• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my 5th gen Pokemon team

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
Years
So basiclly, this is my 5th gen team, not really a 5th gen but there is still lower gen Pokemon in here too:
Blaziken_Sprite_Animation__by_Satoshi444.gif

Nickname: MEGAS
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Naive
EVs:
HP: 5
Attack: 192
SP. Attack: 252
Speed: 61
Moves: Heat Wave, Hi Jump Kick, ThunderPunch, Earthquake
►Basiclly, my famous Lead Blaziken set, being original is what I want for a chance. He is like all attacking leads. Nothing special, ThunderPunch is for taking down water types and Earthquake for some other Pokemon. Heat Wave is preferble forn me 'cos I need an OK attack and accuracy. Nothing else much. And also, as transfered from Soul Silver.

212-1.gif

Item: Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
EVs:
HP: 184
Attack: 252
Speed: 74
Moves: Bullet Punch, U-turn, Persuit, Super Power
►Obvious Choice Banded Scizor from Smogon is obvious. I just need Scizor to help me kill off tough enemies. Not much else to say except this guy was transfered from my Soul Silver.

620.gif

Nickname: Sexy
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant
EVs:
HP: 4
Attack: 252
Speed: 252
Moves: Hi Jump Kick, U-turn, Stone Edge, Poison Jab
►Choice Scarfer, but this one, I prefer Power over Speed. Cuz I may still outspeed some and give heavy damage. The moves are all obvios for Kojondo and Choice Scarfers except for Poison Jab. Not sure what else is good to put it so might as well just add Poison Jab for the lulz, I guess. Caught it near the area at the 7th gym. Not anything else interesting much to say.

547.gif

Nickname: エルフーン (This is a actually legit Erufuun and name, not a nickname. Caught on Black and trade it to White which I am currently using it.)
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EVs:
Defence: 252
Sp. Defence: 252
Moves: GrassWhistle, Stun Spore, Taunt, Encore
►Yeah... Basiclly, without Erufuun, I am basiclly done with this game. He is most important in my team for stopping sweepers, and specially weather base teams, like Sand Storm Doryuuzu. Can also stop some walls at certain point. That's all about it.

094.gif
http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx355/Bestow3000/094.gif
Nickname: OUJA
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Timid
EVs:
Moves: Substitute, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Hidden Power Fire
►Transfered from Soul Silver. Obvious Substituting Gengar is obvious. Mostly for scouting, and Life Orb stall the opponent. And it's a Burungeru counter. So that's.... basiclly it.

635.gif

Nickname: サザンドラ (Just like Erufuun, caught it legitly and train. So yeah.)
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
EVs:
Moves: Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Earthpower
►Like Kojondo, except for this one, it's Speed over Power. Don't ask why I didn't put Draco Meteor over Earthpower. I find it more effective and easy when dealing with certain Pokemons who resist my attacks. Good revenge killer too, can outspeed alot of Pokemons even though they got plus 1 or even plus 2 speed up. And, it's a Nattorei counter.

Conclusion of my team: They are pretty well balanced for me, they helped me alot, they counter just about anything, from Nattorei and Burungeru combo to weather base teams. Just amazing, rarely fails me, unless if I miss then maybe it'll mess me up alot. Without Erufuun my team is completely unbalanced and weak. So yeah. Please let me know about my team and rate it, any other good suggestion for my team is truely welcome.
Thanks

Greetz:
MEGAS. ;)

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
Blaziken: I don't really understand what this has over other leads, like Machamp and the like. It doesn't have priority, the EV spread is pretty weird IMO, and if Hi Jump Kick misses you're essentially screwed. Also, why Heat Wave? Fire Blast is better, I think (Why do you think Fire Blast is used a lot more than Heat Wave on many Pokemon?). Just use Machamp. If you want to use a Blaziken, you're better off waiting for Speed Boost on it from the Dream World.

Scizor: Well, your EV spread doesn't look anything like Smogon's. 74 Speed? What is that for? ._. Anyhow, just use the standard CB Scizor spread of 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe. It works a lot better tahn yours. Other than that, this is fine. Just watch out for the Fire types this dude lures, especially Heatran... Kojondo may get unlucky with Hi Jump Kick and miss, allowing Heatran to sweep (Especially if it has Dragon Pulse).

