• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Generation?

Which Generation of Pokemon do you like best?

• Total voters

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
Years
Alright, so which generation do you like the most? surely everyone most have one they prefer over the others or think other past a tertian gen are just butchering Pkmn as we know it.

For me the second gen would have to be my favorite, especially game wise. Be able to play through both the Johto and Kanto leagues was awesome, not to mention the music in the games was fairly awesome.
And the pkmn selection it added was great too...but once the 3rd and 4th came along it just seemed to go a bit down hill from there pkmn wise, most of them just don't give me that feeling I get fomr the first two gens and the games...well 3rd gen, I hated all that surfing involved just made it boring real fast. The 4th gen games were alright, but a bit more slow paste in parts, but being on DS was a plus for it...

anyways you've heard my choice, now lets hear yours

Poll is coming within moments

Years
its gota be second generation because it has an awsome sounds the best set out the perfect ammount of surfing with out making it boring the best pokemon the being able to go to the kanto region and all that then it has to be 4th generation then its gotta be 3rd generation and then 1st generation

MetalMEB

O_______O
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2012
Second and first gen FTW. I just love 'em. They also had good storylines and music.

I mean... I love a lot of the 3rd generation Pokes, and I enjoyed R/S/E, but a lot of things went downhill in the 3rd gen IMO... And 4th... Well, I haven't really grown to love it yet. Just the Pokes, you know? Also I wish the storyline was a bit better in the last 2 gens.

grassguy

All hail Grovyle!
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2011
Mine is the third generation, the pokemon weren't like the ones from the 1st and 2nd gens but I found the selection and choice spread out very evenly. The lack of new pokemon in the 2nd and 4th gens put them down and the 1st gen just didn't appeal.
I loved the 3rd gen storyline but I agree with there being to much surfing.
If we look at my top 10 favourite pokemon:
Grovyle
Charizard
Torkoal
Flygon
Aerodactyl
Toxicroak
Feraligatr
Snorunt
Heatran
Sableye
5 are from 3rd Gen.
2 from 4th and 1st Gens.
And 1 from the 2nd gen.

Decypher

Craig Marshall
Years
It was a hard choice between Kanto and Johto, but I chose Kanto in the end. You can't beat originals. (While usually anyway.)

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
2nd generation is the best. I just can't stop playing the game. With other generations, I just get bored.

Cid

Years
I've always liked originals, so I'd say the First Generation was the best... 2nd was good too, but 3rd and 4th aren't as good... Plus, Squirtle's from the 1st Gen too [which is my favorite Pokemon]!

Golden Dragon

Dragon Breeder
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 13, 2008
the second!!! johto was the best by a long way..
it had the best starters,
lugia,
the 3 legendary birds...
the 3 legendary dogs/cats
but the third was good 2 cos it gave us latias.

so i'd give johto a: 10/10
and hoehn a: 7/10
it gave us some decent pokemon they looked sane (always a good sign)
but in sinohh u get stuff like bidoof what sort of a name is that! and it looks like a retard itrealy does!

they should make a gold and silver ds and a limited edition one called: Revolution
and in that game there should be a new team called the draco alliance that foil one of team rockets plans and bring back lugia to beat XD

Last edited:

XaRhS

i mostly like the 3d's generation pokemon but i also like the 2nd's generation pokemon.but i voted for the 3rd

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
Second! It is just the best really.
This really should have a poll..

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
First started it all, but the second has the best Pogeymanz in it in my opinion.

Why is this multiple choice? How noobish. ಠ_ಠ

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
the 2nd gen! it added so much to the games, how could you not like it? i was sad when i found out that R/S/E had no day/night system....

Last edited:

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
Years
2nd gen. Why? 1st gen was awesome but felt like it was lacking. 2nd was just perfect, loved going back to Kanto an dfighting Red/Blue.3rd just general bad started to over do things and screwed up the classic Red/Blue/Green/Yellow. 4th gen ovedid it to the extreme and made things too competative... 4th gen ruined the series IMO.

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
Years
First started it all, but the second has the best Pogeymanz in it in my opinion.

Why is this multiple choice? How noobish. ಠ_ಠ
Nothing Noonbish about it, not everyone is able to just pick one so i thought might as well. now the noobish thing would be to vote on them all or just one that conflict with each other.

but I'm glad to see that the 2nd gen is the one getting the most love

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2011
Second generation. These are the reasons it is my favorite:

-Johto's buildings and cities are simply elegant
-Johto is awesome for the reason above and because of the geography
-Most of my favorite Pokes are 2nd gen
-Gold and Silver (the manga characters) are awesome
-It has the cutest Pokemon that ever lived! And that would be Tyranitar!
-Johto was the first region to actually have a history (In the games)!

Last edited:

Moonlit Umbreon

Elusive Within The Shadows
Years
1st and 2nd generation DEFINATE. You just can't beat the all-time originals, people are right when they say that the 3rd and 4th generations have lost their likeness. The truth is, pokemon are becoming less like pokemon and more like creatures from the planet mars in my opinion. Who in the heck thought of Purugly? Atleast they got one thing right, It clearly suits it's name. =C

Back