• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first Shiny?

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Been playing since i was 3, literally. Found my first shiny 3 days ago. It was a Shellmet. Got a trusty friend to trade/trade-back so i now have a badass looking Accelgor.

Regards, Chris

Years
To this day, I have never caught a shiny :'( - excluding Red Gyarados in Lake of Rage since that's an event in game.

Lunar Crescent

I choose you pikachu!
Years
My first shiny was a Shiny Hoothoot i caught around Mr.Pokemon's area in Crystal, I was thinking it was a glitch as it wasn't the same color as the other ones and i looked it up and i was sooooooooo happy!

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
The first shiny I saw (and caught) was a shiny Graveler that I found using the PokéRadar in Pokémon Diamond. xD

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
My first encounter with a shiny was a shiny Geodude that ran away in FireRed, First one i caught was a shiny Staravia in Diamond... I'm currently using her in my SoulSilver runthrough

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
First shiny I caught was a whismur in Pokemon Sapphire. I remember being completely new to the games and thinking I got this much better version of whismur when it was just a different colored version of it.

Years
First shiny I saw was the Red Gyarados in Gold. Considering that doesn't count, the first shiny I officially caught was a Sableye in Pokemon Emerald. I was waiting for my neighbour to come and battle with me one day as we were doing a Pokemon Emerald playthrough together. He had me waiting forever so I decided to do a little training in that cave in Dewford. And walluh! I found and caught myself my very own Sableye. I named him... shiny ._.

Years
my first shiny was a lavitar in the orignal pokemon silver (second gen) in 2000
sadly i couldnt transfer :-(
in third gen it was a koffing in cinnibar mansion and yes i still have it! untrained!

Been playing since i was 3, literally. Found my first shiny 3 days ago. It was a Shellmet. Got a trusty friend to trade/trade-back so i now have a badass looking Accelgor.

Regards, Chris

been playing since you were 3?
and you knew how to read perfectly
im a veteran palyer since 1998 dude!

Last edited:

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
The latest Shiny I found was a shiny Haxorus on Black and White 2, I've captured it! Just complete the Pokedex and Juniper will give you a ticket and you can go to that resort. I found my Haxorus there.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
My first shiny was a shiny goldeen in heartgold. I nearly died when I found him.

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2013
Besides the red gyarados, the only shiny I've seen, or caught was a shiny bidoof in the safari zone on pearl. lol

Pillowing

A dash of luck!
Years
My very first shiny was an Oddish in pokemon silver! I remember being in awe over it after I realized my game wasn't glitching - it was a new feature!

And it's funny, my second shiny was an oddish on that same game too. I never got another until last year, my shiny zubat on HeartGold! Johto just loves me I think.

Adin Terim

Absolutely Insane
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
The first shiny I saw was a tangela in Crystal, it ran away :( Then I spent a good ten minutes looking for it again not understanding how shiny pokemon work :/

Years
Shiny Gyarados on gold? beside that Shiny Nidoran in Leaf Green's best place to find a Shiny Pokemon.... Safari Zone... It escaped.... the first I realy caught was in Emerald a Shiny Ralts, I was hunting modest Ralts when I found my precious thing, I cloned it a few times and began to sell them to friends. Now I am the proud owner of a Shiny Gardevoir and Galade on Diamond (my laziness at the time not training it directly was my biggest luck)

Guy

just a guy
Years
Absol was the first shiny Pokémon I ever caught back in Ruby. Unfortunately, being a naive little kid back then, I didn't know how rare finding a Shiny Pokémon even was. To make matters worse, when I first encountered the shiny Absol, I didn't even recognize that it was a different color than normal. I was lucky enough to be looking for one at the time and managed to catch it, otherwise I would have let it get away.

It's too bad I liked re-playing Ruby so much though, because I no longer have it anymore.

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
Years
First shiny.. was a Voltorb back in Pokemon G/S/C. I thought I glitched the game somehow, but caught the Voltorb regardless. It was blue and awesome and I was 6. xD

Back