• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Volt Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
P o k e m o n V o l t V e r s i o n

Hello guys, and Welcome to Pokemon Volt version.
Hack of: Firered.

I n t r o d u c t i o n
You live in Soren Town, a small town near the ocean. Rumors have been flying around for weeks about Team Volt, a group of rebels who have declared their leadership over the rest of the world.
Also in the Morainn region, lives Zapdos. He is said to live on the highest peak of Mt. Lightning. Team Volt want to catch him. However, so do you.

F e a t u r e s

D/P/B/W Pokemon Inserted!
Explore the Morainn region!
Fight Team Volt!
Adventure through cave, water and sky!
Catch D/P/B/W legendaries as well as some FR/LG ones.

S c r e e n s h o t s
Spoiler:

P r o g r e s s

Soren Town
Mapping 100%
Scripting 30%

Soren Pass
Mapping 100%
Scripting 70%

Ojel City
Mapping 80%
Scripting 40%

C r e d i t s

TB Pro - B/W Resized Spirite Pack
Full Metal - Grass Battle Background
Me - Mapping, Tileinserting, Basic Scripting
You - If I forgot you contact me.

D o w n l o a d s

None yet! :(

Note: I'd appreciate it if someone could do CSS for this thread.

DVK

Hack based-God
Years
a new hack on progressing hacks, i can't really say whether this hack is good or not by the information you provided, but what i do see is that this hack could have potential and i wish you luck with it :)

Years
a new hack on progressing hacks, i can't really say whether this hack is good or not by the information you provided, but what i do see is that this hack could have potential and i wish you luck with it :)

Thanks.

At this point I'm trying to find someone to do the script where you get your Pokemon. I'm probably gonna use the B/W starters, but anyone have some other suggestions?

grotle_grovyle

Incredibly Lazy Brainstormer
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Looks pretty awesome. Both B/W Pokemon and a new plotline? Can't wait to play it when it comes out :D

ahsome

Scripter Legend
Years
If you want a scripter ask me, I'm a good scripter that can do things like that
As long as you don't ask me to make a script like adding the PokeGear or something 0.o
Just PM me, and we will talk

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I'm not sure why, but looking at the tiles it looks like your trying to give a Pokémon Seinna feel. Which is okay after a while.
But oh well.

The mapping and scripting looks gooooooooood either way ;D

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
Your maps look very good, I see that the the game will also have the fifth generation of Pokemon, this makes it interresante, quite apart from that everything has harmony, the only one who could give an improved BatleBackGround this is that this very small and round.

Years
Looks pretty awesome. Both B/W Pokemon and a new plotline? Can't wait to play it when it comes out :D
Thanks. I plan on removing almost half the kanto pokemon to be replaced with pokemon from r/s/e/d/p/b/w.

If you want a scripter ask me, I'm a good scripter that can do things like that
As long as you don't ask me to make a script like adding the PokeGear or something 0.o
Just PM me, and we will talk
Thanks, I will.

I'm not sure why, but looking at the tiles it looks like your trying to give a Pokémon Seinna feel. Which is okay after a while.
But oh well.

The mapping and scripting looks gooooooooood either way ;D
I wan't deliberately trying to make it look like Sienna, but my tiles and mapping style are similar to Harry's. And I consider that a good thing. I love Sienna.

Your maps look very good, I see that the the game will also have the fifth generation of Pokemon, this makes it interresante, quite apart from that everything has harmony, the only one who could give an improved BatleBackGround this is that this very small and round.
Thanks.

New Idea
My idea (and please do not copy) is to change what H.M. FLY does. It'll slow the game down a bit, but I think it'll ultimately be more fun. My idea was when you use fly, you go up into the sky, and you can fly around the sky, and Pokemon like Pidove and Swablu appear. And it'll say like "You are approaching Soren Town. Would you like to land?" when you get close to your destination. I even plan on (although this will not be easy for the player) you being able to catch Rayquaza up there.

However, I don't plan on implementing this anytime soon, as it's not high on my list of priorities, which are:
Spoiler:

Let mw know what you think. :)

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
Years
New Idea
My idea (and please do not copy) is to change what H.M. FLY does. It'll slow the game down a bit, but I think it'll ultimately be more fun. My idea was when you use fly, you go up into the sky, and you can fly around the sky, and Pokemon like Pidove and Swablu appear. And it'll say like "You are approaching Soren Town. Would you like to land?" when you get close to your destination. I even plan on (although this will not be easy for the player) you being able to catch Rayquaza up there.

