• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Ruby] Inserting Cries

Years
OK,so I tried this,replacing Mewtwo's cry with Dialga's.I tested it in game.Buuut,it was a glitchy sound.I got everything right.Could somebody tell me what happened?

ShadowForce_G

Endless learning...
Years
OK,so I tried this,replacing Mewtwo's cry with Dialga's.I tested it in game.Buuut,it was a glitchy sound.I got everything right.Could somebody tell me what happened?

Because PokeCryGUI need cry in .wav with 8 bit (audio sample size) and 11 kHz (audio sample rate).
Djg will post the link to download the cries.

Last edited:

NeoS

Mexican Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2012
Hi. I have a problem ...
I'm working on a FireRed ROM (E) and used the offset table 48C914 (Thanks Hackmew), but when i replace the Mankey's cry (56) for the Starly's Cry, sounds good on Mankey, but the cry of Primeape (57 ) is ruined. One after of i inserted. What can I do?

(Sorry if my english is too bad xD)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hi. I have a problem ...
I'm working on a FireRed ROM (E) and used the offset table 48C914 (Thanks Hackmew), but when i replace the Mankey's cry (56) for the Starly's Cry, sounds good on Mankey, but the cry of Primeape (57 ) is ruined. One after of i inserted. What can I do?

(Sorry if my english is too bad xD)

Tutorial Notes...
* The 'Sample ROM'(number 4) should be bigger than the 'Samples WAV'(number 5)...​

Learn to read though...
It'll be helpful.

NeoS

Mexican Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2012
Repoint the cries, maybe? That shouldn't be too hard...
I know, i know... repoint the offset... the question is how... because if i use the option "Repointed" of PokecryGUI, the rom broke down.

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
The 'Sample ROM'(number 4) should be bigger than the 'Samples WAV'(number 5)...while inserting cries using Pokecry

What if i want to insert a cry which is smaller in size at compared to sample wav
( i replaced weedle with starly in my game)

Is there no way I can insert the cry?
(may be some repointing)

Found the solution
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200527

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years

So it works with FireRed as well? I never knew, though I shouldn't never know about that since I only hack Ruby. :P
A-Cry? So you are making a cry tool? =3

I forgot where the 'death cries' starts though... :\
Also, yeah, it uses their PokéDex numbers, however, the Hoenn ones, like HackMew said, doesn't follow the numberings anymore.
And as HackMew suggested, you can look at their numbers in HM's XSE's stdpoke.rbh file. Though you should convert it to decimal, k? =3

Repoint the cries, maybe? That shouldn't be too hard...

Okay people, the fact that no-one else has pointed this out bugs me.
To repoint ur cries.
1) Find the offset of the cry to be repointed
2) Insert the cry into a clean fr rom at 0x800000 and see how many bytes it takes
3) Open fsf with the rom that u originally intended to insert the cry for
4) Search for however many bytes you need (you got this from step2)
5) In a hex editor, search your ROM for a pointer to the cries current offset.
6) Repoint it to the offset given from FSF
7) Open the ROM in pokecry
8) Paste the table
9) Load your pokemon number, and WAV file
10) Encode
There, you successfully repointed and inserted ur cry.
Please note: You only need to repoint if the amount of samples in your WAV is more than the samples of the current cry. Also, the "death cry" is just the "(living?) cry" of the pokemon only the ROM does something to it run time. As in, there's only one wav for each pokemon, the rest is done for you.

xGGxToiZ

>.//:SO HOT:\\.<
Years
Hi, I tried replacing Bulbasaur's cry (1) and it becomes ruined. I'm using an English Version of Firered. What's the problem?

Umm . . Let's see, it could be because:

A. Your WAV File is bigger than the original cry. (I doubt that.)
B. Your WAV File is not encoded in 88Kbps (11025Khz).
-> So the outcome becomes a beep or something like static.
C. It's your ROM acting up. (Not likely but hey!)

Idk, but if its A, just repoint it.

And what do you mean by "ruined", exactly?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Yes, I am reviving this old thread o'mine.
I am the thread owner, so I guess reviving this is fine, plus, it's a tutorial anyway.

I updated the first post of this thread.
This time, you can now insert cries without corrupting the other existing cries!
Check it out.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I inserted Victini's cry over Jirachi's and I only hear silence. I'm pretty sure I did everything according to the tutorial, and I'm doing this on FR.
I changed Victini's cry to 8bit and 11025 before I inserted it. And I use XVI32, if it helps.

Here are the offsets I used:
Table Offset: 48C914
Sample Offset: 69B278
Reverse Sample: 78B269
Free Space: A48DAB
Reverse Free: AB8DA4

Help would be appreciated.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
I inserted Victini's cry over Jirachi's and I only hear silence. I'm pretty sure I did everything according to the tutorial, and I'm doing this on FR.
I changed Victini's cry to 8bit and 11025 before I inserted it. And I use XVI32, if it helps.

Here are the offsets I used:
Table Offset: 48C914
Sample Offset: 69B278
Reverse Sample: 78B269
Free Space: A48DAB
Reverse Free: AB8DA4

Help would be appreciated.

This has happened to me before. I'm not sure why, but the cry has to be under ~1.36 seconds.

Back