• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
The hunger isn't the point, I found. They whine a bit about being hungry and whatnot, but the point of it is to see how the group reacts and manipulates each other and what they'll do to win. Kind of like Big Brother only way nastier.

Years
The only surviver-esque tv show I actually liked/watched was I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! mainly because of how ridiculous it was. (and Sanjaya/Janice Dickinson were hilarious from what I remember)

Have you guys ever seen that show before?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Omfg. I LOVE that show so much! Although in recent years they've been using less and less interesting celebrities to the point where the people that go into it aren't really celebs at all. But it's still funny seeing how much the public picks on one single person who always freaks out over the trials.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Yeah I thought it was long gone too. I remember hearing about it a few years back, I had no idea it was still a thing haha.

Nihilego

Years
Wait...that show still exists?

Oh. (I just figured it got canceled after the first or second season XD)

I'm... pretty certain they still show it in England every year. I could be wrong but I seem to remember it still being on annually here.

Years
Ohhhhh, I understand now! After some intense browsing (one or two clicks) on Wikipedia, I discovered there are two I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! shows, one in England and one in America. The one in America was cancelled after the second season, but the one in England is still going strong.

*I feel so well-informed!*

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
When did Culture and Media become General Entertainment? O_O

So PokéCommunity is selling out now.

Weeeeee do we get like free coupons or something

I don't feel like they are. Though if there was a free coupon that paid for a copy of Black2 or White2, I'd take it right away.

Nihilego

Years
Sarcasm on the internet, Andy. Sarcasm on the internet.

So let's talk about, uh, General Entertainment. God that sounds awful...

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
It was not clear that a subforum on a Pokemon forum was not bought by a major, world-wide super store.

Yeah I dislike General Entertainment as well. Culture & Media sounded more refined.

droomph

weeb
Years
I can imagine posh British classy people drinkin tea and discussing Culture and Media, but when I hear General Entertainment I think of spastic American children being beaten by their fat redneck parents talking about Nicki Minaj and Snooki.

It was not clear that a subforum on a Pokemon forum was not bought by a major, world-wide super store.

Ya never know...ya never know.

Last edited:

Hagumi

For a sick boy
Years
So then guys, what's everyone watching/planning to watch this season? Any series you're looking particularly forward to? First episode impressions?

As for me, I'm watching, K, Robotics;Notes, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Magi, Shinsekai yori, Sukitte Ii na yo., Little Busters! and Psycho-Pass.

Out the ones I've watched so far (everything except Robotics;Notes, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and Psycho-Pass), I can honestly say I've enjoyed every first episode. I think K may have been my favourite, but Magi is a close second. Shinsekai yori looks promising, despite the fact I'm not a huge fan of the plot. I liked Little Busters! and Sukitte Ii na yo. - it's been a while since I've read the Sukitte manga so I can't really remember if there were any major differences between the anime and manga, but regardless, I still liked it. As for Little Busters!, I'm afraid to say I've never played the visual novel (I'll probably get around to it oneday though) so I have no idea if the anime has greatly differed from the novel.

Nihilego

Years
It's a better name probably - although perhaps even more, well, general than before which makes where stuff goes all that much more confusing. But regardless it'll just take a bit of getting used to.

when I hear General Entertainment I think of spastic American children being beaten by their fat redneck parents talking about Nicki Minaj and Snooki.

...you're gonna have to elaborate here haha.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I can imagine posh British classy people drinkin tea and discussing Culture and Media, but when I hear General Entertainment I think of spastic American children being beaten by their fat redneck parents talking about Nicki Minaj and Snooki.

you know
sometimes droomph
just sometimes
i really don't understand you

I just liked typing out C&M, I suppose. To me, it will always have a nicer ring to than GE (the complete opposite of what Jon said to me). GE always makes me think of genetic engineering and that's not what I come to PC for!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back