• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
Allora ~ Unknown Battle Field​

Allora's eyes were glued to the menacing Swampert as he reared back for an attack. The Pokémon spewed a large amount of mud from its mouth aiming it right for her. Allora knew she wasn't going to be able to dodge all of it so she braced for the impact. Just then Paladin positioned himself in front of her and crouched down, taking the attack instead of her. "Thank you!" Allora watched as Paladin strode towards the Swampert. She could tell her friend was obviously angry at the Pokémon for attacking her. The Swampert readied a Water Gun, which Paladin swatted away with his arm and sustained some damage from the weak attack. When he finally reached the Swampert, he began battering it with Shadow Punches to the face. The Pokémon tried to fight back using Take Down, but Paladin was already on top of him before he could. Paladin finished the fight with a well-aimed Hammer Arm to his opponent's neck, snapping it instantly. 'His power is enormous….' Allora thought as she watched the fight. Admiration for her partner as well as a little fear struck her as she watched him easily dispose of the Swampert.

A nearby Pidgeotto saw the distracted Allora and dive bombed her, nailing her in the side with a Wing Attack. The attack knocked her back a few feet as the Pidgeotto circled around for another attack. "Damn it! Focus Allora! This is life or death!" Allora growled as she got back on her feet. She watched as the Pidgeotto got in range for another Wing Attack. As the Pokemon dived again, Allora stood her ground, waiting for it to get closer. Once the Pidgeotto was within a few yards of her, Allora sent out a Dark Pulse. The Pokemon flapped wildly as it tried to dodge the attack but wasn't fast enough. The attack clipped the Pidgeotto's wing causing it to crash, face first, into the ground at Allora's feet. "I am sorry. Forgive me." Allora whispered to the injured Pidgeotto before using a Psyshock to snap its neck. Allora took a second to look around for Paladin, to make sure he was alright, seeing that he was now fighting an Electivire by the group.

Deciding it was best to help the group, Allora turned to the Liligant. "Come on. We have to help them!" she said before sprinting off into the chaos. Allora's next target was that of Mothim who was getting ready to poison the entire group. Sneaking up behind the Pokemon, Allora quickly dispatched him using a Heat Wave. Burning him to a crisp before his body landed with a slight thud.

Nomsammich

The Cleric!
Years
Astrid - Unknown Battle Field

Astrid stood, stunned, at the unfurling madness before her. It had been almost three years since she last faced another Pokemon in a death battle. She didn't know whether to be scared or pumped for the fight. Astrid watched as the Golurk, her new ally, took a blow for the fellow Nine-Tails, most likely his partner. The Golurk made its way for the Swampert that had started its assault on the Nine-Tails. After many blows of Shadow Punch the Swampert fell, dead, with a snapped neck.

The cries of a Pidgeotto were heard above. The cry sent a shiver up Astrid's back; flying types were her worst enemy. Just the cry of the avians made her want to cringe, run and hide from fear. To her luck the birds sights were aimed elsewhere, to the Nine-Tails. The Pidgeotto dived on her and nailed her in the side with a Wing Attack. Astrid clasps her vine-like hands around her mouth, muffling a gasp. When the Pidgeotto came 'round for another attack it was blasted by a Dark Pulse, emitted from the Nine-Tails. It came down flapping and failing with an injured wing. The Nine-Tails ended it's life, after muttering something to it, with a Psyshock.

This all happened mere inches away from Astrid. She was stuck, stunned and dazzled by the display of strength and brutality of the others, almost envious. The Nine-Tails looked to Astrid and told the Lilligant to follow her before taking off into the madness. Astrid ran to follow through the narrow opening of fighting Pokemon. The path was cut off by a Krokorok, a ground type alligator. The reptile grinned menacingly at Astrid as if spelling out her death. Being separated from what she would like to call her team, she was alone.

The Krokorok moved swiftly. It snapped at her in a Crunch. Astrid moved quick, jumping to the right to evade the attack. Seeing a opening she went for a, lightly channeled, Energy Ball. Being as it wasn't channeled to full power the Energy Ball did little damage, only enough to annoy the reptile Pokemon. It came at her, full force, with another Crunch. She stumbled to the left barely dodging the move. Another opening was seen on the smaller Pokemon. Astrid opened up with a Double Slap; she kept up the assault into the Krokorok was worn out. The three foot reptile was leaned over holding its side, which was bruised and battered from the fiercity of the barrage of Double Slaps. Astrid leaped in the air, her cherry red flower that top her head opened up releasing a torrent of pink petals. The Petal Dance was a deadly whirl to the Krokorok as it approached him at a dangerous pace. The sharp petals tore through the weakened skin on the side of the Krokorok. The petals slashed at the skin causing it to rapture and burst. The Krokorok collapsed on the dusty floor, its own blood pooling beneath it.

Once recovered from the ordeal of her battle Astrid scanned the bobbing heads of the conflicting Pokemon, looking from the Nine-Tails and Golurk.

Years
Levina ~ Cape City

Levina rolled her eyes annoyed as she looked upon the city opening that lay before her. A Kabutops and Carracosta guarded the entrance and looked uptight for just having guard duty. 'More and more Ancients. These Pokemon get on my nerves….the worthless pawns.' With a heavy sigh, Levina strolled up to them and proceeded to try and walk through the gate. Making an obvious attempt at ignoring the two Ancients who now blocked her path. "Oh come on boys. I'm not in the mood for this. Just get out of the way." She groaned becoming even more annoyed. The Carracosta started shooting all sorts of questions at Levina as she spaced off, trying to look around the two bigger Pokemon. Something about her being a Gold Tribe member and orders to do something and an Earthquake. Levina didn't really care what these two were blabbing about. "Alright I'm tired of this." In a blink of an eye, Levina shocked the two Ancients with a Thunder; making sure they were toasty before stopping. "Whoops, looks like I killed them…..oh well." With a shrug Levina continued her way into the city.

The citizens were in a buzz, as they scattered throughout the street, talking about a flying Pokemon and a dead Ancient. "Sounds like someone is having some fun hehe." Levina giggled to herself as she walked down the street, shocking any Pokemon that came close to her. As she walked deeper into the city, the excited buzz turned to screams as the citizens ran from a wave of Ancients who were raiding every nook and cranny. Levina growled annoyed as she darted into an alley and away from the wave of Pokemon. 'I am not dealing with those numskulls again.' As she wondered the streets, Levina came across a group of Ancients surrounding a small group of citizens. In front of them was a tied up Mismagius and behind her was another small group of Pokemon who the Ancients seemed to avoid. 'This looks like an interesting show.' Levina chuckled as she made her way on top of a roof to get a better view.

Laying down, Levina watched as a gruff Sableye stepped forward to address the crowd. "Kehehe, Citizens of Cape City... welcome to our demonstration! Kehehe. I advise you all to look at the traitor at all times... if I spot any of you looking away..." A toxic, purple gas emanated from the Sableye's hand. "Kehehe... well... you'll be smart enough to not want to find out..." he said. He then turned to the Mismagius and smirked. "Now then... we're under the suspicion that you assisted an intruder earlier. Tell us his name, species, and his purpose for coming here in the first place. You'll also tell us what you know about the Gold Tribe's current plan. If not, then you'll tell me anyways. I assure you." The Sableye said with a snicker.

"Well…well….I managed to find the Silver Tribe already. Hmpf." Levina scoffed to herself. "I will tell you NOTHING!" The Mismagius screamed, struggling to break free from her bonds, before slowly going silent. The silence broken by a soft chuckle coming from the prisoner. Quickly, the Mismagius's chuckle turned into an almost hysterical laugh before subsided into a grin. "I think, citizens of Cape City, that Snype here is wise to tell you to keep looking. Look at me, and you look at your fate! If these monsters stay in control, you will all one day end up like me!" she shouted at them. 'Well now…this is getting good.' Levina got up and sat as her attention was drawn into the events taking place below her. The Sableye, known as Snype, smirked as the prisoner said she wouldn't say a word and ended up laughing. "Oh please, you don't seem to understand. They're about to end up like you." he said with a sinister chuckle.

Instantly the sinister Pokemon turned to a small family in the crowd and used Toxic on the mother. The other citizens tried to scatter but where blocked by a wall of Ancients. "Kehehe... you see Veletra, you hold the fate of everyone gathered around here. It really starts to beg the question of who will be the bigger villain here? Me for holding you here? Or you? For refusing to cooperate and causing the loss of several loved ones in the many families gathered here today... kehehe... you don't have to tell us a thing. I'll just continue to poison and burn everyone here. If we run out? I'll find more. Kehehe... I think I hear the sound of your conscience screaming! What's it gonna be?" Snype said with a large piercing smile. He then turned to the crowd. "I know you saw the intruder around here! You're all free to speak for her as well! Otherwise we can continue playing the silent game! Either way, I win." Snype taunted.

