• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: Pokémon Gaming Central's 30 Day Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
Day 24: What's the most annoying status effect for you?
Confused is the worst, poison is annoying too.

Day 25: What would you say is the toughest Trainer battle you've ever faced?
Only ones that come to mind are Red in G/S and Wally in R/S.

Years

The black and white battle vs Ghetsis. His Hydreigon destroyed most of my team a few times.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022

The double battle in X & Y against the Furfrou trainers. I have lost that a bunch.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years

Red at the end of the Johto games was definitely one of the hardest in-game battles that I've fought.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years

Clair usually gives me trouble because I always seemed to be 8-10 levels below her pokemon when I get to Blackthorn. Cynthia in B/W is pretty tough too.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
Day 26: What's your favorite Poké Ball type?
Dusk Ball, works well inside caves and during nighttime and has a catch rate of 3.5x
Very useful.

Years

In terms of design, the Dive Ball. However, in terms of usability it's between the Quick Ball and Dusk Ball.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I agree with most of the stuff above. Red took me about 6 years to beat (mostly because I lost the cartridge but shhh we don't talk about that...) and the rival battle was pretty tough. PWT battles were also tough. And cynthia from D/P/P.

Beast ball. I wanna farm a few hundred of these and catch me a shiny cutiefly in one (If only you could have custom pokeball starters :()

blue

gucci
Years

Standard Pokeball just for originallity. Design wise then I'd say Luxury Ball.

Years

My favourite ball would be the Dusk Ball. I like its dark esign and it's really useful in dark areas.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years

I like Quick Balls for quickly catching new Pokémon. I've yet to snag a legend with one though. xD

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022

Quick Ball. Great for post game catching low level Pokemon.

Years
The toughest battle that I actually managed to win was against Cynthia in Platinum, and I'd still rank it as my favorite battle against the CPU in any of the Pokemon games. The toughest battle overall for me probably would've been against Ghetsis in White. I was a fair bit underleveled for the fight, and I didn't have great variety in my team, so it took me about 4 or 5 tries to finally beat him.

For the longest time it was the Dusk Ball, primarily for it's 3.5x effectiveness at night (and in caves). Now that the internal clock in my 3DS is 12 hours off, I don't use them as much, since the games always think it's day when I'm playing. Now I usually turn to Premier and Luxury Balls, even if they don't give a boost while trying to catch Pokemon, I just like the way they look.

blue

gucci
Years
Day 27: What's your favorite type combination? Why?

Ghost/Dar k is a pretty cool type combination. Those types suit being paired up and they only have one weakness.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years

Either Steel/Ground or Steel/Electric...basically anything part-Steel. They mostly have great defences and a lot of resistances. Not as many as they used to unfortunately; Steel/Psychic used to be a stand-out as well but now they've lost their neutrality to Dark & Ghost. =/

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
I have no real favorite combination. The types that get me interest the most include the types Fire, Electric, Dark and Steel. So I'd say a combination of either these would be in the list.

Adding to that I'd say Dark/Fairy. It's so contradicting it's beautiful.

Years

Water/Fairy, since they are my two favourite types. Kinda helps when it has some cute Pokemon such as Azumarill, Primarina and Tapu Fini among that group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back