• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Tales of Sinnoh: Dimensions (M) (OOC)

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Spoiler:

Sorry for the wait! The IC will start on Friday evening, so I hope you're excited!

The server is also made! You can join via this link: https://discord.gg/v3emmNP

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
My first application in quite some time.

13522f9b393108d0db5910c7ac2cc5c9--nintendo-games-fire-emblem-awakening.jpg

Name: Soren Garreth

History:

Spoiler:

Strengths:
- Tactical
Since a young age, Soren has had a gift for tactful thinking. Rushing in and getting ahead of oneself isn't conductive to success and he knows this better than anyone. Soren considers himself especially skilled in formulating effective long term strategies and enacts them as best he can in his day to day life and the battlefield both, usually to varying degrees of success. He favors a slow and methodical approach to pokémon battling, weighing his teams abilities and moves against those of his opponents carefully before making a decisive move. His preferred style is double battling, as he believes that his pokémon's true power is evident in their bonds with their trainer and fellow pokémon both.

- Determined
When the going gets tough, then Soren gets going. Just because a situation amps up in difficulty it doesn't mean it's time to lose your cool. Soren has a cool and focused form of determination and when he sets his mind to a goal he won't stop pursuing it until he succeeds or confirms it to be impossible at the current point in time. He considers this trait of his personality to be infectious and does his best to convince others to adopt his mindset. Every person and pokémon has an untold potential locked away, it only takes a little dedication to see it realized.

- Studious
Soren is a bookworm by nature and has read hundreds of books since he first learned to read, from modern day novellas of fantastic tales, to dusty old tomes of battle strategies, it's a very rare event to find Soren without some old hardback in his arms. Due to his frequent reading, he is astoundingly knowledgeable for his age and level of field experience when it comes to pokémon and travelling, he can identify most known species of pokémon and their types from as little as a silhouette and in times of need, he could easily locate the most likely spot for a medicinal berry to grow nearby. The true benefits of his retention show themselves during battle however, Soren's slow and steady approach to combat is one bespoke of great preparedness and knowledge of both his and his opponent's strategies. At present, Soren himself carries around a book he himself hopes to publish one day, a blank set of pages where he writes observations, strategies and summaries of his travels.

Weaknesses:
- Awkward
Social situations and Soren are not always the best combination. While he tends to be friendly enough and enjoys the prospect of keeping close friends, embarrassment is an emotion that easily gets to him. His face bursts as red as a voltorb and his words come out fumbled and lacking direction... sometimes at even the slightest compliment or a line of thought pulled directly from his own head! He has a unique talent for pushing others to express themselves and embrace their feelings... and yet he finds it oddly difficult to follow his own advice.

- Sleep-Deprived
A combination of nights spent awake reading and night terrors he's suffered from since he was a young child, Soren gets far less sleep than he should and this can show sometimes in his appearance and behavior. Dark circles under the eyes are common and often noticeable against his pale skin, his movements can be sluggish and clumsy and occasionally he can slur his words if he talks too quickly. In the worst case scenarios, Soren is liable to fall asleep while out in the open on any flat surface he rests upon for too long.

- Cold
In Soren's eyes, sometimes the world can become to suffused with strategies and numbers, to the point where in the heat of battle he can forget himself and his surroundings. While not exactly a "darker side", Soren has a persona where he becomes so determined and focused on the success of his ideas and goals that he can forge the affect his actions can have on the people around him. His pokémon and his allies, will always come first, but Soren might not realize the fear he might instill within the people he cares about in his efforts to protect them.

swablu.gif
Starter Pokémon: Swablu

Nickname: Ciel

Moveset: Peck, Sing, Safeguard, Disarming Voice, Mist, Dragon Rush

What are your goals?:
Soren's goal is to find a purpose amidst a crazy and bustling world. He believes that destiny is the purpose we find for ourselves, the route we choose to follow gladly is the one we were always meant to walk. Pursuing the gym challenge, engaging in pokémon contents, exploring the world and making friends and foes along the way. Soren wants to experience everything life has to offer, fully confident that along the way his destiny will be found.

Sorry for shamelessly stealing your CSS Nagi.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Name: Sora Tadokoro

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Sora is toned and fit. He tries to stay smaller, weight wise, but still healthy, so that he can move more freely when taking photos of pokemon. Sora normally wears clothing that allows him to move around easily. Depending on the environment, he will change his clothing so that he can sneak closer to pokemon with a lower chance of being detected. He doesn't like loose fitting clothes unless it is a jacket. This is mainly because, loose clothing can easily get snagged on branches, bark, and thorns when taking photos.