Levina smirked as she watched the horrify event unfold in front of her. "Alright! Okay! I'll tell you," Veletra wailed as she started to cry at the sight of the Raichu. "His name is Tunar. Tunar Sylvester. He's a Flygon, and he is of the Gold Tribe, but he was separated from the main group. He came here looking for them. Just...please, give that Raichu a few Pecha Berries!" Snype simply snickered. "A Flygon huh? Kehehe. Was it necessary to dig a tunnel to help him escape? Kehehe... whatever. Sounds believable enough. Kehehe... I'm sure there's more you can tell us. That Flygon didn't escape by flight. We'd have seen it. How did he get out?" Snype asked snapping his fingers. "Send a group of Ancients to investigate her home! Check her "garden" mostly. She was hiding back there for some reason. She mentioned something about a Digglet. Lie or not, I want that garden checked." he commanded. "It's either gonna be you, the citizens here, or we'll just find it ourselves. The longer you take, the more I kill." Snype said, still keeping his large smile.

"You monster! She's dead!" Veletra screamed pointlessly before finally giving in. "We...We knew you would be watching the sky, so I asked my friends Diglett and Dugtrio to..." she stuttered, "to create an entirely new tunnel in the tunnels beneath us, one leading away from Cape," she said. She took a moment to shed some tears for the fallen Raichu, and continued to lie. "He's far away by now, so you can call off this stupid little search!" "Kehehe, see? That wasn't so hard was it? The Sableye said, "You've done a good service for the silver tribe. And you'll be properly awarded..." He put a hand on her cheek and placed it under her chin, quickly a poisonous gas emerged from his hands to poison her as well. "Imprison her. We got what we need." Snype said with a sinister laugh.

"Well that was entertaining for a while." Levina mumbled as she arched her back, like a black cat, stretching. Just then another Pokemon caught her attention. Levina watched as this Pokemon oddly and slowly walked up to a group of Ancients. 'What is she up to? She must be stupid if she thinks she can take on that group of Ancients by herself.' She thought. Her attention was drawn away from this odd Pokemon for a second when the slight ping of a dagger reached her ears. It had landed in front of the Mienshao, who picked it up and unraveled what appeared to be a note. "Someone's idea of a joke? Because if so, it's in poor taste and definitely to the wrong Pokemon." The Mienshao stated as he showed the note to the others around him.

Shortly after, explosions rang throughout the air and shook the ground. A huge grin appeared on Levina's face as she quickly searched for the sources of the explosions; the lust for battle slowly creeping up on her. Ignoring the actions of her new comrades, Levina jumped down from the roof and sprinted around the side streets looking for someone to battle. She searched for a few blocks but could only find terrified civilians and confused Ancients. This annoyed her even more as she cursed under her breath.

Levina made her way back to the group of Sentinels when her ears picked up something she found interesting. "………I'd rather not waste time with the citizens as much as I'd love to kill them all here. We have more important matters. The ancients can deal with them how they please if they wish. Make it a game if you will! Scatter them around and see who can kill the most!" It came from the Sableye who put on the display earlier. "Don't mind if I do hehe." Levina giggled to herself as she started electrocuting passing citizens while she approached the group. Her childish actions amused her as she jumped a little to the side to hit another passing civilian before returning to the group. "Aww everyone is gone now……" Levina sighed as she sat, bummed that her game came to an end so quickly. "So are you guys Sentinels?" Her gaze shifted to each member of the group before stopping on the Mienshao.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Lair of the Madman

Zane was bewildered at the events transpiring in front of him. After they were all teleported away, he found himself in a large room with all of his other Gold Tribe members facing off a larger group of Pokemon, which Zane was able to guess were under the employment of the Madman. But what he didn't understand was the Pokemon who sat on the throne. Penance "Defender" Malum, the Gold Tribe member they had been looking for, appeared to be leading them. Zane was in shock, and even more so when the Golduck proclaimed them to have to answer for the Silver Tribe's actions. Everything slowly began to go to hell around him, making Zane begin to question whether his brother had completely lost it now. With all of them prepared to attack, he had no choice but to retaliate. But this madness had to end.

The Gold Tribe began to engage with these affiliates, each of them clashing with others. They had the numbers on their side, but the Gold Tribe usually had the advantage in skill. Zane began to engage with an Ursaring, who ran at him, slashing away, intent on turning Zane's body inside out. He quickly rolled to the side to evade the attack, landing less than a foot away, and thus narrowly dodging the attack. But as chance would have it, the close positioning he was in allowed for him to land a deadly hit to the side of the Ursaring, Zane exerting all of his strength to land a successful Night Slash on its ribs. The hit would have torn an Ancient in half should he have landed it on one of them. But to Zane's surprise, the wound, although opening his skin, and probably breaking a rib or two, was not enough to deter the Pokemon, who roared with anger and jumped at the Bisharp, trying to Body Slam it. Again, Zane used his smaller, lighter, and swifter body to avoid the attack, again being narrowly. He countered at the Ursaring with a clash of his own head with Zane's, the successful Iron Head, meeting the Ursaring's skull, and causing it to make a large crack noise. The Pokemon did not get up again after that, but as Zane looked down upon the beast, he could tell they weren't any regular footsoldiers. They were well trained, and able to take a lot of pain. Perhaps not Gold Tribe trained, but close.

Zane quickly got back into the action again, staring down a Raticate as he prepared his move against him. The two were locked in a momentary standstill, until the Pokemon made his move against Zane, trying to hit fast with a quick attack. It was impressive speed, and that was saying something coming from him, as he had seen his fair share of quick Pokemon. However, the move was a bit predictable: speed up, trying to turn the corner and hope the swift attack gets the opponent confused enough to not see an attack coming from behind. He had dealt with plenty of those, and was able to counter with a no-fail Aerial Ace, hitting his target with precision and accuracy, the Raticate falling dead in seconds.

Zane looked back up at the action around him, everyone seeming to be able to handle themselves well enough. These Pokemon were tough, true. But tough as they were, the fact of the matter is there were few Pokemon in Valkaria that could take on a group of Gold Tribe members pound for pound and emerge victorious. Though they still made up with it with superior numbers. He took notice of the three newcomers in the group. He noted before that they were all Gold Tribe as well. Zane assumed for now the three of them were traveling together for a while, or found each other at one point. Wherever they came from, they seemed to be fairing well, as was expected. Zane saw each of them fighting, taking notice of the tactics employed. He observed the oddly colored Ninetales, and then the Lilligant, before his eyes traveled to the strange-looking Golurk. Zane once knew a Golurk, also of the tribe. It was a long time ago, before the battle. He never knew what fate became of him. In fact, if this one didn't have its skin mutation, he would look just like...

Zane snapped to just as a Sandshrew jumped out in front of him, slashing at his torso. Because of the distraction, the attack hit, scraping at his chest, drawing blood. Thankfully, Zane had retracted himself far enough as to avoid a serious injury. In a swift motion, he retaliated, elbowing the Pokemon with his sharp ends, before finishing him on the back of the neck with a deadly Night Slash. Zane looked up as he noticed TrueStriker attempt a strike at Defender, but couldn't follow through at the last moment. He also noticed Blitzkrieg engage with the unstable Golduck he once called brother.

"Penance!" Zane shouted at him from his position. "Stop this madness! Why are you doing this? You attack us and call us criminals! For the acts of the Silver Tribe?! You know that we are not responsible for that. We're trying to save The Alpha Alliance! Have you truly lost your mind?"

Making his way over to assist his fellow tribesman, Zane ran forward, knowing the only way this was all going to stop was to subdue the one they called the Madman, the one Zane used to call Defender. Whatever would become of them now, he was certain of one thing: He would never use his title to address him ever again.

***​

Cape City

Scar had to agree with Genevieve. With everything that had occurred around this time period, it all seemed to coincidental to be chance. "A kill-all order..." Scar repeated, mulling over the option. The suggestion was truly enticing. Pokemon around Cape were large in number, and rising daily as more refugees poured in. It was a boiling pot now, and it was likely to burst at any moment. Exterminating them now would be wise, as the message sent would be so drastic, none would ever attempt something of this nature again.

Yet he would expect that the Gold Tribe would know about this, so he wondered why they would go about this whole charade in the first place. If he knew them like he did, this didn't seem to add up. It was far too secretive, and far too dangerous for the lives of citizens. He knew how much the Gold Tribe didn't wish to put any of them in harms way. It was a reason why Cape City stood in their hands as long as it did. Any direct attack would result in too many casualties for the other side, an unacceptable amount.

Snype voiced his opinion, and Scar also took his position into consideration. As he mulled the options, he spoke back to the both of them. "Whatever we do, there are a few things we need to find out: First, who is behind these attacks, and how do we stop them. I do agree, it may be possible that this has something to do with the Gold Tribe. And yet...I feel perhaps not. These attacks are too reckless for their kind. No, I think we're dealing with a more fanatical group. Though I am unsure at this time..." Placing a claw upon his chin, he thought for a moment before he spoke once more, addressing the Sentinels, "The problem with a kill all order, dear Genevieve, is this: Once it is issued, it cannot be stopped. And once that happens, news of it will spread like wildfire. If the Gold Tribe aren't involved now, they most certainly will be then. And not just them. The Alpha Alliance army will come too. Of this I am sure. The fact that our city hosts so many of their citizens is a reason they have waited so long to come for us in the first place."

