• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2009
Hey! I have already finished my GSC Monotype, can I continue to Hoenn please?

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
Years
Hey, I had a Gardevoir in my first Emerald game, with it being LV 46-48 I beat Wallace w/o switching it, thiese were its moves:

Calm Mind
Double Team
Psychic
Thunderbolt

I tell, you it works and its gonna be a real powerhouse for your team

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
Hey, I had a Gardevoir in my first Emerald game, with it being LV 46-48 I beat Wallace w/o switching it, thiese were its moves:

Calm Mind
Double Team
Psychic
Thunderbolt

I tell, you it works and its gonna be a real powerhouse for your team

My own has actually the same movepool, exept for Thunderbolt (she has Shock Wave instead). xD She beats every Gym leader so far.
And, since I teached her the electric move, she can finally mess up with Dark Pokemon, so I don't have to use Linoose any more in battles.

Yams

Polursaring!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
I Got Platinum!!!

I can start my challenge in Sinnoh, much earlier than exxpected fortunately. Can I trade over a Stunky at the timee that it is available? My reason is that if possible I would be using Diamond, but I am not going to start a new game in Diamond just for this challenge, which is understandable. It is impossible for me to start with a Diamond game, and Platinum is my only option. If I could use a ROM this would not be a problem, but I cannot. So if possible could I be exempt from the rules this one time?

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
So then, the next update follows. It's quite strange how fast I walk through Hoenn that far, but I'll have to slow it down a bit because I'll have not that many time the next days.

-I teached TM34 Shock Wave to Guinevre, so she can finally mess up with Dark Pokemon. I don't have to use Zigzagoon in battles against them any longer.
-I reached Fallarbor City and won in the battle tent.
-I went to the Meteor Falls and met Team Magma and Team Aqua there; I went back to Rustboro City on Route 115. I got an Exp. Share from Mr. Stone for giving Troy his letter. I used Teleport to got back to Fallarbor City and walked to Mt. Chimney.
-I used the cablecar to reach the mountain top, where I fought against Team Magma including their head, Maxie.
-On the Jagged Pass I caught a Spoink (Lv.21 (m)) and called him "Princeps". (Beware of Flu…)

Current Team:
- …l Princeps l… (Spoink (m); Lv.21) @Exp. Share: Psywave, Odor Sleuth, Psybeam, Psycho Shift
- …l Maleval l… (Kadabra (m); Lv.34): Teleport, Reflect, Recover, Psybeam
- …l Guinevre l… (Gardevoir (f); Lv.34): Calm Mind, Shock Wave, Double Team, Psychic

-I reached Lavaridge Town and got an egg. I challenged Flannery and won with my usual tactic, using Calm Mind six times against Camaub and beat every of her Pokemon with only one hit. I got the Heat Badge and the Go-Goggles from May after the battle.
-I visited the Desert to catch a Baltoy (Lv.21) and named it "Atendhente". Furthermore I evolved Zigzagoon into Linoose and teached him HM04 Strenght.
-I went through the Trick House the third time. I gave the Meteorite back to Prof. Kosmo.
-From Slateport Mr. Briney bought me back to Petalburg City where I challenged Norman. (I don't call him "dad" because he is the father of Ruby/Sapphire (don't know actually), but not of Wyyrlok.) Same as everytime, I used 6x Calm Mind while fighting against his first Pokemon, so as usually every of his Pokemon bite the dust after one Psychic then. I won the Balance Badge and got HM 03 from Wally's father. I teached it to a Marill I caught once.
-I surfed along Routes 105, 107, 108 and 109 to get back to Slateport City. While doing so, my Spoink evolved into a Grumpig.
-I went through the Trick House the fourth time and switched off the generator in New Mauville. Wattson gave me Thunderbolt.
-I travelled along Routes 118 and 119. Baltoy evolved into Claydol.