History:
Spoiler:

Strengths: Because of what happened when he was younger, he has become very independent and has studied a lot about how to survive in the wilderness. He is determined to do whatever it takes to finish his parents' dream. Having a brush with death has also made him far braver than he once was.

Weaknesses: Even though he is brave, he has trouble being around Ice-Type pokemon for one reason or another. Sometimes he will go through spells of depression when something reminds him of his father or mother. When it comes to sight, he doesn't like not being able to see, this is because there was no way to see when the Blizzard stopped them from seeing the avalanche which would had saved his parents if they could have seen it coming.

Starter Pokémon: Fletchling
Nickname: N?A
Moveset: Tackle, Quick Attack, Peck, Agility and Overheat

What are your goals?: Sora's goal is to finish what his parents started before they died, to make a full picture dex of every pokemon known to man. He also want to become a great Sky Battle Trainer. It would allow him to travel higher than most people and give him the ability to take pictures of pokemon that fly in their natural habitat, the sky.

I believe this is a little short. Tomorrow I'll see if I can make it longer if needed.

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years

cvzDir3.png

Name:
Brendan Caulfield

History​
Brendan was raised, and has lived a rather uneventful life as an only child between Twinleaf, his true hometown, and Sandgem, where he's currently staying.
His family owns some fields near Twinleaf, where many berries and vegetables are grown, and a restaurant near Sandgem's seashore where all of these products are used to create great meals, for both humans and Pokèmon. Because of this, he's frequently travelling from one town to the other and helping out his parents with their business - for example, by gathering berries or being a waiter during high season.
As Sandgem is a popular tourist destination, Brendan has the opportunity to meet many new people, both when he's working and when he's not. Of course, among them there are many trainers with different Pokémon - from young trainers with the likes of Shinx and Starly to veterans carrying powerful partners like Tyranitar. It doesn't matter if Brendan isn't a trainer: he'd still watch Pokémon battles in awe and try to learn a thing or two about them.
So, thanks to his family's business and his interest in Pokémon, Brendan has had many chances to find new friends. He gets along with many of his peers, from both Twinleaf and Sandgem Town, but also has some pen friends from other regions, who once were customers of his family's restaurant.

Appearance​
Brendan is 6' tall and fairly well built - not because he plays a certain sport in particular, but because he rides the bike very often to get around and sometimes helps his family with the fields they own. He has blue eyes and brown hair, that he usually cuts regularly.
While sometimes he wears formal outfits (for example, during important occasions or when working as a waiter), he's usually seen wearing more casual clothes. Something that Brendan can't do without, however, is a scarf - he always uses one when the weather gets colder.

Strengths​
In short, Brendan likes to make new friends. He's outgoing and eager to start a new conversation and, while he's not known for his sense of humor or his jokes, he tries to make up for it in loyalty. Brendan does his best to keep in touch with his acquaintances, to comfort them when times get rough, and in general to be a person they can count on.
Moreover, staying both in front of and behind the restaurant's kitchen doors has also taught him to keep secrets quite well: another trait that - in his mind, at least - should be quite appreciated.
If words fail, Brendan can always count on his cooking ability, which he honed by trying to recreate the restaurant's specialties and experiment with them. He knows many kinds of fruits and berries, how to gather them, and how to use them on Pokémon - but he can also make meals for people, like fruit salads. Give Brendan an actual kitchen, and he'll pull off some more complicated food as well!

Weaknesses​
Speaking of food, he can be quite picky about it, especially when it comes to ingredients. Specifically, he won't complain if a berry is slightly ruined, and use it regardless - what drives him crazy is food made badly or obtained industrially. That means, don't give him bright blue candies covered in sugar!
Brendan's arguably biggest weakness, however, has to do with his friends as well. In fact, he believes he's still to find a "best friend" that will stay close to him no matter what (and yes, that applies to romance as well). He also thinks that Pokémon could be the solution to this, as a trainer always travels with them by his or her side: so, Brendan will often refrain from trading Pokémon or letting them stay with other trainers, acting very protective towards them.
This belief of still having to find a best friend is tied with many other traits of Brendan's behavior, though. For example, in bad situations Brendan will often overthink or lack initiative - he'll often fall back on his friends' suggestions and put them before his own ideas, in order not to hurt their feelings. After all, his life has been relatively happy - he usually thinks - so his friends must know better.

