o.O Dialogue is the main thing of Persona games =D

I wanna try to get myself into the franchise with the 3DS though.
PQ will be kinda weird considering that Minato and Yu will be talking =D
You won't enjoy true essence of Persona with talking protagonists =D

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Today, Atlus made another big announcement regarding the new 4 Persona games!
And it's the more important one because it has USA release dates for the games!
We'll get P4A2 and PQ this year!
And P5 + P4D will be in the next.
Anyone excited we get new Personas so soon? :D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Have you actually played the first or second? ('cause not many did o.O)
Discuss!

Dude, play the second for sure. It's definitely different and arguably not as good but it's still freakin' awesome. It's not got the life sim aspect of the later games, and more focus on combat; but you still get the quality you'd expect from a Persona game, check it out.

Not played the first though

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Dude, play the second for sure. It's definitely different and arguably not as good but it's still freakin' awesome. It's not got the life sim aspect of the later games, and more focus on combat; but you still get the quality you'd expect from a Persona game, check it out.

Not played the first though
Don't worry, I'm in the middle of Innocent Sin so I'm fully aware of beauty of P2 and as you say, it's more like classical SMT than Persona =)
I really like the demon negotiations =)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'll be getting it, along with the other Persona games announced. It'll be nice to have a slice of Persona on my 3DS

Which reminds me, some of you may be steering away from Persona 4 Arena because it's a Fighting game, and I can understand that, but I recommend it for Labrys' story. It's fantastically written and well executed, so much to the point that I would actually recommend the game for that reason alone. It's really good, and the game's pretty cheap (and it'll probably get cheaper once the sequel comes out).

And Satoshi, you won't regret getting a 3DS, there's so much goodness on the system that you'll have a lot to occupy you even after you finish PQ.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Which reminds me, some of you may be steering away from Persona 4 Arena because it's a Fighting game, and I can understand that, but I recommend it for Labrys' story. It's fantastically written and well executed, so much to the point that I would actually recommend the game for that reason alone. It's really good, and the game's pretty cheap (and it'll probably get cheaper once the sequel comes out).
Agree with this wholeheartedly. It provides fantastic connection to both P3 and P4.
And in my opinion most people bought P4A for the story =)

And Satoshi, you won't regret getting a 3DS, there's so much goodness on the system that you'll have a lot to occupy you even after you finish PQ.
Well, I plan to get all SMTs, Devil Survivor, Devil Summoner and Pokemon so yea, I know I won't regret it =D

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I asked this to be Megathread... why aren't my wishes heard? xDDDDDD

I know you didn't ask me about it, but I changed it to a Megathread for you!

If you're curious though, if you click "Go Advanced" when editing your OP, you can change the prefix of your thread there. Hence, that's how one can change or add a prefix like say, the Megathread!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
On that note, favorite OPs, anyone? I'm talking about the games or the anime.

Personally, despite having been a huge fan of P4 and having played P3/P/FES years before this, this one stole my heart:
Spoiler:

It's catchy, memorable, and fits the feel of the game (which, if you haven't played Persona 1, is fantastic).

Back