Scar began to pace back and forth as he apparently continued to debate the options present. "But...would bringing upon the wrath of the Alpha Alliance really be that bad of an idea in the first place? I mean, we have the numbers. Certainly we have the advantage of fortifications. We have most o f the Sentinels here in the city now. If we bait them now, this could be it. We could end it all in one glorious, bloody massacre of a battle."

Scar stopped pacing, and faced the Sentinels, first turning to Deluge, and then to Genevieve, followed by Snype. "With this in mind, what do you elect we should do? Sure, we can hunt these rebels down now, wherever they may be. We can empty our streets now and bring this all back to order. We can simply start killing all of the citizens, the effect of which would probably bring about a chain of events. Or...we can wait and see. I am impartial to any option at the moment, so I leave the decision up to you. But whatever path we do choose, this rebellion ends now. Wherever they are hiding, we will flush them out. By any means."

As Scar awaited a reply from the other Sentinels, he picked up another voice, which approached them from the side street. A Jolteon. Unknown was this Pokemon to him, and from his already sour mood because of all that had occurred around, he wasn't in a very talkative mood. "You know of us, and yet you approach us and speak to us so freely as if you have been given that right." Scar positioned his body to prepare a strike upon the newcomer, already weary of the day's surprises, and not in the mood for any others. "If you are so eager for a death wish, I will gladly oblige."

Years
Levina ~ Cape City​

Levina watched the group as the Meinshao addressed her. "You know of us, and yet you approach us and speak to us so freely as if you have been given that right." He positioned his body to prepare an attack on her. "If you are so eager for a death wish, I will gladly oblige." Levina rolled her eyes annoyed and gave the eager Meinshao a look that said you've got to be kidding me. "Don't get your fur in a bunch twinkle toes. I'm here on orders." Levina took off the small backpack that adorned her back and dug through it, taking out a small envelope that had a seal on the back of it. Static electricity faintly crackled from the letter as she gave it a fling towards the Meinshao. "Here catch!" Levina then proceeded to return her backpack on her back. "It's from some guy named Auron. Something about me being a Sentinel because of my fighting in Shine City and Gravel City. I was told to come help you guys with something. I don't really know. Wasn't paying too much attention. I was more focused on the fact that I get to slaughter Gold Tribe members hehe." She chuckled and smirked turning her attention to the Sableye. "I enjoyed the performance by the way. I take it the prisoner is suffering as we speak?"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype snickered at the newcomer. He liked her already! She had pretty good taste in terms of killing. Turns out that she was a new sentinel. That meant that Snype was no longer the newest, meaning he could pick on the newbie a bit! Snype approached the new Sentinel and gave off a large grin.

"Kehe, of course. She's poisoned at the moment and probobly passed out. I picture she'll be out of her hair either way. Even if she does escape, she'll die beforehand either way." Snype said. Now back to the matter at hand. Scar mentioned two possible courses of action they could take. He figured the final decision would be upon Auron though. He was running this whole thing after all... As much as Snype wanted to kill everyone, he had to be smart about this sort of thing.

"Kill all the citizens and that means you'll have a rebelion and the Gold Tribe to face. I'd fear we'd be outnumbered if the groups ended up having an alliance. Who knows what they're up to. I still say we do what we can to stop the rebelion though. Scare them enough so that they don't try something like this again. But lets be smart about it. Kehehe... we'll end it all in one grand battle when the time is right. Feels a bit early for that if you ask me." Snype said.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
"I cannot endorse a kill all order," Sovereign said, finally joining the conversation. "Killing ruthlessly on the battlefield is one thing, but we can't just kill an entire city." Sovereign found it difficult to speak in contrast of Genevieve, but this was a step too far. Sovereign himself had never even partaken of torturing victims in the torture houses. "What good is a kingdom if all the citizens are dead? There is no honor to be had in such an action, and many of them wouldn't even be able to defend themselves." Sovereign mulled over the situation in his head. "Why not stage an execution?" Vera suggested. "Pick a group of individuals we know are not responsible, and put them under the blade. Whoever is behind this is sure to reveal themselves in the face of losing innocents. Those heroic types love opportunities like that. And it would serve the dual purpose of striking fear into the masses, as Snype suggested." Sovereign smiled. He could always count on her to come up with a plan, even if he couldn't. "Yes," said Sovereign, "that sounds like an excellent idea..."

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Paladin
Madman's Battlefield

Paladin was done. He was subtle and discreet by nature, although he often failed in being so due to his large size and overly notable features, he tried as best he could. Because of this, every fiber of his being was telling him to stop this pointless fighting and find a way out of here. He hadn't come here for this, and while he did foresee most of the problems that had arisen thus far, he certainly didn't imagine ending up here. He'd been alone for over a year now, and suddenly, in one day, he is reunited with the Gold Tribe. While he should have overjoyed, he found himself feeling more angry and irritated than he had expected. He didn't enjoy killing, but he had to do so several times over the course of this day. He simply refused to take part in this sick little game any longer. When he glanced at the owner of the demented mind that had planned all of this, the Golduck sitting in his throne, he noticed a Gallade behind him. The psychic fighter appeared hesitant to kill the evildoer, though he could have easily done so in one fell swoop by the looks of him. The green Salamence next to him was also somewhat hesitant, though he seemed more willing to kill the Pokemon than the Gallade was. This made Golurk wonder if they knew this Pokemon. The fact that they wouldn't kill him surprised Paladin, after what the nefarious Golduck had done to them all. For a moment, Paladin wondered if perhaps he should take it into his own hands to kill this evildoer himself, but decided against it. 'Enough killing for one day,' he thought to himself.

Paladin's next objective was to find a way out. Doing his best to avoid the fighting Pokemon, Paladin made his way back to Allora, his partner. "We have to get out of here," he said sternly. Unfortunately, he didn't know how. The walls were made from a weaker form of concrete, but he sensed that they were over 20 inches thick, which he couldn't break through without causing a ruckus. No, he had to use a more silent approach, which would be somewhat hard because of his big size and the ongoing chaos around him. He scanned the room closely, inspecting all the walls, and even the ceiling. His initial thought on the ceiling was that it was stronger than the walls, but much less thick. It would be hard, but if he could build enough momentum while flying to break through, he would be out of there soon. However, he noticed that there were many Flying types in the room, some of which looked quite fast, that could catch up to him in a matter of seconds if he flew away. Plus, if he tried to take Allora and the Lilligant with him, they would receive a nasty blow from the break through the ceiling. Besides, that wouldn't exactly be subtle either.

Paladin continued his examination of the room, looking for any nook or cranny that Allora could possibly fit her slim frame through. If he could not escape, he at least could ensure her safety. However, he was suddenly knocked from his feet by an immense force of power. The impact with whatever had hit him propelled him backwards almost ten feet, before the giant Golurk came crashing down on the ground. Dazed and confused, Paladin rose, wondering what in Arceus's name could have hit him of all people so hard.

What he found in front of him was massive, intimidating, and looked so much like him that he felt like he was looking into a mirror, skin deformities aside. The Pokemon that had used Giga Impact on him was Golurk. This Golurk was normal looking, apart from various scars he had on his arms and chest. His seal was complete, though tattered and worn out. "You ain't goin' nowhere, brother," the Golurk stated, the glare of his malformed eyes was directed straight at Paladin's own, similarly shaped eyes, which made Paladin feel unnerved, which was rare for one such as him. Since his awakening in the Wastes of Will, Paladin had not met another living Golurk. Ever. This was his first encounter with one such as himself, and it both excited and terrified him. 'That's a new feeling,' he thought, as he shook off the damage done to him. Still, he could feel a terrible ache where he had been struck.

"I don't want to kill you, Golurk, I just want my freedom," Paladin plead. This time, though, he wasn't sure if he could beat his opponent. The Golurk in front of him laughed a hearty laugh, as if he was truly amused by his brother's words. "Sorry, friend, but I ain't leavin' without my share of blood, and you're the only blood in here worthy of being spilled by me," the Golurk said. "By the way, I got a name. It's Jeb."

"So be it, Jeb," Paladin said finally, as he took a battle stance and prepared for Jeb's attack. The unrelenting fellow Golurk attacked him with a Shadow Punch, which Paladin narrowly managed to evade. Paladin moved to Jeb's side and hit him with his own Shadow Punch, causing Jeb to stumble a few steps back. He soon came to his senses, however, and came at Paladin with a full force Zen Heabutt, striking him right in the chest. Paladin felt his seal weaken from the blow, and was forced backwards by Jeb's attack. However, while Jeb had his head to Paladin's chest, the Gold Triber managed to take advantage of the opportunity and grab Jeb in a headlock. Paladin's opponent struggled while Paladin himself attempted to keep his grip as firm as possible, though it was difficult because of Jeb's ferocity. Paladin clobbered the head he had gripped with Shadow Punches repeatedly. He wanted to use Hammer Arm, but knew it would have no effect on his Ghost typed opponent.

