• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gilded Halls ★ OOC+SU

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
This from the person with a beautiful girl for a character? Tsk tsk.

Haha, just kidding, I've watched too much TV and anime not to appreciate the humor of people being nekkid. I can't wait to (Hopefully) be a part of this happy group here so far, working on my SU right now.

You know, I think she's got other reasons for wanting to see you nekkid than just 'for the sake of the RP' :x We've figured you out, missy!

Years
OMG, can there please be a spiral staircase for the dorms? or something grand like this:

_51422940_06.jpg

A bit old-fashioned, but pretty!

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
O.o Oh my, maybe I shouldn't make my character bashful around girls...may make life awkward for him if-wait what am I talking about? It's school, of course it will be awkward for a young man, ESPECIALLY for a guy bashful around girls at a school for extraordinary youngs-I mean kids with special powers beautiful female/closet pervert away Mac!

Man I hope there is a professor almost as awesome as Xavier...I also hope the lounge has lots of cheese.

Dangit guys, stop distracting me with your awesome! I need to finish my SU XD

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
The professors are few and far between, the headmaster however... hopefully I'll be able to portrait him how I imagine it right now.

Good work so far guys! I am reading the IC thread as I see people are already arriving - yay! >120 posts?! Good lord have mercy on my thread.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
Baha, I've tried to avoid this :X since the cast is so international.

Technically, it is in England/The UK. However, that's pretty much just because of the vocabulary I am used to using.

It is relatively isolated :) so rural England.
Wait, it's abroad then? *flails around and edits his post*

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Spots available, you say? My SU is done, soooo yeah! Hopefully I am not missing anything, and I'm willing to make changes if needed~

Note: this is the first time I'm recycling a character, so it was hard to convert it from a Pokemon trainer to "girl with plant powers" lol

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I gotta ask. Do -we- know that this school is for 'special' kids? 'Cause according to the OOC sign-up thingie, it said 'but you will soon find out', so I figured that the letter didn't mention anything about the kids being special, but rather just seemed like a regular letter. So Swift, which is it? :o

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I gotta ask. Do -we- know that this school is for 'special' kids? 'Cause according to the OOC sign-up thingie, it said 'but you will soon find out', so I figured that the letter didn't mention anything about the kids being special, but rather just seemed like a regular letter. So Swift, which is it? :o

Students can know they have powers, but they don't know that the school is exclusively for /special/ kids, yes.

Little do the male-owners know that there is a secret sex-change lab under the dormitory, MUHAHAHAHAHA.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Students can know they have powers, but they don't know that the school is exclusively for /special/ kids, yes.

Little do the male-owners know that there is a secret sex-change lab under the dormitory, MUHAHAHAHAHA.

That's what I thought, thanks :D Matthias is gonna be in for a surprise sooner rather than later!

Sorry, there's no female version of the name Matthias, I can't go into the program :(

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
@Meganium90: Man, I hope you know where that picture for Selena is from. /softcough (actually I am a little surprised to see it, but presumably you didn't get it by searching its actual context... OR MAYBE YOU DID IDK)

Also yes, the gender imbalance is pretty heavy. I would've signed up as a female character, but you know, I can't don't want to play female characters all the time! (Though finding a picture becomes exponentially easier since everybody on pixiv draws female characters but only a few draw non-androgynous non-trap-esque male characters.)

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Awh, if I knew you guys wanted more girls, I'd have signed up with a female character. Gosh darnit :P

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Would it be possible to expand on a character's specific ability later in the RP? Like, the character discovers a new way to use their ability?

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
I usually 50/50 my characters between males and females, but I wanted to give a male character the chance this time. Also, Riley is a recycled character, and I am not gonna gender bender him, because that would be silly! *falls down through the gender bender lab trap doors*

Sephear

Years
Full name: William Valerius Coenen (Pernounced Kur-nen, it's German :P)

Appearance: (Anybody who has seen more than 1 of my SUs for any reason should be prepared for this, I'm not very creative when it comes to the body of a person I make, usually loosely based on myself, but better and fitting any unique talents they have.)
Liam is tall and thin, standing at 6'1 and weighing 155 pounds despite being thin and without much if any muscle definition. He is pretty pale yet without freckles and has deep emerald green eyes (seen it already but oh well I was going to do it before I read all the other SUs anyways) with larger than average irises. His hair is naturally blond but due to not loving the desert sun nearly as much as the Californian sun it's faded from it's once perfectly-gold to a much duller blond, almost brown, but when the light reflects off of it it has a tint to it the makes it so one can tell he's blond anyways. His hair is always filled with long shallow curls that get more out of the control the longer it is so he usually keeps it just short enough that his bangs won't poke his eyes. Liam's features are handsome but graceful in a masculine way, his looks and movements are regal, you could almost think he was descended from royalty if his personality didn't shatter that part of the image.

Liam isn't too picky about clothing, he usually wears regular denim blue jeans and a T-shirt, tending towards black and white shirts with unique graphics on them. He also has green and blue button-down plaid shirt, he loves plaid but (like most things) thinks it looks much better on women. His shoes are the only thing special about his attire, his casual shoes are a unique pair that fit very comfortably, have good traction, and look pretty nice with a white main body, black fabric, and crimson trim. He also has a very nice pair of black dress shoes for anything formal, he got both his pairs of shoes from a great great uncle who still lives in Germany.

