• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Well guys release is on track. Just hold out as its only 5:44 pm 24th here! While to go yet xD

Woah! you live in england too!
I'm actually glad to be living in england now :3

Anyway, I'm still super excited!! gonna have my laptop on all day just to download it! :3

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
Years
Noooo I was hoping you lived in like america or something, where its already the 25th so essentially I would be getting it "early" But you had to live in the UK like me. :'D

No honestly I don't mind when it's released as long as it is actually released.. too many false promises going around...

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
I'm waiting patiently, just like those who are mature enough to wait. In fact, this hack is the farthest thing from my mind right now.

Starting off with good ol' Cyndaquil.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2023
I think Link should release it in new year eve as punishment. Those, now deleted, post are starting to be annoying.

ch4r1zard

Burner of backsides
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2020
like the guy says, people need to learn to read.

anyway im much looking forward to this, i still have the unreleased buggy beta 3

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Beta release is literally today/ tonight, guys - We said this ages ago. I return on my birthday/ Xmas to find a locked thread and a bunch of deleted posts - Calm down guys. Just wait for updates from either me or link.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012
Will the dl link be available on the original post? The link for the forum dl section is 404.

Years
Future of LC

So where does the game end this time? Like are the Orange Islands fully completed? And has the game reached its limits? Or can you make it possible to expand to other regions in later betas?

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2012
Hope your having a great Christmas time Link, despite the lot of work with the releasing process! Great hack also:)

Years
So where does the game end this time? Like are the Orange Islands fully completed? And has the game reached its limits? Or can you make it possible to expand to other regions in later betas?

I think it is up to the end of the first island in the orange islands, and the next beta released will be the final one with the completion of the orange islands.

Years
I think it is up to the end of the first island in the orange islands, and the next beta released will be the final one with the completion of the orange islands.

Alright Sweet, I hope LaZ was able to iron out most of the bugs many experienced and hopefully new ones don't arise.

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
Funny.
some dude online is alreadyn posting the link XD
anyways yes u guys have waited "3 years" -.-
its christmas
maybe these guys have better things to do then upload a game... siriously give him time... it will be up soon enough
siriously tho great job u guys n we can wait patiently for a great game ;D

blue

gucci
Years
Alright Sweet, I hope LaZ was able to iron out most of the bugs many experienced and hopefully new ones don't arise.

I'm pretty sure they have that checked after 2 years of work and if any errors do occur they will only be minor and expected.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
cant waiiit, i havent been so excited for a rom since the release of light platinum, i really wanna play this rom, it brings me to the good old times :D

naczkens

Experienced Pokeplayer
Years
You all are asking about the release like there is no other world.
The new beta will come someday.
So You all should chill out and enjoy The Christmas!

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
It's here at last!

Well guys, the time is here at last. The release of Pokémon: Liquid Crystal Beta 3.1!

This post will be a long one as there are quite a lot of things which need to be discussed about the latest beta, such as requirements, changes, known bugs, live beta and all sorts of other things. I know people have been itching all day but all this is important stuff. So let's begin...

Changes
It's been a huge while since I released Beta 2.1 on April 2009 so I'm sure everyone is very eager to download the latest version. I can't list every single change and addition seeing as a lot of stuff has gone into this new beta.

Additions

• Brand new remastered GSC maps
  • Remixes Johto, Kanto and Orange Islands music
  • New battle music for Rivals
  • Physical/Special Class Split for moves
  • Raised Pokémon levels for increased difficulty
  • Redone move-sets for Rivals and Gym Leaders
  • Extra in-game trades for obtaining new Pokémon
  • New OWs for Gym Leaders & more
  • Day & Night Music - more in the future!
  • Loads more new areas to explore
  • Vast addition of new Pokémon & Trainer sprites
  • Real time Day & Night!
  • Enhanced weather system with seasonal weather changes
  • Brand new move tutors
  • Open ocean to explore
  • New scripts, events and secrets to discover
  • And much much more!
Fixes

• Fixed typos and script errors
  • Added wild Pokémon to all the correct areas (no more "wild ? appeared")
  • Improved text box usage
  • Fixed a lot of Bad Eggs
  • Fixed battle crashes (Axel, Brendan, Static Etc.)
  • Fixed other various crashes
  • Fixed the correct Game Corner prizes
  • So much more that can't be listed!
Hopefully these collection of fixes and additions will make your Liquid Crystal experience much better than before.