Paladin eventually couldn't keep Jeb in his grasp anymore, and the moment he got loose, Jeb came at Paladin with two Shadow Punches directly to the face. Paladin took a step back and went back at him with his own Shadow Punch, but Jeb dodged it more swiftly than he should have been able to. With a shock, Paladin realized that Jeb had used Rock Polish while he was ensnared in his grip. This rendered his opponent much faster than him, which was a huge disadvantage. Jeb was quickly able to hit Paladin square in his seal as he turned around to face him, propelling Paladin backwards again. Jeb approached him quickly, and tried a Giga Impact. Paladin tried to defend himself, but was too slow, and was knocked backwards ten feet. The giant Golurk landed on an unfortunate Watchog, squishing him to the point where his ribs cracked. With quite some difficulty, Paladin rose once again, facing his tough opponent. Jeb cracked his knuckles and let out a gruff chuckle. "You don't give up, do you?" he crackled.

No. Paladin was not going to lose to this menace. His friends depended on him to find a way out. He could not be defeated now, without knowing anything of his past. Paladin's heartbeat raced, and for the first time in the last few hours, he noticed the drumbeat again. 'Dum, dum, dum, dum,' in his mind, over and over, getting faster as his rage built up. Then, without warning, Paladin let out a deafening shout. "RAAAAAAAAGH!" he screamed. Both his eyes began to blacken, and his sight was filled with red. The last sliver of his logical mind realized what was happening before it faded away in a sea of hate. He was letting his inner power take him over. Though he could not see it, his darker side was slowly overtaking his lighter one, until his entire being was a sickly grey. This had never happened before on this level, probably because back then Paladin had nothing to lose. Now he had Allora, Zed, and the Gold Tribe. He was not going to die, even if it meant letting his darkness overtake him.

The dark Paladin retracted his hands and legs, putting himself into his flying position. By now, Jeb stood stunned where he was, not able to comprehend what had just happened. Paladin then began to fly at his fellow Golurk at an awesome speed, crashing into him in mere seconds. Dark Paladin then wrapped his arms around Jeb, carrying him upwards with him. The two went spiraling towards the ceiling. "No, no, no, no, noooo!" were Jeb's last words, before the two Golurk crashed into the hard ceiling. As expected, the ceiling did not break, but the dark Paladin had created a large crack in its surface. Jeb and Paladin began their descent to the ground. Even from so high up, it was apparent that Jeb was dead, his arms and chest were crushed beyond repair, and his head had a large crack down the middle, exposing the energies within him that were fading away. Paladin, however, began to revert back to normal, or at least, his version of normal. The darkness retreated back to one side of his body, revealing his normal coloration on the other. Paladin's last conscious thought was:

'What have I done?'

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance 'Madman' Malum - His Throne Room.... or is it?

Penance smirked as he saw the various Gold Tribe members act. Yes... it was unique to say the least. He watched keenly as they all reacted the same way... or at least most of them. Battle instincts kicked in and it truly showed as Vigil went for a few of the attacking pokemon, taking down an Ursaring quite easily and using his form to dodge any attack attempting to hit him. The Salamance that was a different color from Bloodthirster was causing a lot of chaos. He had a temper as evidenced by using his attacks to quickly use the cauldron of boiling water against the pokemon on the field to cause burns and disorientation among them, yet at the same time he didn't attack the Golduck at the throne. He just flew next to Truestriker. Interesting, very interesting. Truestriker himself didn't show any force toward the enemy in front of him either. He did send out an attack, but it was more along to scare the Golduck instead of harm him... yet again showing Penance a bit more of what he had already thought.

While the others he had traveled with fought among the group he could also see that the Salamance wasn't the only latest edition that the group had picked up. There was a Ninetails that was cleaving through her victims. She easily downed a Machop, Mothim, and Pidgeotto, yet when a Swampert was about to attack her a Golurk had stepped up to defend her, taking the attack for her even though he himself was weak to it. Once more very interesting to Penance. It seemed this Golurk was trying to protect the fire type and from what Ramsley had told him... yes... those two shared quite a bond. It was a shame he had found out so early though, he liked unraveling mysteries by himself, but Ramsley was Ramsley, what could you do?

The Golurk was a powerhouse naturally. He managed to take down the Swampert and an Electivire, though Penance didn't give him as much credit fro the Electivire though it was a type advantage after all. And then... more interesting things happened. Yes, he was interesting indeed. One other pokemon that did catch his eye though was a Lilligant that seemed to cower among the fighting. He could tell that she didn't want to fight... but yet there she went and killed a Koroark, but only in self-defense. Another interesting case from a typical run of the mill Goldy. That was always good.

Finally... there were the others. Hoodhide, Bloodthirster, Sword and Shield, Gallant, Dryad, The Swift, The Healer, The Prince of Light, and an Alakazam... ah! The Alakazam from the library... hehe. Well, that was quite unique now wasn't it? Never left before and now here, that just proved times were desperate didn't it? Yes, desperate times led to desperate measures, which is why this had to happen.

As Zane rushed to 'Penance' however the Golduck smirked at him and... vanished. The moment Zane touched him it seemed that the Golduck just disappeared into air. Suddenly a voice spoke up. "Well... that is it isn't it? I must admit, this taught me a lot." At once the pokemon the Gold Tribe had been fighting vanished. Blood, bones, the cauldron itself, all vanished. Even the throne disappeared. For those that looked up they would see a crossbeam going across the room and sitting right on it was a Golduck with an Abra sitting next to him. "Though I must say that was a unique performance and I have labels." He got up and stretched his back, "I was wondering when you all would get here, though, I was expecting a different entrance. Of course it helps to always have a plan." He stated as he walked along the beam, eying them down below.

"The funny thing? Illusions can be harmful so long as those experiencing them believe them to be real. Though you should probably train those minds a bit more if they can be this easily manipulated. Not good at all for going after the Silver Crystal, right?" He asked them. He sighed at that point, "Though too much time has been wasted now. You know there are still a good few plans to be realized, but also a bit more to deconstruct." He scratched at the back of his neck. "I wonder... do you all think this is a dream? I mean those illusions were pretty convincing.... this could all be in your heads, or not. You take your picks." He said with a meager shrug. "The psychics are pretty powerful, but I'm not sure if they would want to take the time to simulate a dream for everyone you know?"

The Abra giggled with laughter, "But they are so stupid! They fell hook line and sinker!"

"Like Penance stated though, all fall for it." Suddenly in the room a good ten psychics appeared. There were three Alakazams, a Hypno, a Gardevoir, two Grumpigs, a Slowbro, a Lunatone, and finally a Xatu who was the one who had spoken. The Xatu calmly eyed the Gold Tribe. "Very unique are your minds indeed. Though... some more unique than others." He stated as he glanced at the fallen Golurk.

"Cause they're stupid!" The Abra stated gleefully once more as he teleported near the other psychics.

Penance jumped from the beam he was on shooting out a Water Pulse beneath him. The Pulse was kept contained in its ball state thanks to his Confusion and he landed on top of it in mid-air, slowing down his speed and giving him a cushion as he landed feet first on the floor. The golden band on his right arm was gone and he looked among them once more, "So then, I assume questions are in order? Perhaps the fact that the psychics linked up with your minds while you all slumbered can take away a few. The rest are natural of course but we can walk and talk I suppose. The scouts already report that it's getting topsy curvy up there so we should probably get onto that. That is if you all want to of course." He said with a shrug. "Or... you all could be holding in inner rage and really really want to kill me. Natural for that to happen as well I suppose, it can't really be helped though. Although death means a harder time trying to get the city freed as well as innocents killed and this whole city within a city turning upon you all. And due to the fact that many here have been trained to kill Goldies... your odds aren't that great with that route, still, I do give you the free will to decide what to do." He stated. "So... what will it be?" The Golduck asked them.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
"Do you WANT to get caught?" Lashire hissed back to the silently Gold Tribe. "Stop shouting out. The echos carry for quite a while." After another turn, another hissed warning came back toward them as lights appeared up ahead. "That's the patrols, stay quiet." By the time they reached the spot where the lights had been, they had already disappeared down another tunnel. After this, Daricka began noticing the lights of other patrols shining through the tunnels, but each time they had already gone before the Gold Tribe reached them. "Okay, we're almost there. Just stay quiet." Lashire said softly. "There is usually a large patrol up ahead. We need to be quick." The scout paused as he gazed down the next tunnel, a frown forming on his face. "Oh dear..."

Daricka peered past him to see what had caused his worry, and spotted a group of Ancients guarding the path ahead. She waited patiently while Lashire had a whispered conference with Vigil. Then, as Vigil informed the Gold Tribe of the distraction plan, the trio of scouts disappeared back the way they had come. Not long later, a crashing sound echoed through the tunnels, drawing the attention of the Ancients who scurried off to find the source of the sound. As soon as the coast was clear, the Gold Tribe dashed down the passage the Ancients had been guarding. Daricka's ears twitched as some of the larger Pokemon, less suited to stealth, made the thudding sound of their footsteps despite their best attempts to be silent. Speed and stealth just don't mix for some.

