• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Will you be using any of the new Pokémon on your team?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
With Yamper's reveal, I can see myself using one early game, but ditching it once a better Electric type becomes available

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I always make it a thing to only use the new Pokemon in initial playthroughs, with priority placed on ones that weren't revealed at all. It's definitely too early for me to completely decide a team, though I usually think about it as I play. Though I'm team Sobble for sure, and Corviknight looks CLEAN, so I might pick it up too. The rest, I'm not sure. Might save one for the legendary, as I typically do.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 14, 2022
Grookey- 50% chance
Scorbunny- 30% chance
Sobble- 20% chance
Wooloo- 20% chance
Gossifleur- 10% chance
Eldegoss- 30% chance
Drednaw- 50% chance
Corviknight- 50% chance
Yamper- 100% chance
Impidimp- 30% chance

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 1, 2023
Hmmm....

I'm thinking Scorbunny, Wooloo, Corviknight, Yamper, Impidimp and then any water type that works well.

Years
I always try to do first run through with new pokemon but a few old ones sneak in if I come across them, only new starter and regional bird are definites

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I will be making it a point to use every new Pokemon that is released, but Wooloo and Impidimp are a definite yes.

Years
the only two i'm pretty 100% on are sobble and yamper :fufu: beyond that, i guess we'll see who else is revealed. i like all of the new pokémon revealed thus far, i just don't necessarily see myself using them all.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
My mind is set on using Grookey if it has a decent final evo. Definitely see myself using Corviknight if its stats are decent. And Yamper cause its too cute to say no to.

Sugar-Fable

Pokemon Princess
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
So far - besides the starters - I'll definitely have a Yamper on my team. I plan to catch a Wooloo but I'm not sure it'll stay on my main team till the end~

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
will give a couple a chance (do hope Eevees are found early in the game)

Scorbunny as the starter
Corviknight
-- regional cat for sure - a must in every team I have --
any other that catches my attention, haven't decided

Last edited:

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
At first glance, I would pick Corviknight & Impidimp, because I love the design, and I am interested in seeing what a Dark/Fairy type would bring to the table respectively.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 21, 2022
Corviknight for sure, if impidemp (if thats its name) evolves ,I'll use it. If yamper is a single stage pokemon I'll pass, I have a fondness for dog pokemon but yamper looks silly. Scorbunny will be my starter for the first playthrough, but i'm considering using my sister's switch to trade over the other starters on my save to see how all 3 play. I plan on using gen 8 pokemon only during the campaign, I hope the rest revealed aren't silly looking

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
There's still plenty of new Pokemon to be revealed I'm sure so I'm holding off on anything beyond my starter (definitely picking Sobble I'm sure no contest) but out of the ones we have seen so far Corviknight and Yamper are definitely on my 'very possible' list. Wooloo too depending on how it evolves/if it does! But that's already four Pokemon so who knows what's going to end up being on my final team in the end!

What I do know is that it'll all be Galar Pokemon since that's how I always try to play a new generation

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 28, 2024
I also am going to try to use Galar Pokemon, but as of right now, the only Pokemon I definitely want on my team is Rolycoly. I think they look really cute with their one eye.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I will be using nothing, but new pokemon. I hate using old pokemon when it comes to new generations, which is one massive reason Gen 5 is one of my favorites. Currently, I don't have much of an idea of who I want to use, but Corviknight is definitely a strong possibility. I am waiting to see if we get any new Ice Pokemon, which I will be very disappointed if we get less than 6.

I am also waiting to see what the fighting types of the region will look like.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
With the new Pokemon revealed, I'm thinking of something like this:
-The starter
-Corviknight
-Impidimp or Alcremie
-Eldegoss (unless I end up picking Grookey)
-Drednaw (unless I end up picking Sobble)

Still not decided on the rest yet.

Last edited:
Years
Very interested in using Alcremie as well as Wooloo now that I've seen it, but still have to see more of what's available!

Back