Kojondo: Finally, a normal EV spread. Locked Fighting type moves aren't a very good idea in this metagame (With Shanderaa running around), but it's good here for getting KOs on stuff like Heatran. You should scout your opponent for Shanderaa first, though. Poison Jab is... Eh. With a pretty good base 95 special attack, you could certainly use Hidden Power Ice on that set for Dragons with a spread of 252 Atk/4 SpA/216 Spe.

Erufuun: I honestly don't see the point of having GrassWhistle and Stun Spore... On the same set. I'd recommend Stun Spore, as it can permanently cripple something switching in and has better much better acuraccy (55 accuracy on GrassWhistle makes it pretty terrible to use). I'd recommend it having some way of damage, any way. Even Leech Seed. Because if something Taunts you and catches you off guard, you're screwed.

Gengar: I wouldn't call Gengar a Burungeru counter. Burungeru has very high SpD with the set that's most commonly used, it can survive Shadow Ball and KO you with its own Shadow Ball. Other than that, it's fine.

Sazandora: Draco Meteor > Dragon Pulse. Sazandora is really meant to be a revenge killer here, so Draco Meteor would work better because it hits harder. A lot harder. Also, Earth Power doesn't really hit anything that Surf doesn't, but Earth Power does hit Empoleon. It's a matter of personal preference.

tl;dr:

-Machamp outclasses Blaziken's role as a lead.

-Scizor needs a better EV spread

-HP Ice could be used over Poison Jab with an EV Spread of 252 Atk/40 SpA/216 Spe on Kojondo

-GrassWhistle is terrible, use an attacking move or something that causes damage (Like Leech Seed) instead on Erufuun.

-Gengar is not a Burungeru counter.

-Draco Meter > Dragon Pulse on Sazandora.

By the way, I just realized that having half of your team as Choice users is a pretty bad idea... Your only sweeper is Gengar. I could see Roopushin working on this team in place of Kojondo.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
Years
Blaziken: I don't really understand what this has over other leads, like Machamp and the like. It doesn't have priority, the EV spread is pretty weird IMO, and if Hi Jump Kick misses you're essentially screwed. Also, why Heat Wave? Fire Blast is better, I think (Why do you think Fire Blast is used a lot more than Heat Wave on many Pokemon?). Just use Machamp. If you want to use a Blaziken, you're better off waiting for Speed Boost on it from the Dream World.

Scizor: Well, your EV spread doesn't look anything like Smogon's. 74 Speed? What is that for? ._. Anyhow, just use the standard CB Scizor spread of 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe. It works a lot better tahn yours. Other than that, this is fine. Just watch out for the Fire types this dude lures, especially Heatran... Kojondo may get unlucky with Hi Jump Kick and miss, allowing Heatran to sweep (Especially if it has Dragon Pulse).

Kojondo: Finally, a normal EV spread. Locked Fighting type moves aren't a very good idea in this metagame (With Shanderaa running around), but it's good here for getting KOs on stuff like Heatran. You should scout your opponent for Shanderaa first, though. Poison Jab is... Eh. With a pretty good base 95 special attack, you could certainly use Hidden Power Ice on that set for Dragons with a spread of 252 Atk/4 SpA/216 Spe.

Erufuun: I honestly don't see the point of having GrassWhistle and Stun Spore... On the same set. I'd recommend Stun Spore, as it can permanently cripple something switching in and has better much better acuraccy (55 accuracy on GrassWhistle makes it pretty terrible to use). I'd recommend it having some way of damage, any way. Even Leech Seed. Because if something Taunts you and catches you off guard, you're screwed.

Gengar: I wouldn't call Gengar a Burungeru counter. Burungeru has very high SpD with the set that's most commonly used, it can survive Shadow Ball and KO you with its own Shadow Ball. Other than that, it's fine.

