• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hi, anyone knows how would I position the mugshot
on the right or left side? I only know the center of it which is (X = 0A - Y = 03)
Can someone tell me the positions?
mTMTFoN.png

I use X = 0x0 (left) or X = 0x14 (right), and Y = 0x3 on LoG.

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
Then you must replace the original sound with only 00's i guess.. Im not a music expert tho.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I see, thanks. But one thing make showpokepic command weird.
Why do the cry goes with the command? Once the pokepic shows
the cry of the pokemon in the showpokepic activates? o-o

I ran into this problem just a few days ago. Here is the solution that shiny quagsire provided me with:
OK, so this is a permanant fix to this problem, meaning that once you do this the cries will never ever play again. Luckily in the case that you DO want a cry there's a separate scripting command for that.

Just go into a hex editor and type a 00 00 00 00 at 06BBCA. This will null out the call to play a cry and solve your problem.
Works like a charm ;)

Chaotix

Love to test
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 11, 2020
Not sure if anyone could help me with this, or at least help figure out why this happened.

I placed a trainer on a map and gave them the following script:

Spoiler:

The problem is that if I run into a wild pokemon battle with the trainer in view, I somehow become the trainer after the battle and am stuck to moving in a small area. I can still find wild pokemon like this, and after another battle the trainer that I somehow became gets the same sprite as the player. Essentially I become stuck and cannot continue. Why is this happening?

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
That usually happens if an NPC on the map has the wrong Look Down movement type, which would be set in A-Map rather than a script editor. The one between Look Up and Look Left is safe- the one after Look Right isn't.

Chaotix

Love to test
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 11, 2020
That usually happens if an NPC on the map has the wrong Look Down movement type, which would be set in A-Map rather than a script editor. The one between Look Up and Look Left is safe- the one after Look Right isn't.

Yeah changing to the other look down seems to have stopped that from happening, however, the trainer will not initiate a fight with me when I'm within his view radius, it is set to 0003 in a-map. If I walk up to and talk to him myself the fight does start.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
Hey guys, I didn't know exactly where to put this, so I'm just gonna put this here.

I've been using AdvanceMap, and I want to make my own maps. I use the 'New Map' selection, but when I try to load the map I created, the ROM freezes.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Yeah changing to the other look down seems to have stopped that from happening, however, the trainer will not initiate a fight with me when I'm within his view radius, it is set to 0003 in a-map. If I walk up to and talk to him myself the fight does start.

That is because the trainerbattle needs to be the very first command in the script. Have you looked at any other trainer's scripts that work similarly?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
need help :(

ok so i just started playing pokemon light platnium and i like how they made the scenery it'a like pokemon diamond/pearl like the houses/routes/trees/benches and even NPC i just wanted to know how do i make my rom like that i want the diamond/pearl stuff i mean do i have to apply some patches ty

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
ok so i just started playing pokemon light platnium and i like how they made the scenery it'a like pokemon diamond/pearl like the houses/routes/trees/benches and even NPC i just wanted to know how do i make my rom like that i want the diamond/pearl stuff i mean do i have to apply some patches ty
...you mean the tiles? There are a bunch of tutorials in the Tutorials section if you want to change them. All you need is the tiles you want to insert, it's quite easy. :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hello guys. Finally slowly getting back at rom hacking.
Here's the question:

In JPAN's FR Engine, can I still make the hack work with the multiplayer thingies (Colosseum, Trade, Battle)? Thanks. ^_^

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years

You should know the basics of hacking the roms....... first learn to map then changing the tilesets then scripting and then more things about it if your a beginner feel free to check out the Tutorials Section! :15:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
Please :/ This is important for me and my crew and google didnt help at all

Hey guys, I didn't know exactly where to put this, so I'm just gonna put this here.

I've been using AdvanceMap, and I want to make my own maps. I use the 'New Map' selection, but when I try to load the map I created, the ROM freezes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back