• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Time Warp Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Any dual type pokemon is acceptable as long as it has one of the allowed types, and doesn't have a banned type. If a Pokemon has only not mentioned types, you still can't use it. Does that make more sense?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about this, KagamiChan.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
i think i get it so i cannot have a lunatone in stone age(rock types are allowed,psychic types are banned) but i can have a ludicolo (grass is allowed, water is not mentioned)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
That's the way I understand it, but wait for KagamiChan to confirm this. I don't wanna be intruding on her challenge.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2016
How about these ideas?

Ice Age
Era Types: Ice, Water, Rock and Ground
Mandatory:
Generation I: Dewgong
Generation II: Piloswine
Generation III: Walrein
Generation IV: Froslass/Mamoswine
Generation V: Cryogonal
Banned: Electric types, Grass types, Bug Types
Era Rules: You may not use the Poke Mart because there are no markets. You must rely on what you are given
Johto games Rules: Once you are able to reach the Kanto region, Normal Types can join your team

Feudal Japan Era
Era Types: Poison, Dark, Bug, Fighting
Mandatory:
Generation I: Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan
Generation II: Ariados/Crobat
Generation III: Hariyama
Generation IV: Gallade/Toxicroak
Generation V: Bisharp
Banned: Grass Types, Electric Types, Water Types
Era Rules: As your Pokemon represent the army of Feudal Japan, you may only shop from each Poke Mart once, representing your army not stopping in the village.
Johto games Rules: Once you are able to reach the Kanto region, Steel Types are allowed to join your team.

The Roaring Twenties
Era Types: Normal Types, Psychic, Dragon, Ice
Mandatory:
Generation I: Persian
Generation II: Granbull/Blissey
Generation III: Delcatty/Slaking
Generation IV: Purugly/Lopunny
Generation V: Cinccino
Banned: Dark Type, Bug Type, Fighting Type
Era Rules: You must buy something from every Poke Mart and may not sell any items.
Johto games Rules: Once you are able to reach the Kanto region, Steel Types and Electric Types are allowed to join your team.

Any of those any good? I got really bored at work today.

i think i get it so i cannot have a lunatone in stone age(rock types are allowed,psychic types are banned) but i can have a ludicolo (grass is allowed, water is not mentioned)

I started playing stone age earlier, and am posting my sign up now. Anyhow, that's how I read it too, and I use a Ludicolo too! :D

OT:

Username: Happy Smiley Yum Yum
Game: Sapphire
Era: ALL OF THEM! (In historical order ofc.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Any dual type pokemon is acceptable as long as it has one of the allowed types, and doesn't have a banned type. If a Pokemon has only not mentioned types, you still can't use it. Does that make more sense?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about this, KagamiChan.
That is correct.

Yes, you got that right. You can use any dual-types with one type on the Era types list and 1 type that isn't mentioned.

That's the way I understand it, but wait for KagamiChan to confirm this. I don't wanna be intruding on her challenge.
You're not intruding at all, I appreciate the help xD

-snip-

Username: Happy Smiley Yum Yum
Game: Sapphire
Era: ALL OF THEM! (In historical order ofc.)

I was thinking about Ice Age myself, right as I was clicking on the thread xD
Those are some pretty neat ideas, I'll think about it xD but Ice Age has a 90% chance of being added.

I'm really glad to see someone doing an Ultimate version of this challenge o.o

Oh and I just realised what got people confused o.o basically, a typo I made because of being tired and distracted.
As for the dual types with 1 type on the Era types list and one type on the Banned types list.... you can('t) use those.
^Added the correction.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I like the idea of an early 1900's option, like that Roaring 20s suggestion, but I don't fully get some of the choices in the pitch. For example, what does Dragon type have to do with that time period? That seems more like a ban list to me. And, considering the high mobster activity at the time, I would think that Dark should be an allowed type, not a banned one. Psychic kind of fits in, but I also don't quite get Ice. I certainly think it's a wonderful idea, but imo it needs some tweaking.

EDIT: Maybe instead of the Roaring 20s, it could be the Industrial Revolution, so it can fit more than a 10 year span?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I like the idea of an early 1900's option, like that Roaring 20s suggestion, but I don't fully get some of the choices in the pitch. For example, what does Dragon type have to do with that time period? That seems more like a ban list to me. And, considering the high mobster activity at the time, I would think that Dark should be an allowed type, not a banned one. Psychic kind of fits in, but I also don't quite get Ice. I certainly think it's a wonderful idea, but imo it needs some tweaking.

EDIT: Maybe instead of the Roaring 20s, it could be the Industrial Revolution, so it can fit more than a 10 year span?

Well, I'm open to all sorts of suggestions & stuff regarding new Eras. So feel free to drop me a VM & stuff. For example, the Post-Apocalyptic Scenario was all LiquidRage's idea. He PMed me and I loved it. And the Medieval Era was built in the trade corner IRC xD
So yeah, just VM me and share your thoughts and we'll work something out o.o

Years
Update:
Medieval Challenge - Sapphire
Gym Badges: 3/8
Pokémon: Combusken (31), Gardevoir (30) , Aron (29)
I am Training in Jagged Pass in order to beat the 4th gym.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2016

Ice and Dragon because to me, they always seemed quite extravagant types, and the era is dripping with opulence. Dark is banned because the 20s were supposed to be a happy period, and dark is kind of the opposite.