Sazandora: Draco Meteor > Dragon Pulse. Sazandora is really meant to be a revenge killer here, so Draco Meteor would work better because it hits harder. A lot harder. Also, Earth Power doesn't really hit anything that Surf doesn't, but Earth Power does hit Empoleon. It's a matter of personal preference.

tl;dr:

-Machamp outclasses Blaziken's role as a lead.

-Scizor needs a better EV spread

-HP Ice could be used over Poison Jab with an EV Spread of 252 Atk/40 SpA/216 Spe on Kojondo

-GrassWhistle is terrible, use an attacking move or something that causes damage (Like Leech Seed) instead on Erufuun.

-Gengar is not a Burungeru counter.

-Draco Meter > Dragon Pulse on Sazandora.

By the way, I just realized that having half of your team as Choice users is a pretty bad idea... Your only sweeper is Gengar. I could see Roopushin working on this team in place of Kojondo.

Thanks for the tip.
For my Blaziken: He actually works out very well, he's been with me since my first battle. And I don't really want Fire Blast, accuracy is low, tried that before and screwed me up badly enough. Plus, that Blaziken lead always fools people since it's... an original set of mine, also my signature Pokemon. Even though it's no match for alot of leads, it still has one thing good, tricking people since they wouldn't be expecting such Blaziken, since I see they all may think it's another Smogon set Blaziken or Speed Boosting one. He works out pretty well. Also, not using Speed Boosting Blaziken, so broken and not my style anymore.

For my Scizor: More speed is more. Helps me outspeed certain Pokemon and kill it off. Nothing else, just as long as the EV spread is good for me in the battle, I use it.

For my Kojondo: Why Hidden Power Ice? Pretty much Stone Edge helps me already, plus it won't even kill Dragonite at all, or certain Flygons. But I'll see about it.

For my Erufuun: GrassWhistle is needed for me to stop priority sweepers and such. Leech Seed doesn't really help me too much at all. Erufuun works really decent for me.

For my Gengar: I know, but I haven't seen a Burungeru with Shadow Ball yet, only once. But still works out well for me in certain run. Nothing else.

For my Sazandora: Not going to use Draco Meteor, tried it once, screwed me badly. Will stay with Dragon Pulse, and Surf did not work too well for me, Earth Power helps me out, specially with Empoleons which I indeed had troubles with, and fast Electric Pokemons, not including Denchura, also helps with annoying Scarfed Heatrans.

For my teams: Of course, Blaziken is a UU Pokemon, plus I just love being original, nothing else much plus I don't care. Kojondo needs more Speed for that, may not use Hidden Power Ice. For my Erufuun, not changing anything, helps me stop dangerous sweepers, specially with Priority and stop some walls, too. My Gengar can sometimes be one, and a sweeper at some point too. Not gonna change Dragon Pulse, helped me more than Draco Meteor.
But thanks for the feedback, still.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
Um, i think you kind of need to take contructive critisism instead of just saying, "Oh, he works FINE for me, there's no need to change him." If there was no need to change anything, why'd you post a RMT in the first place? It doesn't seem like you want to improve anything.

85 accuracy seriously isn't that low. 30 accuracy is low, and that's on 1HKO moves. I'd still run Fire Blast over Heat Wave, because once again, you don't see Heatrans running around with Heat Wave. Fire Blast outclasses it. Surprise is good, but Heat Wave is not.

What is Scizor outspeeding with those EVs anyways? Rhyperior? You're still better off using Smogon's EVs, because it makes for better bulk and thus better revenge killing, and you have Bullet Punch anyways. If you want a fast Scizor revenge killer, use a scarf and not a band.

HP Ice is for Flygon and Garchomp. It will kill Flygon, Flygon is 4x weak to it and you have a base 95 SpA. Same with Garchomp. Either that or it's going to put a serious dent in both of them. That kind of Pokemon is for REVENGE KILLING, not coming in on your Dragonite right as it sets up and Stone Edging it as it pretty much destroys me.

