• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that guy [TCTI v 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years

What are you saying that's only the rough sketch (I think ><) and already I can tell it'll come out adorable ;w;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Yeah it's the sketch. xD I drew like few other sketches but didn't like 'em a-aha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

It does! it's the best gif i can find of that scene though. there was another but space and time warped around him even moreso in it. xD;

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years

TaichiWind said:
No I mean like my hand always goes off to PotLand and what was supposed to look like a triangle looks like Mt. Everest. Craggy.

The best way to combat this is to keep your line drawings fast and loose. Inking is the same, but that requires more practice. You note that if it takes you a long time to draw a line, it starts to squiggle. Also, someone once told me that their professor taught them to draw with their arms, and not with their wrists to help with that movement. I'm sure the guy was right, none of my drawing teachers ever said anything more than "draw this".

Nothing in life replaces good ol' practice, though.

Also, I knew about the smoother lines in SAI, but kind of forgot about the smudging, which is sort of neat. I ended up finishing the picture in Photoshop anyway, though. :P I wasn't trying to do anything painterly, I was just seeing what it could do.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

Quick strokes is always the way if you want unsquiggly lines, yes. :D

I pretty much never draw slowly unless I'm working out angles while sketching or keeping within lines when colouring.

Drawing digitally is great since you can pull the line quickly in a general direction, undo, try again, undo, and repeat until it looks good.

Years

Thanks for the tips, both of you! Now I have a basis for drawing a Nuzlocke comic.

I mean, another one.
But the one I'm drawing right now doesn't exactly count because it's sh*tty. And even its name reflects that. The only thing there I really put effort in are the Pokémon. And you have seen my MSPaint Nidoking. All of the humans are stick figures, save for Erika, who plays an important role in our player character's main goal, and even HE is a stick figure save for one epic team shot before the first Giovanni battle, and Giovanni plays a vital role in the plot yet he's STILL a stickman.

(My stickman construction skill level is really good though so that kinda saves me there?)

Years
Maybe I can, maybe I can't. It's more of a warm-up run, really; also a prequel to my planned run that is, in fact, in motion right now on my DS. Guess how lucky I am. I got a female timid Serene Grace Togepi from the Mystery Egg. Isn't that like the epitome of hax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back