Bugs, And How To Report Them!
Like all of the previous releases of Liquid Crystal, this one also carries the Beta title. It should be noted that while a lot of bugs have been fixed, created and then fixed there still will be some bugs that have gone undetected.

Known Bugs

One thing to note is with the Bad Eggs. While I was able to track a large number of them 2 have gone untracked which appear in Box 2 and Box 4. Please report all Bad Eggs as soon as you see them.

Reporting
So how would you go about reporting these bugs? In the past I accepted bugs like everyone else such as in a PM, on this thread, on YouTube, a Profile message or some other site. Well thanks very much for reporting bugs to me, it's a great help but those bugs go rather unorganized and have a large chance of being missed. That's why I'm excited to release a new Bug Reporting system for Liquid Crystal and it's bugs.

How does it work?
It's very simple. Whenever you report a bug you visit http://www.thepkmnworld.co.uk/report where you can log issues in one central system. With this central system you are able to find information on all of the current bugs which are reported by other members and myself. This will help to stop duplicate reports and also for you to keep track of the reports and bugs currently going on. You are able to use the system as a guest so registration is not needed. You get added benefits from registrations such as the ability to subscribe to an issue so you know when it's been fixed.

Feature Requests
Ever wanted to request a feature for a new beta? Got a brilliant idea and want to share it? Well the same system allows you to request a new feature!

But wait, if you subscribe and be notified that I fixed an error, doesn't that mean I have to wait years for the final Beta? That was the case up until today. I'm pleased to announce another new system which I've put in place today!

Live Beta
I've been extremely excited about this service for a very long time so it's great to finally release it. So what is it exactly?

...Live what?

In a nut shell, Live Beta is a system where you can obtain the latest version of the unreleased Liquid Crystal whenever you like. This means you get all exclusive access to the newest additions to the hack, available today.

Cool! Latest LC!
Live Beta goes hand in hand with the new Bug Report system as you can make use of the subscription feature to get updates on the latest fixes. Once I mark an issue as fixed you can simply download the new patch and start playing!

No more major releases?
You might think that because of the Live Beta being the most current version, there will be no more official releases. Well that's not true, as the Beta you obtain from the Live Beta will be unsupported. This means that the focuses and promoted release is the final Beta 3.1 which is released today. Why is it unsupported? Because although there are new additions to the hack, they might not be in a fully playable state. Although they will fix any other issues you get with the official release and perhaps give you insight on what the additions will be.

Enough Talk, Time To Play!
Well with all of that out of the way, It's about time to get playing! Before you do you must read this important information before playing!

Emulator Requirements
Due to new hacks performed on the latest version of Liquid Crystal, Flash Carts are unsupported. Also, the emulators required to play the hack is Visual Boy Advance 1.8.0 Beta 3. Other emulators such as Gpsp and Gameboid are currently semi supported, and I'm working on adding full support for these emulators. I prepared a pack which includes ticked options for playing the latest version of Liquid Crystal. This can be obtained here and at the end of the post.

Downloads
It's about time to release this. I really hope you read this post as if you didn't, then please read now before downloading.

Beta 3.1 - Official Release
Available for download here.

Beta 3.1 - Live Beta
Available for download here.

Bug Report System
Bugs can be reported over here.

Visual Boy Advance Prepared
This can be obtained over here.

Well Merry Christmas to everyone and enjoy the latest release. Let's hope this one works out unlike the previous releases. Any problems with the download of anything then let me know, I'll fix it up.

Oh, and as I promised today is December 25th 2011, 23:24 :).

~Link

Last edited:
Back