Goals​
There are many reasons why Brendan would want to start such an adventure.
First of all, he'd get to know himself better: as obvious as that might sound, it's actually very helpful for someone like Brendan. He'd work on his lack of initiative, he'd learn to distinguish great friends from normal friends, and would find out if it's better to keep working in his family's business, or pursue his passion for Pokémon training.
Second of all, he'd finally obtain his own Pokémon, after spending such a long time watching other people battling in Sandgem Town, near his restaurant. Not to mention, he'd get to explore the entire Sinnoh region: that is, a lot of places that he's never been to but that he's heard of multiple times, because of the tourists he met in Sandgem.
And finally, by travelling with other trainers he'd have a big opportunity to find a "best" friend. Sometimes Brendan would wander why some people are so close to each other and to their Pokémon, and why it's not really the case for him. Yes, it could be a wrong belief, but it's one more reason for Brendan to start this journey and see for himself what bonds he's capable of creating...

horsea.gif

Starter Pokémon: Horsea
Nickname: Kelpsy
Moveset: Bubble, Smoke Screen, Leer, Icy Wind (Tutor), Rain Dance (TM)

yes that's Taki from "your name." :)

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

Er, reading your SU again, I had a thought -- your character seems a biiiiit too overpowered. D:

Do you tink you can trim him down? Like advanced hearing, and agility.. doesn't really seem like a good fit for a pokemo nRP such as this.

Years
Er, reading your SU again, I had a thought -- your character seems a biiiiit too overpowered. D:

Do you tink you can trim him down? Like advanced hearing, and agility.. doesn't really seem like a good fit for a pokemo nRP such as this.

Originally, the character is way more OP. Alright, I will do so more extra trimming.

Years
  • Age 29
  • CET
  • Seen Oct 7, 2021
hey guys! i was just curious about our origins, and if you thought our characters would maybe know each other before even setting out? i listed everyone down here who (sounds like they) came from Sandgem Town, and their ages (in case they could've been classmates or something y'know). if anyone's missing or if i got anyone wrong please correct me
- Emmy (15) was born and raised in Sandgem and lived there all her life.
- Laura (17) has been in Sandgem frequently, shadowing professor Rowan to learn from him, but doesn't live there
- Ryan (17) has lived in Sandgem for the past year after struggling in school elsewhere
- Brendan (17) has been in both Twinleaf and Sandgem a lot due to his family owning establishments in each, but seems to have focused in Twinleaf
- Estelle (17) sounds like she was living in Sandgem all along as well i think?
- Soren (18) lived in Sandgem for the past 5 years as i've been told!

considering most are older than Emmy i'm going to assume she wouldn't be personally acquainted with any of the others, though she might be familiar with their faces at least, considering Sandgem isn't the largest of cities.
if anyone thinks they might know Emmy more personally (possibly through her brother Will, who's 18 and left on his journey ~2 years ago) you can hmu though!

how about your characters? any thoughts?

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
Soren has indeed been living in Sandgem for the passed 5 years, though he hasn't been very social. ~

He lives in a small house on the outskirts of town, didn't really talk to anyone else bar hellos on the street... and doesn't like to talk about his home life...

But it's definitely likely that those who live in Sandgem town would recognize him as "that guy who lives on the edge of town and carries a book everywhere" haha.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
I actually never thought that aspect through.

Yes, Estelle was born and raised in Sandgem. It's a detail I definitely shouldn't have omitted. She definitely could have stumbled upon all of them. Were she to come across them she would recognize them, especially those in her age as a result of possibly being in the same classes growing up (which happen to be plenty).

I wouldn't mind at all having her recognize anybody as a result of past incidents or simply due to how frequently she came across them.

Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Spoiler:

Really awesome that you did this. In past RPs there has been people that have lived in the same town and same age, but have never known each other or seen each other at all. This has always slightly annoyed me a bit, but not enough to bring it up.

Which with big cities, I could see that being the case. Really glad you pointed this out though and thought I'd give you props for it, even though my character isn't from Sinnoh at all.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Are you still accepting SU's?

We're full, I'm afraid!