She would have continued onward, but Vigil stopped them before they had gone to far. Daricka scowled in irritation. They should be taking the chance given to them, not waiting! If the scouts didn't have a plan to get away, they wouldn't have volunteered as decoys in the first place, so there really wasn't any reason to wait for them.

The form of a Kabutops making its way back toward them caught Daricka's attention, but before she could think of a way to get to the Ancient and silence it before it alarmed its comrades, Saul dropped down on it from ceiling. After a moment of grappling its mouth shut and slamming a knife deeper and deeper into its necks, the Kabutops' lifeless body fell silently to the ground. Crimson blood still staining him, the Tyrogue took off, motioning for the Gold Tribe to follow which the did.

Be on alert, Zane said through the telepathic link TrueStriker had set up. Not that Daricka really needed to be told so again. After awhile of running through the twists and turns of the underground, Saul stopped and glanced warily about then brushed his hand against a part of the wall, and it slid open to reveal a cavity on the other side. The Gold Tribe followed Saul inside, and the Tyrogue pushed a button that closed the entryway behind them. Already inside was Lashire holding the still sound asleep Eevee.

"What happened?" The Pawniard questioned.

"What ya think?" Saul retorted. "They stopped. You know, it's good of me to have stayed back and waited up there! Sheesh! They are idiots!"

Lashire frowned at this, but his expression quickly changed to a wide smile as he turned to Vigil. "We are actually here Mr. Vigil!" He stated proudly. "I will ask you all to stay here for the moment while we enter the main cavern. It's procedure and also... with a Scizor in your group and the fact that the Sentinels do enlist former Gold Tribe members, you could easily be mistaken for Sentinels, no need to get shishkabobed with all kinds of attacks right?"

"Yeah, stay tight and don't do anything stupid like, say, readying an attack or something," Saul muttered. "That will lead to death instantly."

"I understand," Vigil assented with a nod. Seemingly satisfied, the scouts went to the far end of the tunnel where the wall slid open after they knocked three times, only to close behind them.

"Everyone all here? Everyone alright?" Vigil asked, looking for confirmation that everyone was present. "Alright, good. Now, we don't know who exactly this Pokemon is, or what he is capable of, so we should be cautious. But remember, we're here to work together with them. Still, let's make sure to keep our eyes open, just in case."

Daricka couldn't agree more. She'd dealt with plenty of shifty characters in her past, and the feeling she was getting right now wasn't a pleasant one. Her senses told her something was wrong, and her body hummed with adrenaline. If it weren't for her strict control, she would have jumped out of her skin when a hissing noise sounded through the chamber. Deciding to trust her instincts, she scrambled up the wall before she even noticed the green gas leaking out of the walls, her lithe fingers finding handholds a less experienced Pokemon might not be able to. She clung tightly to her perch, trying to deduce her next course of action as the sickly green smoke filled up the room and swirled up toward her. However, the poison quickly surrounded her. As it took its affect on her, her grip loosened and she fell back to the ground, her wavering gaze blanking out as her body succumbed to the gas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It took a moment for Daricka's eyes to adjust to the dim lighting of what could only be described as a cell, with its gray walls and closely set iron... balls? Daricka straightened up as she came to full wakefuleness, her back sore back protesting. Perhaps climbing that wall to escape the gas hadn't been the best idea... Studying the closely set iron balls in the flickering candlelight, she wondered as to their purpose. She'd spent time a few jails herself during her thieving years when she was unlucky enough to be caught - rare as those occasions were, and she always escaping before very long - and they'd all had bars, not balls. Still, it had the same despairing appearance as a prison, so it couldn't be anything but.

"Is everyone alright?" The familiar voice of Vigil drew Daricka's attention away from her speculations.

"I am fine," she replied, raising her voice to be certain she would be heard. Approaching the edge of the her musty cell, she peered out as best she could. After some straining of her neck, she was able to survey the cells containing Vigil, Bloodthirster, Sword and Shield, Speculum, Guardia, Hoodhide, and Dryad. She hesitated a moment, then checked again, only to come to the same result. Only a portion of the Gold Tribe was here.

"Ugh...where the hell are we?" Guardia's voice came from across the dark room. "Why are we in these cells? Damn it! We should never have trusted those scouts!"

"Grr...these bars can't be bent. They must be made out of something special," Sword and Shield bellowed from his own cell. "Do you believe this was the Silver Tribe?" If they were made for a special reason, that would explain the strange design...

"Who the heck else?!" Guardia screamed back, the sound of her claws clashing against the bars grating against Daricka's ears. "They're probably gonna deliver us to the Sentinels right now. Damn it!" Daricka didn't doubt that was a possibility, but it wouldn't explain why only a few of them were here.

The tromping of large feet announced the arrival of a Rhydon, Aggron, and a pair of Blastoise. "Wake up Goldies! We're taking ya to the event," The Aggron pounded his hands into each other. "Don't make us get too physical, besides, you wouldn't want the rest of your comrades to pay the price rigiht?" He chuckled as the four went to the different cells and began to open them up.

"Event? What event?" Vigil asked. "Why are you holding us here? Don't you know who we are? Where are the rest of us?"

The Aggron rolled his eyes. "Ask anymore questions and well, he'll take care of the problem. Trust me, you don't want to know what he will do to you all. Let's get going. Chop chop! Don't want to keep everyone waiting!"

Daricka complied without resistance, her expression hiding any thoughts that might be running through her head. The guards lead them up a staircase that in turn opened up in a brown-stoned hallway. From another stairwell, an Abra was descending with the missing members of the Gold Tribe as well as Dinorah. Still, Daricka didn't allow herself to feel relief quite yet. Whatever was going on, she doubted it was in their best interests.

"Don't run, or you may have to be killed!" the Abra quipped before her headed down the hall.

As Zane inquired as to the well being of the others, Daricka turned to look at three Pokemon that had been brought separately: an unconscious Ninetales, a Golurk, and a Lilligant. From the emblems each had, it appeared they too were Gold Tribe.

"Alright, we're all here. Now anyone have any Arceus-damn idea what the hell we're all doing here, and who's behind this?!" a clearly irritated Guardia exclaimed.

"I've got an idea." Gallant replied thoughtfully. "I didn't think the Pokemon was still alive, but this is too much of a coincidence to not be connected." Daricka turned her attention him as he continued. "Before the invasion, we all know the main enemy around were the thieves. That's true. But here in Cape City, there was another Pokemon, someone who was just as dangerous as the King of Thieves. He had a contingency of followers, and was able to do a lot of damage with what we believed to be a lot less resources than us. He even managed to kill a couple of Gold Tribe members who were in pursuit of him at that time. I had a run-in with him once. A long time ago. I would have died too, if it wasn't for a fellow brother saving me at the price of his own life. But he disappeared a long time ago. Some thought he died. Others thought he went into hiding permanently. We never found his hide-out, and we never found a body, but we still assumed he was long gone. I guess not. I'm sure some of you have heard of him before. He was quite renown back in the day."

Daricka's mind process jump started as she realized who Gallant was talking about. The Madman, a criminal spoken of in awed whispers among the street Pokemon of Gold City. How could she not have heard of him? She had never learned much about him, but in her younger years the tales would have been enough to keep her from ever straying to Cape City, if she ever even left Gold City in the first place.

It was at that moment that an Alakazam appeared and teleported them to a different room. After blinking away the discombobulation that followed the unexpected transportation, Daricka's eyes fixed on a sight that surprised even her. Defender sat upon a throne made of gold, situated in a large room.

"Welcome Goldies!" the Golduck exlaimed with a smile as her spread his arms wide, the crowd of Pokemon watching the scene cheering with excitement. Daricka didn't take her eyes off of him as she struggled to puzzle out was going on. She could already tell them something was off. "Now now, let's not get over eager. Madness can get a bit crazy sometimes." The roar of the laughing crowd was lost on Daricka as she furrowed her brows in thought. "Now… quite some time it's been eh? A whole day or close to one… or perhaps a year. It's so hard to tell from down here!" Defender rolled his eyes and quickly jumped back in his chair. "Now, to atone for crimes by the Silver Tribe you all will… SUFFER!" He stated gleefully as he jumped so he was now standing on top of his chair. The ground in front of them suddenly pushed back to reveal a bubbling cauldron below, but Daricka's eyes were still fixed on Defender as dread filled her. She really hoped the conclusion she was approaching was wrong. "Now, who would like to be cooked first?' Defender asked eagerly as he glanced about. "How about the meaty ones? Or the skinny ones? I'm impartial myself!" He crackled with laughter and snapped his fingers as flames shot out from below and lit the pot on fire, or at least the top anyway. "Now, prepare to suffer for crimes against the City and the Alpha Alliance! So, who wants to step in first!?" He asked with a sadistic grin. Either Defender had completely lost his mind, or this had been his true guise all along. The latter would definitely it easier to deal with the obviously crazed Golduck, since that would he had been tricking them the entire time. Not that Daricka had many qualms about fighting him at the moment, though she really hoped they wouldn't have to permanently remove him from this life.