Let mw know what you think. :)

That is actually a REALLY cool sounding idea. I'd imagine you'd have to switch what Fly does with Dive. Then make that DIVE accessible on every tile(which I think you can do by changing the behavior byte on Advance Map) And basically just make a HUGE map that pretty much covers every city. But, then set flags that don't allow you to land anywhere you haven't been before. I'm glad you thought this up, 'cause now I really wanna see how this works.

Years
That is actually a REALLY cool sounding idea. I'd imagine you'd have to switch what Fly does with Dive. Then make that DIVE accessible on every tile(which I think you can do by changing the behavior byte on Advance Map) And basically just make a HUGE map that pretty much covers every city. But, then set flags that don't allow you to land anywhere you haven't been before. I'm glad you thought this up, 'cause now I really wanna see how this works.

Thanks. I'll explain a bit. I'm no ASM maniac (meaning I'm not good at it, but I wish I was), but the best I can figure it out, there are three parts needed to make it work:
Spoiler:

Today's News

Today I resolved to try and have an update every day, and have Beta 1 in 2 weeks. It's more work for me, but you guys are worth it.

I stayed up until 11:00 last night working on Volt, and therefore I've got some stuff to show you guys. It's mostly Ojel City. Check it out:

16.png
17.png
18.png
20.png
14.png
19.png
15-1.png
6-1.png

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Your flying idea is a good one.
And idea i actually thought of when I was a kid. :l
Great minds thing alike.
Although it will take alot of work (mainly ASM) to do so.

marcc5m

what
Years
New Idea
Uhh...what? So nobody else can use this idea because you said? I had this idea ages ago (but decided against it), does that mean you can't use it?

2-13.png

Why would anyone put a signpost where nobody can read the front of it?
7-3.png

Uhh...probably best you went back to the old backgrounds, this looks really bad. :)
15-1.png

And if you do change the battle backgrounds, change all of them.

Story doesn't say much so I can't really comment on that.
Same about the features.

Looks decent, just fix up all of the above.

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2011
Looks promising although it would be better to insert the tileset different from those based

Years
Your flying idea is a good one.
And idea i actually thought of when I was a kid. :l
Great minds thing alike.
Although it will take alot of work (mainly ASM) to do so.

I know. Thanks.

Uhh...what? So nobody else can use this idea because you said? I had this idea ages ago (but decided against it), does that mean you can't use it?

2-13.png

Why would anyone put a signpost where nobody can read the front of it?
7-3.png

Uhh...probably best you went back to the old backgrounds, this looks really bad. :)
15-1.png

And if you do change the battle backgrounds, change all of them.

Story doesn't say much so I can't really comment on that.
Same about the features.

I mean don't copy my exact ideas. And please don't say:
You can make suggestions, but please don't tell me what to do.
This is my hack.

Looks promising although it would be better to insert the tileset different from those based
I have inserted some new tiles, I'm doing FR/LG style.

marcc5m

what
Years
I know. Thanks.

I mean don't copy my exact ideas. And please don't say:

You can make suggestions, but please don't tell me what to do.
This is my hack.

I have inserted some new tiles, I'm doing FR/LG style.

I was giving you some constructive criticism to help you improve your hack, no need to be such a jerk about it HackDeoxys.
If you are going to be rude to people who try to be helpful, your hack has no future.

Years
I was giving you some constructive criticism to help you improve your hack, no need to be such a jerk about it HackDeoxys.
If you are going to be rude to people who try to be helpful, your hack has no future.
1. OK, I'm sorry, I overreacted.
2. I'm not HackDeoxys, how many times do I have to tell you?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I'm going to go ahead and have to agree with Fireworks. If you're gonna change the battlegrounds it's a good idea to change all of them, not just the grass. Speaking of the grass battleground I assume you're using that one Rombase from the Rom Hacking Resource thread and that's the reason that only the tall grass has altered battlegrounds. It's a good idea to either learn how to import others or find someone who can insert them well cause to be honest the current battleground is far from impressive. Just imaging what would happen in the case of a double battle. One of the Pokemon would be falling right off the platform.
On the topic of tiles they look good, but they remind me too much of Sienna. Even the mountain palettes bare too much of a resemblance to Harry's. This is just my opinion.
The maps [namely the lab?/place with computers] seem empty. It'd be a good idea to either make them smaller or fill them up some more.

Also one more thing: the Fly idea, as good as it sounds on paper, seems a bit over-ambitious. Especially since the reality of it is that you probably don't even know where to begin implement an idea like that. Heck, a vast majority of hackers here [including myself] wouldn't know where to begin with that. Either way good luck on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back