• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friendship is Magic ~ The My Little Pony Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

DashieFactory

Vivacious Deviant
Years
A few of my Skype contacts told me that the Brony community is liking the show for the wrong reasons, and they're saying it's because of the memes like standing Lyra and Trollestia. Is this really true? Have we been liking the show for all the wrong reasons? They also don't like how it's isolating the target demographics (little girls).

I don't think we're liking the show for the wrong reasons. I do know there is a very small fraction of the community that call themselves Bronies and then just spread around obnoxious memes which doesn't exactly help us get liked or accepted. I will admit when my friend Claire told me we were going to watch MLP (this was my first time even hearing about the show, about a year ago) I laughed and said "Are you kidding me?" But then I sat down and watched it and now it's one of my favorite shows.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm part of the fandom for the show, music, animations, fanmade stories and art and, well, pretty much everything I can get my hands onto.

Welcome, Dashie! I was expecting your arrival <3

You really shoud watch Snowdrop. It's by far my favorite fanmade episode. I mean, it did made me cry at least, some people do have some "liquid pride" in them. xD

Thank you! o//o You make me feel so at home here.

I know, you guys and my Skype friend has been telling me to watch Snowdrop, which I plan to do after school today.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
A few of my Skype contacts told me that the Brony community is liking the show for the wrong reasons, and they're saying it's because of the memes like standing Lyra and Trollestia. Is this really true? Have we been liking the show for all the wrong reasons? They also don't like how it's isolating the target demographics (little girls).

Different pipz have different points of views, even if they like the same thing. :3

I like MLP, not because of those reasons.
Well, a few of them, but not entirely. :3
And besides, I believe human-obsessed Lyra and Trollestia were created just for the fun of it for other pipz to have a good laugh at. :3

Years
Username: Electro
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Fluttershy
Additional Information: I choose Fluttershy because my personality is like hers....shy and timid. I speak softly like her. I am not exactly sure what got me into MLP, but I would say it was curiosity after a fallout with my former friends. The more I watched, the more I realized about friendship and friendship is a magical thing for my life. It has taught me about friendships and I need to make new friends.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Additional Information: I choose Fluttershy because my personality is like hers....shy and timid. I speak softly like her. I am not exactly sure what got me into MLP, but I would say it was curiosity after a fallout with my former friends. The more I watched, the more I realized about friendship and friendship is a magical thing for my life. It has taught me about friendships and I need to make new friends.

Hello there and welcome to the club, electro! :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Welcome, Electro12! Glad to see a fellow Fluttershy fan here! Curiosity also got me into MLP too, as well as friends.

I do speak softly like Fluttershy as well, I have a soft voice irl, and that's only when I'm shy. When I'm all warmed up, I'm loud.

Anyways, how's everypony treating the off-season? Anyone doing pony-related things like watching the three seasons all over again or doing any creativity things like writing?

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Hey, can I join? I love My Little Pony!

Right now, I am re-watching all of the seasons from the beginning on Netflix :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hey, can I join? I love My Little Pony!

Right now, I am re-watching all of the seasons from the beginning on Netflix :3

Of course you can! Welcome aboard! What's your favorite pony?

I'm almost done with season one myself. Can't wait to watch Season 2, because most of my favorite episodes are from that season (especially Hurricane Fluttershy and the season premiere).

Will update the list shortly with all the newcomers! Apologize for the long delay~

Edit: aaaand just did! Alongside with the updated supporter colors. Lemme know if I left anyone out or made an error! Remind me to PM Raichu to transfer ownership so I don't have to keep logging on to my old account xD

Last edited:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
I can't speak for everyone, but I'm part of the fandom for the show, music, animations, fanmade stories and art and, well, pretty much everything I can get my hands onto.

Thank you! o//o You make me feel so at home here.

I know, you guys and my Skype friend has been telling me to watch Snowdrop, which I plan to do after school today.

We're much the same here. And believe me, being a fan and buying MLP products is worse than buying feminine products for your sister or mother at a local convenience store. But I hsve to stick through it, because once loved forever loved. I do sometimes look into MLP memes for the lulz and stuff. But what makes me love MLP is the overall design and the witty and catchy episodes and song numbers. I already have a ongoing fanfic of mine starring my OC pony plus lots of BG ponies. But it will be a long time before it will come alive.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I watched Double Rainboom! I loved it so much! Probably the best fan episode I've ever seen. I laughed so much and hope to see more from them.

Snowdrop was so sad, but I loved it, too. I can't wait for more fan episodes the people who make them do amazing work!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Of course you can! Welcome aboard! What's your favorite pony?

I'm almost done with season one myself. Can't wait to watch Season 2, because most of my favorite episodes are from that season (especially Hurricane Fluttershy and the season premiere).

My favorites are Fluttershy and Twilight because I can relate to them. I am very shy and soft-spoken and I am also a bookworm.

I also have a lot of favorite episodes in Season 2. I especially love It's About Time and MMMystery on the Friendship Express.

I have never watched any fanmade episodes, I have been meaning to.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I love seeing new people join the group on here, it makes me smile actually. :)

I know, same here! It makes me think that there are PC members out there that also have a love for ponies. PC is a diverse community that brings us all together depending on our interests. :3

I watched Double Rainboom! I loved it so much! Probably the best fan episode I've ever seen. I laughed so much and hope to see more from them.

Snowdrop was so sad, but I loved it, too. I can't wait for more fan episodes the people who make them do amazing work!

Agh, haven't watched it yet myself! (Double Rainboom, that is). I keep saying "OH IMMA WATCH IT LATERZ" but I don't watch it. xD IT'S LOADING ON MY TABLET NOW. so after this imma go watch.

My favorites are Fluttershy and Twilight because I can relate to them. I am very shy and soft-spoken and I am also a bookworm.

I also have a lot of favorite episodes in Season 2. I especially love It's About Time and MMMystery on the Friendship Express.

I have never watched any fanmade episodes, I have been meaning to.

Those two are my favorite alongside Rarity! I am also a shy person and I am an extreme organizer, as well as a bookworm. :3

I highly recommended you to watch the fanmade episodes. The two popular ones, Snowdrop and Double Rainboom, are really really good and well-made. Whenever you're bored and need your daily dose of ponies, go on youtube and search for those! :3

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I will definitely check them out sometime!

I need to catch up on some of the episodes I missed in Season 3.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Hmm..just wondering if anyone knows, when is Season 4 going to be released? I really can't wait for it! Like, REALLY!

I've just watched the Double Rainboom episode!

IT WAS AWESOME.

Oh, and the Snowdrop episode too. :'(

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Season 4 = Winter 2013/2014 (more likely 2014). That will be on the first post. :)

By the way, Starting from this post on, the "Spoilers" rule on the first page will be lifted. Meaning you may now discuss episode details without the need for them. :D You may use them still, but it is no longer required.

However, I'm still going to use one more. :P

OH OH GUYS I watched Double Rainboom yesterday. :D

Spoiler:

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
OH OH GUYS I watched Double Rainboom yesterday. :D

Spoiler:

I loved it as well, its sad some of the guys over at DidYouKnowGaming bashed the tar out of it on their one sister site. :(

Regardless of that, I loved the entire episode and am happy they got to do this.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
A little bit of variety won't hurt you know. Who would knew PPG and MLP had something in common? Aside from the fact that Tara Strong both voice acted on one of the PPG and Twilight.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
So I read from EqD that the brony community was mentioned in SNL and a commercial for an obscure company. They all seem to view us in a negative way and didn't do the research on us in general.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Yep already watched that. Well, we have to accept the fact that us bronies will still be shunned from the society in this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back