"You know, I am REALLY getting bored of this!" A voice cried out. Daricka glanced upward where the voice had come from and spotted a Joltik on the ceiling with a few other Pokemon. "Madman you've gone too far this time! Gold Tribe! Get ready for a battle!" So, Daricka's suspicions were confirmed. Defender was not Defender. He was the Madman. Perhaps the Defender the Gold Tribe had known as a brother was still there somewhere, but until her revealed himself, the Madman was all that mattered if they wanted to get out of this alive.

Defender... No, the Madman rolled his eyes and pointed at the Gold Tribe. "First the Goldies, then Sheera. Get to it!" He cried out. Chaos immediately broke out as the Pokemon clashed, the Madman cackling as her formed a Water Pulse. "It's madness in here!"

Daricka's first order of operation was to reach the Madman and sort out this mess, and she wasn't surprised to spot TrueStriker already confronting the lunatic Golduck. But first, she would need some extra power to deal with the Pokemon come at her and the rest of her companions from all sides. A bright glow surrounded her as she danced gracefully out of the way of a flying ball of mud. As the Calm Mind faded away, Daricka could feel the power burning hot within her, ready to unleash itself on some unlucky foe. Not seeing a reason why she shouldn't grant it its wish, the Infernape put her hands out to either of her and quickly but carefully balanced energy into both of her palms to form two glowing orbs. She shot the two Focus Blasts forward, the double attack barreling into the Pokemon closest her and exploding on impact, force knocking all but the heaviest off of their feet. Not about to give them a chance to recover, a dark Heat Wave rolled out from her, purposefully constrained to only hit the Pokemon that had been knocked over by the Focus Blasts so her brethren wouldn't be caught up in the boiling air. However, that was likely the last chance she was going to get to attack the same Pokemon in quick succession as the Madman's army closed in on them. Now she would have the added trouble of defending from physical attacks.

Daricka's flexible frame bent backwards as a Dodrio struck at her with one of its heads. She then used the momentum to turn the bend into a flip, gripping the wingless bird's head with her legs to send it crashing into the ground behind her while also messing up the attack pattern of the other two heads that had been aiming their sharp beaks at her legs. She swung around to face the Dodrio again, Her muscular tail thwacking into one of its heads as it rose off the ground. One again channeling energy to her hands, she used Close Combat, her limbs became a flurry as they dealt blows to the three heads, partial Focus Blasts forming each time she drew a hand back then exploding into one of the Dodrio's heads the moment she struck. She leaped back as the the trio of bird heads fell forward limply, their brains thoroughly splattered. Not very clean, but it was efficient enough and saved her the energy of creating a full-powered Focus Blast.

Her next opponent - or, opponents - were a Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee that seemed accustomed to fighting together. When the Hitmonchan punched toward her head, the Hitmonlee would attempt to swipe her legs out from under her with a Low Kick. After the Hitmonchan landed a successful hit on her shoulder that sent her spinning off balance, Daricka thought up a quick plan and spun with the attack, her body becoming enveloped in dark flames. Her spinning movement caused the flames from the Flare Blitz to flare outward, scorching the two fighting-types and giving her the opportunity to bring the Hitmonlee down with a small, precisely aimed Focus Blast that struck it through the eye and straight through its brain. The Hitmonchan took longer as it exchanged fierce blows with the Infernape, despite the burns covering its body. Daricka's eyes were constantly watching for an opening, and they soon found a small one as the Hitmonchan flinched when she struck a burn on its arm. Reaching quickly forward before her foe could raise its defense again, Daricka wrapped her left hand tightly around its neck then struck its head hard with her right fist, all in a matter of seconds. The Hitmonchan's head snapped backward, far further back than it should naturally be able to go, with a snap that was lost in the sounds of battle.

A small burst of impatience filled her when she realized she had been distracted from her target, but a side glance told her that Bloodthirster and Vigil had already joined TrueStriker in confronting the Madman. However, as she was launching a Flare Blitz encased fist at Lopunny, it disappeared. She spun around quickly, thinking perhaps it had somehow gotten behind her, then stopped when she noticed all of the other Pokemon the Gold Tribe had been battling against had also disappeared.

"Though I must say that was a unique performance and I have labels," she heard the Madman saying, and she turned to see he at least was still there with an Abra alongside him. "I was wondering when you all would get here, though, I was expecting a different entrance. Of course it helps to always have a plan. The funny thing? Illusions can be harmful so long as those experiencing them believe them to be real. Though you should probably train those minds a bit more if they can be this easily manipulated. Not good at all for going after the Silver Crystal, right?"

Daricka's muscles relaxed, though only slightly. So he wasn't the Madman. He had just been testing them. He was still Defender. Or was he? She eyed the Golduck she had only just moments ago considered an enemy as he continued to talking, finding she still didn't really trust him. Even if he said it was only illusions, he had still successfully tricked them and she didn't put it beyond him to do it again.

"So... what will it be?" The Golduck asked them. Daricka shifted her posture, forcing down the last of the tension in her body that was left from the illusory battle. For anyone who knew her, the relaxation would mean that she trusted them, or that she was at least in agreement. She wouldn't mind if Defender believed she had faith in him; it would only make it that much easier to figure out what was going on inside that head of his. She cast a sidelong look at Vigil, waiting to see what he would decide.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Paladin
Limbo

"You're not dead. You're not awake, but you're not asleep. You're in Limbo. Limbo is a state of mind in which you are not fully conscious, but you can still control your own cerebral activity, instead of letting it fall prey to dreams."

A voice rang out in Paladin's mind. There was darkness, and nothing but. Paladin could not even see himself; only the endless black around him. He tried to activate his eye lights, but it did not work. He knew it was totally pointless to look around and examine his surroundings, for if he tried to, he would only find more darkness waiting for him. There was nothing to see here. The usual display of colors that one may perceive when their eyes are closed were nowhere to be seen, instead replaced by a pool of shadows. Paladin tried to will himself to awaken, but it was of no use. Had he fallen into a coma, perhaps? Paladin shook the thought from his head; if he were in a coma, he would be imagining his own perfect world right now, and this was far from perfect. "You're not in a coma, Saul. You're in Limbo," the voice came again, louder this time, but softer. Paladin tried to say 'Who are you?' but found that he could not do so. "Don't worry, you don't have to talk. I can read your mind," the voice sang. It now dawned on the Golurk that a psychic had entered his mind. The psychic was probably the one keeping him in Limbo. "You are correct, young one. I just wanted to take this opportunity to talk to you," the voice explained. Paladin was doubtful of the psychic's intentions. He knew that psychics were able to mess up a Pokemon's mind to the point of insanity. "I mean you no harm. I just want to talk to one so...intriguing as yourself," the psychic said again. "I would also like to explain myself. I'm sorry that I caused you to harm yourself in the battle earlier. If it had not been for my meddling, perhaps you would not be lying here now."

Paladin wondered what the Pokemon could be talking about. True, he had injured himself, but that was from fighting Jeb, and letting his inner darkness take him over. Just then, a shape materialized in the darkness. It began as a white light shining out, but then formed into the shape of a green, bird-like creature. It took a moment, but Paladin identified it as a Xatu. "If you will allow me to explain," the Xatu began, its voice still as soft but loud as before. "Jeb was a figment of your imagination. I extracted him from your subconscious and made him into an illusion in everyone's minds." Paladin wanted to clobber the miscreant right then and there, but remembered that he could not move in his own mind. "All the other Pokemon around you were illusions created by me and my colleagues. I'm sorry, Paladin, but we had to test the strength of the Gold Tribe. The entire purpose of this 'test' was to pin point some of the more interesting of you. Paladin, you are one of the most interesting Pokemon here," the Xatu said. 'Why did you have to involve me?' Paladin thought. The Xatu quickly replied, "I was the one who sensed your presence in the underground tunnels. You see, Paladin, your dark side, your hidden memories, and the various complexities surrounding these two attributes of yourself is what catches my attention. You are one of the most complex beings I have met in a long time, so I just had to seize the opportunity and bring you in. You being a member of the Gold Tribe also corresponded with Madman's little test, so we decided to bring you in as well. I'm sorry for getting you involved in this, but I just had to know," he said. 'Wait, so you brought me in here and messed with my mind out of curiosity?!" Paladin thought furiously. The Xatu nodded, ashamed.

'So, what exactly were Jeb and those other Pokemon? Were the just illusions?' Paladin asked, trying to put aside his anger for now. "Yes and no. The Pokemon around you were mostly illusions, that is, the ones who never attacked you or the ones you only saw from the corner of your eye. The ones you fought, however, were illusions made from memories or ideas implanted in your head. Jeb, for example, was an illusion based off and created from your ideal image of yourself, though I just added the accent in for fun," Xatu chuckled lightly. "The Electivire, on the other hand, was an illusion manifested from your fear of Dragon-types from when you were a child. This is why it attacked the Salamence you rescued." This stunned Paladin. How had this Xatu known something about Paladin which he didn't? "Ah, yes, I can see into some of your hidden memories. You know, all you have to do is dig deep enough into your subconscious, and you'll find them," Xatu explained. 'Tell me about my past!' Paladin ordered rather with a rather gruff tone. The Xatu simply shook his head. "You need to find these things out for yourself, Saul. If I tell you everything you need to know, your future will be drastically altered," the Xatu said. 'What do you mean?' Paladin asked. "Nothing. Let's change the subject-" Xatu began, but he was cut off 'What do you mean' Paladin though again, a sharp edge to his voice.

