• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you get HG/SS on the day it came out?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
I got both of them on the day they came out (and the guide book)

I walk in, there's a good bit of people (There's usually only 0-3 people other than me if I go in, this time there were like 15... My friends say there's usually 0-3 people, as well.)
and I get in the shorter line... One person was in front of me, leaving just as I got into line. I start pulling my proof of pre-order out of my pocket (My receipt) and the woman says "You here to pick up pokemon?" I reply with a yes, and give her my receipt. She pulls a guidebook of the stack of guidebooks on the desk, pulls out HG and SS, puts them on top, and grabs the figurines, puts them on top of the guide book...
I walk out (Spending like 45 dollars in trade-in and money, cause I had SS payed off, and a 5 dollars on the guide and HG)

Seeing the way the games look on top of the guide book, I decided to set up a little thing in my room...

Spoiler:

The Image is pretty big, so I put it in spoilers :P

Years
  • Age 35
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 21, 2010
I did...the midnight release... And though I was definitely not the oldest...I was one of two girls lol...and the other girl was with me
So many memories :) LOVE HG

iRawr

Poli?
Years
  • Age 26
  • Uk
  • Seen Apr 5, 2010
Well I plan to... Still hasn't been released in the UK yet...

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
i got it the day it came out, it was pretty weird though becuase it was my two friends and I, and we are all 19, felt pretty nerdy but i have to say it was worth it.

we were also the only ones waiting for the store to open.

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
Years
Nope, don't even have plans on getting it. Platinum WiFi Battles ftw ;p

Years
I am going to, preordering it soon, it hasn't been released in England yet, Imma get a Figurine! XD
And this should be a Poll.

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
Well, I had the JPN version when it came out, sold it to a guy from Collage after I finished Johto, and I am getting my PAL version TOMORROW, My friends shop didn't import the NTSC versions because they are getting the limited edition 3D box versions today, for sale tomorrow, so I could say HA HA to everyone who has to wait another week for there PAL versions, but I am nicer than that so I'll feel sorry for them instead XD.

Deathshot

Unregistered User
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 20, 2019
I got it the Day after because UPS doesn't run on Sunday... XD

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Ordered it on March 15th at 16:30.

It came on March 17th at 11:30.

Less than 2 days, free delivery. Go Future Shop / Best Buy!

I would've gotten it the day it came out but I didn't know how to work my bank card :\ and I needed the French version anyway, so I still would have had to order it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I bought both HG and SS in stores on March 14th. The weather was awful, so it was really hard to get to the store and back, but it was worth it. So far, I've started HG, and I'm saving SS for a couple of weeks (until April break).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I got it yesterday. At first, it didn't really interest me to get it which is why I didn't get it on the day it came out or pre-ordered it or anything from somewhere. I started wanting to get it just after it came out, but didn't have the money to get it since I only had $20.00 or so in my bank account and had some purchases I made prior to that still in the process of going through the bank so if I used that I would have been overdrawn and that would just... not be good. So I asked my dad to get it for me two days ago on the way home from work the next day, which he did.

Back