Stun Spore stops sweepers a lot more reliably. For example, it can actually slow down Dory for one of your Pokemon to come in and force it out or kill it. GrassWhistle has extremely low accuracy and is thus not very reliable tbh. I was using Leech Seed as an example, and I still think that if you get Taunted by something faster than you with Mischevious Heart (Like those Genies), you're absolutely screwed. I've seen people using Energy Ball on it and it works.

Gengar, yet another example why you don't want to take critisism. Gengar gets KOed by anything Burungeru has besides Boiling Water anyways. In fact, Gengar is 2HKOed by neutral hits. It's not a Burungeru counter. You must be playing people that don't EV train and make up their own gimmicky movesets.

Sazandora needs Draco Meteor to kill bulkier stuff, and I know that soon D_A is going to come along and say the same exact thing. Once again, it's a REVENGE KILLER! You don't slap a scarf on a sweeper, because obviously your opponent probably has something to resist the move you're hoping to sweep with and switch immeditatly.

By the way, you never responded to me saying that 3 Choice users on the same team is bad. Blaziken is usually dead by the first couple turns anyways, Erufuun is some kind of utility thing, and Gengar is your only sweeper. You don't need three revenge killers on one team when you only have one sweeper.

You seriously need to learn to take advice. If you don't want to change your team, why did you post an RMT in the first place? You could have said, "Alright, I'll try that, thanks," But instead you said, "My team's so freaking perfect, I don't need to change it." If your team is so dang perfect, why aren't you like #1 on Wifi, PO, and Shoddy?

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
Years
Um, i think you kind of need to take contructive critisism instead of just saying, "Oh, he works FINE for me, there's no need to change him." If there was no need to change anything, why'd you post a RMT in the first place? It doesn't seem like you want to improve anything.

85 accuracy seriously isn't that low. 30 accuracy is low, and that's on 1HKO moves. I'd still run Fire Blast over Heat Wave, because once again, you don't see Heatrans running around with Heat Wave. Fire Blast outclasses it. Surprise is good, but Heat Wave is not.

What is Scizor outspeeding with those EVs anyways? Rhyperior? You're still better off using Smogon's EVs, because it makes for better bulk and thus better revenge killing, and you have Bullet Punch anyways. If you want a fast Scizor revenge killer, use a scarf and not a band.

HP Ice is for Flygon and Garchomp. It will kill Flygon, Flygon is 4x weak to it and you have a base 95 SpA. Same with Garchomp. Either that or it's going to put a serious dent in both of them. That kind of Pokemon is for REVENGE KILLING, not coming in on your Dragonite right as it sets up and Stone Edging it as it pretty much destroys me.

Stun Spore stops sweepers a lot more reliably. For example, it can actually slow down Dory for one of your Pokemon to come in and force it out or kill it. GrassWhistle has extremely low accuracy and is thus not very reliable tbh. I was using Leech Seed as an example, and I still think that if you get Taunted by something faster than you with Mischevious Heart (Like those Genies), you're absolutely screwed. I've seen people using Energy Ball on it and it works.

Gengar, yet another example why you don't want to take critisism. Gengar gets KOed by anything Burungeru has besides Boiling Water anyways. In fact, Gengar is 2HKOed by neutral hits. It's not a Burungeru counter. You must be playing people that don't EV train and make up their own gimmicky movesets.

Sazandora needs Draco Meteor to kill bulkier stuff, and I know that soon D_A is going to come along and say the same exact thing. Once again, it's a REVENGE KILLER! You don't slap a scarf on a sweeper, because obviously your opponent probably has something to resist the move you're hoping to sweep with and switch immeditatly.

By the way, you never responded to me saying that 3 Choice users on the same team is bad. Blaziken is usually dead by the first couple turns anyways, Erufuun is some kind of utility thing, and Gengar is your only sweeper. You don't need three revenge killers on one team when you only have one sweeper.

You seriously need to learn to take advice. If you don't want to change your team, why did you post an RMT in the first place? You could have said, "Alright, I'll try that, thanks," But instead you said, "My team's so freaking perfect, I don't need to change it." If your team is so dang perfect, why aren't you like #1 on Wifi, PO, and Shoddy?