"Fine. As a Xatu, I have the power to see glimpses of the future. I am telling you, your future will soon intertwine with that of many others. If you discover your past now, you'll quit your search for yourself, and never meet these Pokemon, thus creating a whole new chain of events that could lead to the destruction of the Alpha Alliance!" the Xatu explained dramatically. Paladin thought on this for a moment. Was he truly so significant? He wanted to ask the Xatu more, but knew that he would get no answer. Xatu's voice softened and weakened a little when he next spoke, "Now, Paladin, it's time for you to go to sleep. You'll need it. The upcoming battles will be harsh and relentless, and you will face many opponents on the way to realization, but never waver, for eventually, you will reach your final destination,"

"And remember...never doubt your importance."

Last edited:

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso SharpEye
...Not the sharpest mind in the room, though...

~~~~~
In the moments before Zane reached 'Penance', Hanso wondered why the Golduck didn't answer, and why the Gallade wasn't being attacked from behind. When the Golduck, along with most of the other Pokemon in the room, vanished and the real Penance revealed himself, Hanso felt confused at first. He thought for a moment that some part of his mind might have still been clouded from the sleep gas they'd been hit with.

"The funny thing? Illusions can be harmful so long as those experiencing them believe them to be real. Though you should probably train those minds a bit more if they can be this easily manipulated. Not good at all for going after the Silver Crystal, right?" Penance asked them. He sighed at that point, "Though too much time has been wasted now. You know there are still a good few plans to be realized, but also a bit more to deconstruct." He scratched at the back of his neck. "I wonder... do you all think this is a dream? I mean those illusions were pretty convincing.... this could all be in your heads, or not. You take your picks." He said with a meager shrug. "The psychics are pretty powerful, but I'm not sure if they would want to take the time to simulate a dream for everyone you know?"

Hanso's eye twitched at that point as he realized that he had been, as the Abra put it so aptly, stupid. I should have checked for something once I saw that Abra. Another might have said that Hanso was being hard on himself, but he didn't feel any better for learning that it had been a test, a setup. Hanso rubbed at his eyes with one hand, not really looking at the Psychics that appeared. In fact, he still felt some of the disbelief from before. Thinking back through the whole thing, Hanso pinpointed a few things that were inconsistent. Or, at least, he thought they were. Penance being called the Madman; Penance snapping his fingers to light the fire under the cauldron; Tired enough of all this to really point everything out.

"So then, I assume questions are in order? Perhaps the fact that the psychics linked up with your minds while you all slumbered can take away a few. The rest are natural of course but we can walk and talk I suppose. The scouts already report that it's getting topsy curvy up there so we should probably get onto that. That is if you all want to of course." Penance said with a shrug. "Or... you all could be holding in inner rage and really really want to kill me. Natural for that to happen as well I suppose, it can't really be helped though. Although death means a harder time trying to get the city freed as well as innocents killed and this whole city within a city turning upon you all. And due to the fact that many here have been trained to kill Goldies... your odds aren't that great with that route, still, I do give you the free will to decide what to do." He stated. "So... what will it be?" The Golduck asked them.

Hanso turned away from the majority of the group, listening as he searched through his mind. The Gallade took time to make sure there were no external mental connections left, cutting any he found without looking at any of them individually. Can't risk having any connections with these guys left...what else could they have done? Now that he knew, or had an idea, what to look for, Hanso didn't actually find anything else in his mental scan of himself, the others, or the room. He focused more on whether there were any more mental manipulations, rather than who was who.

All the same, Hanso felt angry. Angry at Penance and the other Psychics for fooling them, and angry at himself for not realizing it. On impulse, Hanso spun and punched Accatosh in the shoulder; he didn't pour anything into it except a desire to relieve something. "Sorry about that," the Gallade muttered to Accatosh, "but you were the closest thing to punch." Hanso faced Penance and stated, "Far as I can tell, you're not messing with our heads anymore. If you are, though, then stop it. Or we might not see what's happenin' up there anyways."

Years
Levina ~ Cape City

Levina grinned as Snype approached her. "Kehe, of course. She's poisoned at the moment and probobly passed out. I picture she'll be out of her hair either way. Even if she does escape, she'll die beforehand either way." He said. Levina giggled in a menacing way as Snype's words reached her ears. "I'd love to give her some 'shock therapy'…..if you know what I mean." Levina spaced off as she pictured herself shocking the Mismagius into begging for mercy. She was snapped out of her little daydream by Snype who returned to the topic at hand. "Kill all the citizens and that means you'll have a rebellion and the Gold Tribe to face. I'd fear we'd be out numbered if the groups ended up having an alliance. Who knows what they're up to. I still say we do what we can to stop the rebelion though. Scare them enough so that they don't try something like this again. But let's be smart about it. Kehehe... we'll end it all in one grand battle when the time is right. Feels a bit early for that if you ask me." Snype said.

"It would be one hell of a fight hehe. I'd be up for it." Levina said with a grin as she watched the Pokemon joining in on the conversation. "I cannot endorse a kill all order," the Tyranitar said. "Killing ruthlessly on the battlefield is one thing, but we can't just kill an entire city. What good is a kingdom if all the citizens are dead? There is no honor to be had in such an action, and many of them wouldn't even be able to defend themselves." Levina let out a quiet groan as she listened. She knew the Tyranitar was correct and it annoyed her. She was ready for bloodshed and was getting impatient. She turned to one of the Ancients, a Cradily who was close by, and sent a small but steady stream of electricity to it shocking it slightly. Levina giggled as the Ancient squirmed under the current. She knew it wasn't doing much damage but it satisfied her lust for a fight for a little while.

Levina continued to mess with the Cradily as she listened to a female voice talking to the others. "Why not stage an execution?" the Pokemon suggested. "Pick a group of individuals we know are not responsible, and put them under the blade. Whoever is behind this is sure to reveal themselves in the face of losing innocents. Those heroic types love opportunities like that. And it would serve the dual purpose of striking fear into the masses, as Snype suggested." "Yes," said the Tyranitar, "that sounds like an excellent idea..." This attracted Levina's attention as she left the Cradily alone and faced the group again. "I don't real care as long as I get to fight." She said, a smirk returning to her face.

Allora ~ Unknown Battle Room.....Or not? Huh?​

Allora looked back to see if the Liligant was still following. What she found was a fierce battle between the Liligant and a Krokorok. Allora stopped and turned to help her new friend but saw the Liligant deliver a finishing blow to the Pokemon. Before returning her attention to helping the group, Allora called to the Liligant. "Over here! This way!" Allora turned back to the group to see Paladin approaching. She let a small smile show through as she was relieved to see he was alright. "We have to get out of here," he said sternly. Paladin was right. They had to find a way to escape or more of them would be injured or, even worse, possibly killed.

Allora followed Paladin's example and started looking around for a way to escape. There were no obvious exits as the room was sealed up tight. They couldn't risk busting one of the walls or the ceilings out for they didn't know where they were exactly or what was on the other side. Plus it would run the risk of a cave in and that could kill everyone. The exact opposite of what they wanted to do. As Allora continued to look around she heard a loud grunt come from Paladin. She jerked her head around to see what was wrong with her friend and saw another Golurk had smashed into Paladin, sending him flying a distance.

All Allora could do was stand by and watch as her partner wrestled with the other Golurk. 'Oh no! This is bad! What can I do to help him? I'm out powered physically and the only attack I know that is affective will hit Paladin also. I don't know what to do.' She thought as she paced back and forth watching the battle. The need to help and protect Paladin grew with each passing second. Allora watched in horror as the other Golurk charged Paladin, and again, knocked him back ten feet. "PALADIN!!" Allora screamed as tears started to well in her eyes. She was watching her friend, no, her family member, being killed in front of her eyes.

Before Allora could do anything to help Paladin, something strange happened to him. He stood and let out a powerful scream as his body started to change. A strange, sickly gray color started to envelop his body and his eyes turned black and lifeless. "Paladin?" Allora whispered as she watched her friend transform. This being that stood in front of her wasn't her friend. She didn't know who or what this Pokemon was. She watched as Paladin took flight, taking the other Golurk along for the ride. Both Pokemon shot for the ceiling and collided with a very loud bang, leaving a crack behind them. Allora watched in silence as her friend landed with a thud alongside the dead Golurk. All she could do was stare at Paladin's body, not knowing whether he was dead or alive.

Allora's gaze left her friends figure, only for a second, when she caught Pokemon disappearing out of the corner of her eye. Hovering above everyone was a group of Pokemon she hadn't seen in the room before. Three Alakazams, a Hypno, a Gardevoir, two Grumpigs, a Slowbro, a Lunatone, and also a Xatu. The Abra from earlier and the insane Golduck were also with them. "The funny thing? Illusions can be harmful so long as those experiencing them believe them to be real. Though you should probably train those minds a bit more if they can be this easily manipulated. Not good at all for going after the Silver Crystal, right?" The Golduck asked them sighing. "Though too much time has been wasted now. You know there are still a good few plans to be realized, but also a bit more to deconstruct. I wonder... do you all think this is a dream? I mean those illusions were pretty convincing.... this could all be in your heads, or not. You take your picks. The psychics are pretty powerful, but I'm not sure if they would want to take the time to simulate a dream for everyone you know?"