History: Liam was born in a medium sized town in California and lived in a quiet neighborhood cut off from the ridiculousness of the rest of the state when he was younger. From the moment he was moving around he seemed to have great clarity and precision, stacking his blocks almost perfectly aligned to each other, for a while his parents were worried he was obsessively compulsive but his early actions turned out to be caused by a much stranger aspect. Liam continued to do things impressively well, once when he was too young to understand hurting other creatures he threw a rock and bullseyed a pigeon right out of the air, his mom was horrified and made him help her nurse it back to health, which greatly colored his appreciation for the sanctity of life. His early life was normal and uneventful until the immigration boom in California got out of hand and his father was laid off in favor of men who would work for 4$ an hour and he couldn't find another job. Eventually the family moved to a tiny town in the Mojave desert when an old acquaintance who needed work done on his house hired Liam's father to help out.

The town was rumored to be part of a great school system, but it wasn't very long before they found out that just wasn't the case. The school only had a few employees who actually gave a damn about their students, NOT including the principal and early on Liam was bullied, it didn't help matters that he was bitter about moving at first. He almost got expelled when his main bully pushed him, he ignored the thoughts swirling through his head about how much he'd like to knock the guy in the face and when he went to push him back his hands went higher and WAY faster than he expected. He ended up hitting the bully right in the adams apple. He was made to begrudgingly offer the bully his apologies and everything continued on for a while, he tried to do well but Liam never seemed to be able to focus on anything unless it interested him, there were times when he literally stared at a teacher's face and board for a whole lesson, and still didn't absorb any knowledge from it all. The only physical activity that Liam really enjoyed was swimming, and since it was so hot outside any time of the year but winter he became a lot less playful and spent most of his time reading books or playing videogames.

Despite his focus problems Liam always seemed to do wonderfully at anything he focused if it didn't require too much physical exertion at a time, he always aced assignments in English class and he could pitch and hit with near perfect accuracy in Baseball, but he did much better at pitching because he wasn't all that good at running with how much less exercise he got than when he was a kid. One day the school's drama club went on a trip to a much bigger school in Las Vegas for a collaboration, while they were there Liam got the chance to practice at an archery range. He quickly found that as long as he visualized what he wanted before releasing, every arrow he launched hit the target perfectly, even from distances where regardless of his skill the bow shouldn't have been capable of precision, little did he know just who was watching that day. Liam's life continued to be boring for quite a bit longer, his friends were all busy more often than him and he never had any luck in romance because he couldn't seem to talk to a girl unless it was casual. There were multiple times Liam found out that a girl he was friends with HAD liked him and would have gone out with him...after she was already with somebody else or they were in each other's respective friend zones. So nothing really happened until Liam got his letter from Gilded Halls, he was ecstatic, he would really miss his friends and his parents but that town was a pit of stagnation, and he relished an opportunity to get out. It only sweetened the deal that the school was in England, Liam had always wanted to visit other countries, particularly England, Germany, Scotland, Ireland and Italy. As soon as his parents verified Gilded Halls was a legitimate educational establishment they arranged for him to get there.

Ability name: Marksman's Precision

Explanation: Liam has amazing eyesight, he always seems to see every detail of what he's looking at and when something is far away it's almost as if he could zoom in his own vision and see it as if it were much closer. He's not exactly sure if they're related but he also has really good reflexes, can keep his hands perfectly still if he wants, and can hold his breath for a long time with no physical conditioning. He has the potential to one day make his arms move extremely fast and possibly even improve his sight if it's more than just good eyes.

Limitations: Liam doesn't really have any limitations as of yet so to speak, he just can't do all that much yet, the main drawback to his eyesight as that when he is focused on one object it greatly reduces his peripheral vision and he has a hard time focusing on more than one thing so far, he practices a lot to try to improve on it. And of course the harder he looks at something the more sensitive his eyes became, making a stray ray of light across a mirror for instance dangerous to his vision.

Room Number: 1

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
@Meganium90: Man, I hope you know where that picture for Selena is from. /softcough (actually I am a little surprised to see it, but presumably you didn't get it by searching its actual context... OR MAYBE YOU DID IDK)

I found that image on Safebooru under the brunette category. Like I said, it's a recycled character and this character's been in my skydrive and I've been wanting to use her in a roleplay until now. It was just.. there and I got it. should i be worried...?

If all possible, I can just go ahead and gender swap Selena, just so I could balance the ratio. lol

Sephear

Years
No way, we need more girls not less =D Especially if they're played by real girls, sadly I can't help with the ratio, I only RP guys because I don't feel I understand the mind of a girl well enough for it hehe, and most of my characters are fantastical twists of myself.

Btw Meganium, wanna be roomies? It would be hilarious =D If not I totally call dibs on room 2 with Riley, I have a long running joke about 'Level 2' And I'm sure Riley and William would get along well.

Also, just so everyone knows, I failed to find a place in my SU to note the detail that Will prefers nicknames to real names (Unless someone has a particularly cool/beautiful name) and he likes to be called Liam, Will, or Lee.

Back