There is still alot of people who outclassed me whom I do not know yet, never even said my team is perfect. The reason why I liked this teams alot is because it nearly beated Biolizard1 on YouTube but missed so I lost, Dangerous36M but lost my Erufuun out of nohere so I lost but beated Wilechase on YouTube and some tough people, too. And my bad, I forgot to reply back to the Choiced users, anyway, yeah, reason why I run alot is main cuz 5th gen is not as easy as it looks now, I do not know what am I saying but they are needed to support and beat tough Pokemons. And I don't play Shoddy or PO, just Wi-Fi. It's impossible to be number one, no one can be number one at all. And, usually I never said that I may change them, I just forgot to say so my bad too. But yeah, all advice are kept for use and change and fix for my teams later on. Oh and for Gengar and not EV trained Pokemon Trainers, I fight every EV trained trainers, not a single I faced on B/W is beginners like the prev gen. Don't have to start an arguement with me. Oh and this is my first time doing a RMT so yeah.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
There is still alot of people who outclassed me whom I do not know yet, never even said my team is perfect. The reason why I liked this teams alot is because it nearly beated Biolizard1 on YouTube but missed so I lost, Dangerous36M but lost my Erufuun out of nohere so I lost but beated Wilechase on YouTube and some tough people, too. And my bad, I forgot to reply back to the Choiced users, anyway, yeah, reason why I run alot is main cuz 5th gen is not as easy as it looks now, I do not know what am I saying but they are needed to support and beat tough Pokemons. And I don't play Shoddy or PO, just Wi-Fi. It's impossible to be number one, no one can be number one at all. And, usually I never said that I may change them, I just forgot to say so my bad too. But yeah, all advice are kept for use and change and fix for my teams later on. Oh and for Gengar and not EV trained Pokemon Trainers, I fight every EV trained trainers, not a single I faced on B/W is beginners like the prev gen. Don't have to start an arguement with me. Oh and this is my first time doing a RMT so yeah.
I understand that 5th Gen is very tough, I play it myself. I was watching a couple of your videos, amd so now I completely understand your side of this. I didn't mean to start an argument or anything, sorry about that.

Now, looking at the typing of your Pokemon, a Speed Boost Yanmega could obliderate you. It can gain its boosts, and then destroy Blaziken, Kojondo, and Eurfuun with Air Slash, Scizor with HP Fire, and Sazandora with Bug Buzz. It could also get a good amount of damage, if not destroying, Gengar. So let's look at the roles of each of your Pokemon:

Blaziken: Lead
Kojondo: Revenge Killer
Scizor: Revenge Killer
Erufuun: Utility counter
Gengar: Special sweeper
Sazandora: Revenge Killer

I notice that you have an absolute ton of revenge killers. If I were you, I'd scrap Kojondo because it's adding to your Flying type weakness. We could, perhaps, add in Lucario somewhere? Lucario could act as your physical sweeper, being able to switch in on Blissey and Pursuit users such as Tyranitar (Which Gengar attract), set up, and sweep. I could actually see it working pretty well, but it's up to you if you want to get rid of Kojondo.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
Years
Sorry too.
Anyway, yeah, I'll see about swapping Kojondo for somethin' else.
Once again, thanks much for the tip and advice. Will handly keep it for changing and fixing. :)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
GrassWhistle is horrible. Your Erufuun is stopped cold by Taunt (unless you Taunt first). Gengar is not a Burungeru counter, Gengar just checks Burungeru but it doesn't check it quite good. I agree with the change to Lucario, and Scizor should just have the Smogon's EVs. Oh and this team lacks the mentioning of each Pokémon's abilities, just saying.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
GrassWhistle is horrible. Your Erufuun is stopped cold by Taunt (unless you Taunt first). Gengar is not a Burungeru counter, Gengar just checks Burungeru but it doesn't check it quite good. I agree with the change to Lucario, and Scizor should just have the Smogon's EVs. Oh and this team lacks the mentioning of each Pokémon's abilities, just saying.

Eruufun has Mischievous Heart, it gives Taunt priority so it wont be getting Taunted itself.

Back