• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FF&W's Flash Fiction Challenge

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Welcome to FF&W's first Flash Fiction Challenge!

What is this? What's flash fiction?

Flash fiction is a name given to short stories that are over 100 words and less than 1000 words. It's a short piece meant to be enjoyed quickly by readers.

The challenge is to write a flash fiction piece in a week based around the current prompt. Any fandom is fine for this.

Please post entries as threads in the main section and post a link in this thread. This way people can easily find your stories for this challenge. The goal is hopefully for every story posted to this challenge to be reviewed in the course of the following week after the competition closes!

Current prompt: Anything you want to write about!

You have until June 24th to post your stories. There is no prize for being the first one done, so take your time!

Please post any questions, comments, or concerns in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Participants don't have to. Right now, the only one who has to review every entry is myself, but that's only because I want to. Besides, I figure since the entries are short enough that they'll be easy to read and type up some review for them. So if anyone else wants to join in reviewing the flash fiction entries, they're more than welcomed to do so.

EDIT: Closed Door

Last edited:

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
Will get started then, as that is my usual length! I will provide an in-depth review for them all also, in a desperate attempt to stay active. Also, does the fiction have to be obviously relevant to the prompt, as I get a prompt and use it undetectably? Is there a rating limit or not (aside from normal)? As was thinking of a violent comedy/tragedy which would be T possibly M.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
The prompt has to be somewhat noticeable in your story. You don't have to actually use a reset, but the idea should be there. On the plus side, you aren't being judged for relevance of the prompt like other writing contests we have here, so even if your story doesn't fit the prompt well, it doesn't matter.

Rating is anything as long as it fits PC's rules. So your fic's rating would be fine.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
With prompts like this, the story for it has to deal with whatever the prompt is. The interpretation of the prompt is up to the author. Pretty much, whatever idea the prompt gives you, go for it.

So in this case, the word "reset" gave me the opening sentence of my fic, and I worked at it until I got more of a story idea. For you, the word "reset" gave you thoughts and ideas that made you end up with your story.

As I told chaoticlapras, this challenge doesn't really require that much relevance to the prompt. Even if your story doesn't clearly have a "reset" in it, it will still count because the prompt gave you that idea.

If this is all confusing to anyone, just keep in mind that the next flash fiction challenge (June 16th to the 22nd) will be a free-for-all, with no prompt.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I'd actually like to participate in this. But my phone is an extremely crappy one and so I won't be able to post the link to my thread in here. Is it okay if I post the name of the thread once I'm done? ;;

Also, count me in as a reviewer. My reviews will probably suck but eh, I wanna do it! ;p

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'd actually like to participate in this. But my phone is an extremely crappy one and so I won't be able to post the link to my thread in here. Is it okay if I post the name of the thread once I'm done? ;;

Also, count me in as a reviewer. My reviews will probably suck but eh, I wanna do it! ;p
Sure, and I or Astinus can always ninja-edit your post as well too. >:]

I shall try to get a entry for this (had a relevant idea), as well as some reviews too.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Entry period is closed! Thanks for participating, everyone!

In the course of the week, everyone who participated will be reviewed.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Nu-uh, it's still the 9th for me! (Besides, I had a bout of study and also bad-internets... no wait, I'm still suffering that every so often. This is the third time I've tried to post this. Alas). [Unless you meant that we have until the 9th exclusive to be done, but oh well. Better late than never!]

Anyways, here it is.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I was actually waiting for you to post your story, and ran out of patience.

It's fine. I'm not going to be a stickler about the dates, really.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Every story posted for the challenge now has some reviews!

And it's the start of the new week, so that means that there's a new Flash Fiction Challenge!

The new prompt is: free-for-all

This means that your story can be about anything. Got a little story idea you want to work out? Try it out for this! Just as long as the story fits the word count for flash fiction, which is greater than 100 and less than 1000.

You have until June 24th to post your stories.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Guess what I nearly forgot to do?

The period to get your entries in is closed! Hopefully in the upcoming week, every entry will have at least one review.

Thanks for participating!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
So gutted i missed out on this! Will there be another round of entries at any point?
Maybe down the track. Soon however (this upcoming weekend) there'll be the forum's Get Together event, and there'll be a short writing competition being run for that as usual.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
Soon however (this upcoming weekend) there'll be the forum's Get Together event, and there'll be a short writing competition being run for that as usual.

Also known as the "Small Writing Competition," "Small Writing Contest," or the lesser-used "Super Word-slinging Championship." (I wish.)

But yeah, this is one you don't want to miss out on. Always a good time. Be there or be square!

Also, welcome to the forum!

Back