The industrial revolution is a good one. I'd do that.

Update #1
Currently stuck in: Jurrasic Jam
Badges: 0
Team:
Tokay - Treecko - Lv 13
Firmin - Surskit - Lv 7
Xtina - Lotad - Lv 9
Smurfette - Dustox - Lv 10

I'm saving the other two spots for a Lileep and a Numel. I'm enjoying this more than any other challenge because of the thematicness, as opposed to the simplicity of a monotype challenge.

Quick question though - If one of the mandatory requirements clashed with a banned type, what would you do? i.e. on Jurassic Jam, choosing to revive a Shieldon. I feel like the Shieldon would be allowed, because it evidently existed then, even though steel is forbidden. Can we get an official ruling on this please?

Last edited:

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Part Two! Hopefully with more progress!
Spoiler:

TEAM:
Spoiler:

See you tomorrow!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Quick question though - If one of the mandatory requirements clashed with a banned type, what would you do? i.e. on Jurassic Jam, choosing to revive a Shieldon. I feel like the Shieldon would be allowed, because it evidently existed then, even though steel is forbidden. Can we get an official ruling on this please?

Well, Jurassic Jam is an exception concerning dual-types with one type on the Era Types list and one type on the Banned Types list since you are REQUIRED to revive and use any fossil Pokémon that you obtain in your game.

Years
Trainer Hass
Badges: Zephyr, Hive, Plain, Fog, Glacier, Storm, Mineral, Rising, [L]
Team:
ThylaLeos
Typhlosion, M, Lv57, Charcoal
Flame wheel, ember, smokescreen, swift

Angel
Dunsparce, M, Lv57, Pink bow
Rage, screech, glare, pursuit
- <3

WrathClaws
Ursaring, M, Lv56, King's rock
Slash, faint attack, lick, fury swipes

Sun
Graveller*, M, Lv56, Hard stone
Rock throw, defence curl, rollout, earthquake

BurningRed
Parasect, F, Lv57, Quick claw
Slash, spore, giga drain, leechlife

NeedeSile
Nidoking, M, LV56, Blackbelt
Strength, surf, double kick, focus energy

Took on Claire, Angel dealt with her pretty easily actually. Surprisingly so.
Then we took the league, culminating in a back-forth switching between NeedeSile and Angel against Lance, with NeedeSile taking the non-dragons and Angel taking out the dragonites.
We.
Need to train so much.
To Kanto, I guess?

(Also, I think Raikou is stalking me? It's really weird?)

Last edited:
Years
Update:
Medieval Challenge - Sapphire
Gym Badges: 4/8
Pokémon: Combusken (34), Gardevoir (30) , Aron (30), Baltoy (22), Trapinch (21)
I've beaten Flannery, caught a Baltoy and a Trapinch and right now I'm defeating the trainers in the desert.

Cossolotto32

Pokemon Collector!
Years
I'd love to try this one:)
Username:Cossolotto32
Game:SoulSilver
Era:Westward (I loved that part of history!)

The Roaring Twenties
Era Types: Normal Types, Psychic, Dragon, Ice
Mandatory:
Generation I: Persian
Generation II: Granbull/Blissey
Generation III: Delcatty/Slaking
Generation IV: Purugly/Lopunny
Generation V: Cinccino
Banned: Dark Type, Bug Type, Fighting Type
Era Rules: You must buy something from every Poke Mart and may not sell any items.
Johto games Rules: Once you are able to reach the Kanto region, Steel Types and Electric Types are allowed to join your team.

I love this idea! The 20's were easily my favorite part in history! I wanna start one after I finish the Westward challenge and name my character Gatsby in reference of the novel by Scott Fitzgerald! So exciting! hahaa

Last edited:

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
Username: Koyan
Game: Black 2
Era: Egyptian Era

Using that (creepy) Sphinx Rule.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Username: Koyan
Game: Black 2
Era: Egyptian Era

Using that (creepy) Sphinx Rule.

you kinda have to use all Era Rules unless there's an (Optional) tag on any of them (like in the Medieval Era)

Welcome to the challenge.

Cossolotto32

Pokemon Collector!
Years
I had to go through the first part of the game using Chikorita, I named the rival in my game 'Dust' simply because in the 1930's the Dust Bowl moved hundreds of farmers west because the living conditions were too harsh. So I figured since I was doing the Westward Era, I'd name him that!

Damn, that first gym was sure a struggle. With just Oujia (Gastly) and no attacks that directly hit the Normal/Flying combo I had to put them asleep just to curse them and wait till the death. We finished the gym and headed south toward Azalea town!

We caught the second member of our team Bogut the Onix! Fighting team rocket right now in the slowpoke well:)

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
On your sign-up it just seemed that you're only using the Sphinx rule, when you need to use both (Sphinx and Slave) since neither are marked optional.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2016
Update #2

I beat Roxanne and Brawly today. Xtina (Lotad) evolved into Lombre. I used Dustox (with Confusion and Gust) to sweep Brawly.

I caught a Magikarp and am going to use it in lieu of a fire type; Gyarados with Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Ice Beam and Waterfall.

Another question: in Jurassic Jam, can I use the Mauville Game Corner so I can get TMs? I really hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back