Anywho, to the rest of you all, the next route is posted! You can claim missions here:

Chapter 1 - Route 202

Sinnoh_Route_202_Map.png

Most trainer's first voyage is through Route 202. It is a route in southwestern Sinnoh, connecting Sandgem Town and Jubilife City. While the route is quite peaceful for trainers to travel through, in recent years, a wayward Ruin became discovered, a while away from a trail in the Route. Now, it became a significant place for researchers. On another trail leads to a certain grove. One can see a crowd is gathered up here -- this is the start of Sinnoh's very first Bug-Catching competition. What sorts of things will be in store for our trainers? Time will tell...

Available Pokemon (they can learn moves up to level 15):

taillow.gif
pidove.gif
kricketot.gif
shinx.gif
zigzagoon.gif
sentret.gif
growlithe.gif
lotad.gif

dunsparce.gif
seedot.gif
poochyena.gif
ponyta.gif
psyduck.gif

Missions:
(missions are there for you to do in case you don't have any idea son what you wanna do. You do not have to do any of these missions, as you can also make up your own post for this route. But if you do, you can gain the awards that are featured! Claim a mission in the OOC.)

---

Major Missions:
(Some of these are missions that have a storyline, in parts, where anyone can join. Due note that there are certain conditions and restrictions from these, so make sure you read them properly!)

Wayward Traveler, Pegasus - Part 1

Pegasus is a strange, yet curious researcher, who lost his memory. He seeks the nearby ruins of this area, which is said to hold a certain secret... will you help accompany him, and protect him? How will you react to the Ruin's secret? (2-3 people only, JPing with the GM)

Reward: Mysterious Figure or A strange blue Egg or TM Ice Beam

The Bug-Catching Contest! - Part 1

Sponsored by Jublife, The First-ever Bug-Catching Contest in Sinnoh is on! All you have to do is catch one of the bug-type Pokemon below, to try and win prizes! You'll be judged on your posts -- mostly how you post your character catching a pokemon in this contest. (open contest, anyone can join)

Wild Bug-types in this competition

caterpie.gif
weedle.gif
paras.gif
venonat.gif
spinarak.gif
pineco.gif
scyther.gif
surskit.gif
nincada.gif
combee.gif
yanma.gif

Prizes:

Ist: Sun Stone + Moon Stone + Honey + Ultra Ball
2nd: Ultra Ball + Honey
3rd: Honey

The Maiden of Light! - Part 1:

There seems to be a strange gathering of individuals who bear white, pure clothing. No one really knows about them. They keep preaching on about some sort of Maiden of Light that they worship... But beside that, they seem kind and dignified, and are seemingly challenging trainers to judge their strength. Will you challenge them? (open mission, anyone can challenge)

Reward: A strange white badge, shaped like a 8-pointed star

---

Minor Missions:
(Missions you can do for fun if you want to. You can also JP with people to share awards.)

Mission 1

The Fishing Guru: The Fishing Guru is a strange, eccentric man who has a fancy for fishing. However, some wild bug-type Pokemon have been pestering lately, and more is sure to come. Will you help him out?

Reward: Fishing Rod

Mission 2:

Uh-oh, it seems like a group of thugs are going around making trouble for the people around here. They all seem to be wearing black clothing with a green and intimidating looking dragon patterned on the back of their wear. Will you put a stop to them? They seem dangerous...

Reward: Great Ball

Mission 3:

A young boy seemed to have lack of confidence when a lass along with a group of friends looks down on him, for being a weak trainer. Will you give him the confidence he needs to be a strong trainer?

Reward: Honey

Mission 4:

A T.V. news crew from Jubilife City is around the area, interviewing new trainers. How will you react when they approach you? What sorts of things will they interview you about?

Reward: VIP Pass

IC Note: You can make up your own missions too. If you have something you wanna do that nets you an award you want, you can chat with me privately, and we can discuss it!

Next time... Jubilife City

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I think I'll have Zack meet up with these Maiden of Light guys.

Last edited:

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
Gonna go join Zack Ice and the GM with Pegasus if you guys don't mind me tagging along. Sounds like fun c;

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
either gonna do the bug catching contest or just catch a poke sans mission. post should be within the next couple days :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • CET
  • Seen Oct 7, 2021
gonna join Jay's custom mission and plan on doing the bug catching contest as well!

Back