Allora returned her gaze to Paladin as she half way listened to what was going on. The other Golurk that was beside Paladin also disappeared. 'An illusion? Is that what that was? But it felt so real.' She thought as she took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. Allora slowly approached Paladin, fear the he could be dead still making her gut wrench. She sat beside his body and watched him for a second waiting for him to take a breath. To her relief, Allora could hear the air whooshing in and out of her friend's lungs as he breathed.

"Paladin." Allora whispered to him gently, not wanted to startle him. She received no response. "Paladin?" She said a little louder as she gently bumped him with her paw. Still no response. "Paladin!" Allora halfway yelled as fear started swelling up again. "Paladin wake up!" She shook him a little harder to try and wake him up. Again there was no response from the Golurk. It was almost like he was in a comatose like trance. Oblivious to the outside world. "PALADIN!!" Allora screamed as tears started to well up again in her eyes. The possibility that this could all still be an illusion was hidden by her fear and anxiety.

Allora turned to the Psychics who seemed to be amused by their little test. Especially the Abra who continued to call them all stupid for falling for the illusions. "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO PALADIN!!!???" Allora snapped at them, her tails flying straight up and staying there. "IF ALL THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE AN ILLUSION THEN WHY THE HELL ISN'T HE WAKING UP!?" Tears poured out of her eyes as hundreds of different possibilities flooded her mind. Many of them playing off the fear that she lost her dear friend. "WELL? ARE YOU GOING TO ANSWER ME OR JUST FLOAT THERE STARING AT ME?" Allora's eyes started to glow blue as her anger built. She was ready to beat the crap out of anyone if it meant getting an answer to Paladin's condition. Slowly her body started to give off the same blue glow, her psychic abilities fueled by her emotions, as she waited for an answer.

Years
  • Seen today
Accatosh "Blitzkrieg" Corronis

Within second's of Vigil's Arrival to the Golduck's throne, everything disappeared, eventually there was nothing left but the Gold Tribe, The Golduck and a group of psychics. Accatosh after finding out that this was all a game of mind was rather angered, and the stuck up Abra was about three seconds from becoming an Abra-ka-bob. Accatosh felt a thud on his shoulder, he glanced over where it came from to hear and see Truestriker apologize, Accatosh couldn't help but smile he understood completely why the Galade had punched him, "don't worry about it brother, I think it would be better if we spared to take out our anger, so next time feel free to ask..." before he could continue there was an outburst of anger and tears coming from a white Ninetales that was with a Golurk and a rather tall Liligant, and joined with the rest of the group during the battle. He sensed her anger, fresh and alive, yet it was fueled by something else, sadness, morning, from the sound of it. He turned his head to the group of Psychics, particularly the Abra, "seems like you, yourself are a few berries short of a bushel. don't you know it's unwise to upset a Ninetales, not even a dragon would dare anger one. it might be wise to explain EVERYTHING, before I HAVE to help our sister here, get answers." he smiled menacingly, thinking of over a dozen methods he could use to get the information they want.

Megaman765

Years
Snype began to like Levina the more she talked. It seemed the others agreed with him as well. Staging an execution would be a good idea as well to show this Rebellion what they're really sacrificing. Everyone has already scattered of course, possibly hiding in fear of possibly being hunted down by either the Silver Tribe or the Rebellion. If that didn't get them out then the group would have to trek around and hunt down the rebellion.

"Before we do that we should check out the sites of the explosions. There might be some stragglers around there. Survivors or members of the rebellion. Either way we can get some information from them about who we're fighting. I can take the southern part of the city with Levina." Snype said. He was all ready to go. Without even asking, he jumped on top of Levina's back on top of her bag as if she were his noble stead.

"I can keep an eye on the newbie. Kehehe." He joked, expecting to be shook off.

Years
Levina ~ Cape City

Levina let out a huffed sigh as she listened to Snype. "Before we do that we should check out the sites of the explosions. There might be some stragglers around there. Survivors or members of the rebellion. Either way we can get some information from them about who we're fighting. I can take the southern part of the city with Levina." He said. 'Great, scouting duty.' She thought as she looked at the scruffy Pokemon with an annoyed look on her face. "I better get to fight someone." She mumbled in a gruff tone.

To her surprise, the Sableye jumped on top of her back like he was riding a Ponyta. "I can keep an eye on the newbie. Kehehe." He joked. Levina could tell a smirk was forming on the brave Pokemon's face. "You are one gutsy Pokemon you know that?" She smirked as she turned her head far enough to see him out of the corner of her eye. "I'd respect that……..if I enjoyed being ridden like a horse." Levina growled the last part as she sent a jolt of electricity coursing through the Sableye's body. The shock wasn't strong enough to do much damage but still would smart quite a bit. Once Snype was stunned by the shock, Levina bucked him off to the ground beside her. Levina sat beside the Pokemon and snickered. "Opps…what happened? Did you fall off? Hehe. You know you should really hang on better." She giggled as she watched him.

Megaman765

Years
Snype was quickly hit by several jolts of electricity as he expected. He didn't try to avoid it with the use of Detect though. He needed a good jolt of electricity to keep him up. Snype fell down to the ground, his fut all over the place and more scruffy then it usually was. He was flat on his back not changing his expression at all. He let out a snicker. The girl had spunk. Snype was actually growing to have a bit of respect for her style. Snype got up onto his feet slowly and pet hear head, scratching it a bit.

"Kehehe, your just a tough one to handle. We'll get along just fine you and I." He said with a snicker.

Years
Levina ~ Cape City

Levina started laughing when she noticed Snype's new hairdo. His fur was sticking up all over the place due to the electricity. She muffled her laughter when he stood to his feet and snickered at her. The brave Pokemon proceeded to pet her head, scratching it like one does to a dog. Levina respected the spikey haired Sableye for daring to treat her like an animal. He had major guts, or be completely brain-dead, to attempt such a thing not once but twice. "Kehehe, you're just a tough one to handle. We'll get along just fine you and I." He said.

Levina gave him a death glare hoping that would be a good enough warning for him to stop. "You will know the true meaning of tough if you keep treating me like a mutt." She growled and bumped into him just hard enough to knock him over again. Levina then proceeded to sit on the Sableye's chest and snickered. "I believe we will get along as well. You make a nice 'pillow'."

Megaman765

Years
Snype kept his expression the entire way through as Levina bumped him onto the ground. He didn't resist of course. She was a companion and all and right now he was focusing on annoying her to see what it would take to get her to snap. So far she was showing to be a fighter which was good enough for Snype. There were more important things to do. Levina sat down on top of Snype's chest. Her spikes around her rump were just close enough to poking him

"Omph! Kehe... you can show me "tough" another time darling. Don't get too comfy on me though. We got work to do after all." Snype said.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Genevieve L'esprit
"Enough, children!" Genevieve barked at the Jolteon and Sableye, frustration obvious in her voice. As if Snype wasn't enough, now another wearisome personality was added into the mix. "The adults are trying to find a solution to our current predicament. So, if you two would rather waste my time with your childish behavior, please, feel free to do so at another time. If, on the other hand, you wish to help us find a real fix to our problem," she looked down at them with a distasteful glare, "I would be happy to hear it. You two can breed later." Genevieve gave a dismissive wave with her last comment, one of the few times she could be caught joking.

"Now." She returned her attention back to Scar. "I do believe we have gone through these actions before with very similar results." Genevieve began to pace and place a hand to her chin as she weighed the possible outcome of each scenario. Why not go ahead and have the final battle here? The numbers were certainly on their side, there was no element of surprise and they had an army that didn't fear death. These were all things the Gold Tribe lacked that they didn't. "I myself have made public displays of executions," she spoke up again. "I murdered a Pichu's father before the eyes of the Gold Tribe for all to see, with little affect I might add. I believe our only option is to kill these swine without letup or favor."

Turning to Sovereign, a slightly disappointed look on her face at his dismissal of her idea, she walked up to him and stroked his chin affectionately. "Dear Sovereign, how could you be so against this idea? You of all Pokemon should appreciate the lengths that we need to go to win this war. This will not end until these Pokemon learn to respect us. They will never learn until we lay them on the ground in prostration and beat it in to them!"

"After all," she turned to the rest of the Sentinels as a whole. "When you have an infestation, you don't kill a few bugs as an example. No. You kill them without prejudice and rid them from your home." Pausing for emphasis, she looked down at her hands as if imagining the blood that stained them. "Friends...this entire kingdom is our home and it is infested with vermin. Let us exterminate them."​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back