• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaf Green Party for Elite 4

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2012
Hi,
I picked up my gameboy to play Leaf Green today because I've been playing Black so much. I am at the Elite 4, however I'm not sure if my party is good enough, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to improve it :)
This is my Party:
Lapras, Lv.38
Surf, Body Slam, Confuse Ray, Psychic
Venusaur, Lv.43
Solarbeam, Frenzy Plant, Razor Leaf, Earthquake
Zapdos, Lv.52
Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Fly, Drillpeck
Moltres, Lv.51
Fire Spin, Agility, Overheat, Flamethrower
Articuno, Lv.51
Mist, Blizzard, Mind Reader, Ice Beam
Primeape, Lv.41
Cross Chop, Rock Slide, Brick Break, Focus Punch

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Lapras is a great Pokemon and a good tank. I'm surprised you let it fall so far behind. If I remember right, it can learn Thunderbolt. Scrap Body Slam for it.

Venusaur cries for Toxic or some status move. Three Grass moves are awful. Solarbeam takes too much time to use unless you have Sunny Day up, which...not really worth it in gen III. Frenzy Plant doesn't have a ton of PP to work with and is also a waste because you lose a turn to recharge. Sadly, I think Razor Leaf is the best thing out of those Grass moves. Earthquake is fine, though you probably should have taught it to the Primeape instead, if he can learn it. Most Fighting types usually can, so... You could also consider Sludgebomb, but eh...

Zapdos needs Thunderbolt or even Thunder. Thundershock is not going to cut it.

Moltres with three Fire moves...gross. I'd rather have Fly instead of Fire Spin. It's that bad.

Articuno doesn't need Mist either. Sadly, I'm running out of ideas lol. Gen III gives most of your team shallow movepools. You could be lolzy and teach it Water Pulse if you'd like. Give you coverage against Rock types lol.

Primeape seems...okay...I...guess...umm...yeah.

If you grind to level 55, like the poster above recommended, you shouldn't be too bad. Sadly, most of the Pokemon you have just...have really shallow movepools this generation. Lapras probably has the most diverse out of all of them.

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2012
Thanks for all the advice, I wish I could go back and stop myself from making some very bad decisions :/ I meant to say thunderbolt for Zapdos, because I gave thunder to Raichu when I used to use him. I don't have any poison type TM's, or any good options for Moltres apart from Fly. I should have replaced Primeape a while back really...

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
As long as you have some healing items, you should be good, if you can get your Lapras some levels first. You might have some trouble with Agatha's ghosts, but as long as you make sure you have good matchups, I think you can do it.

Back