Update:

- …l Princeps l… (Grumpig (m); Lv.36): Psywave, Psybeam, Magic Coat, Confuse Ray
- …l Atendhente l… (Claydol; Lv.36): Sand Storm, Psybeam, Ancient Power, Hyper Beam
- …l Maleval l… (Kadabra (m); Lv.36): Teleport, Psychic, Recover, Psybeam
- …l Guinevre l… (Gardevoir (f); Lv.36): Calm Mind, Shock Wave, Double Team, Psychic

-I defeated Team Aqua inside the Weather Institute and won against May. She gave me HM 02 after the battle.
- I reached Fortree City. On Route 120 I talked with Steven and got a Devon Scope. I managed it to chase away the Kecleon which blocked the way to the Gym.
-I challenged Winona. I used the Calm-Mind-Strategy again. Her Altaria survived the Psychic… that was the first time an enemy managed not to faint immediately! But of course I won anyway. The Feather Badge was mine.

Currently I'm walking on Route 121, leaving Route 120 just behind me.

Legendary Squirtle

Not Hacked, Just Legendary
Years
Finally Done With Pokemon Crystal

Dear Journal,

Well I finally beat Red, the whole of Johto and Kanto, with four pokemon no less. Since I'm running out of time, have to get on the ship to the Hoenn
region soon, I'll just tell you about the final battle against Red. I went into this battle feeling that there was no way I was going to pull this off due to the massive difference between the levels of out pokemon.

His first Pokemon was Pikachu, who promptly fell to Valdor's Earthquake, despite getting his attack lowered from Charm. Next up was Venusaur, I replied by sending Flora in due to its resistance towards grass attacks. I managed to confuse it multiple times with Swagger and with some luck it Koed itself, but not before setting up Sunny Day.

Charizard was next and for the next five turns I found myself applying the left over revives from the pokemon league just waiting until the sunny in the cave faded. Over the course of those turns I managed to Toxic Charizard, and figure out that only Flora was faster than him. I then hit it with a Swagger and a few turns later it was Koed.

His Espeon was next but it wasn't much a problem thanks to a combination of Leech Seed, Toxic and Swagger. Snorlax was the biggest pain in this battle, its constant use of Body Slam, and Rest aggravated me to no end, especially when Valdor's Body Slam would paralyze him. Critical Hits and Paralyzation seemed to come often prompting me to use up all of my Full Restores. Somehow I managed to Stall Snorlax out of rest and Ko it with Earthquake after my Body Slam ran out of pp.

This was it, both of us was down to out final pokemon. He sent out Blastoise which, while doing some impressive damage to Valdor, eventually fell to his Razor Leaf and thus the battle of the two most powerful trainers came to an end. With nothing left to do and Red gone, I packed up my things and moved on to Hoenn

Pokemon

Valdor (Meganium) lvl 60

=> Body Slam
=> Synthesis
=> Razor Leaf
=> Earthquake

Toure (Sunflora) lvl 60

=> Mega Drain
=> Solarbeam
=> Sunny Day
=> Synthesis

Flora (Jumpluff) lvl 60

=> Mega Drain
=> Swagger
=> Leech Seed
=> Toxic

Kira (Victreebell) lvl 60

=> Vine Whip
=> Growth
=> Acid
=> Sleep Powder

Hm Slaves

Red Gyarados - Surf, Waterfall, Whirl Pool
Paras - Cut, Flash
Pidgey - Fly
Shuckle - Rare Candy Maker (despite the fact that It didn't make any)

crobatdeluxe

You can't be a legend...
Years
nice! I will do this! I'll be playing Kanto and Hoenn, in FR, Ruby, and Emerald <LOL, yeah. I play 3 games> I'll do a water type in FR first.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
ok i got threw the tunnerl and got to celadon and went to the game corner place....

34 Onix

36 graveler

(no moves today im angry)

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2009
Hello! This seems like fun, can I play as fire on pokemon red?

Edit:
Defeated Brock with my lvl. 17 Charmeleon. It was very easy, beat him first try.

Defeated Misty with my lvl. 31 Charmeleon, VERY hard, took me probably 20 trys. Anyone know some locations of some fire types?

Defeated Brock with my lvl. 38 Charizard, got all OHKO's :)

Last edited:
Years
Anyone know some locations of some fire types?
When you get Eevee (i think its in celadon) evolve it to Flareon.
You have growlite in route 7 and ponyta in the pokemon mansion.
you'll have more fun in GSC and RSE

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Well, I am finally back from my little holiday, XD. I'll now update the first post with last week's new entrants. ^_^

Wryylokk said:
!Attention! In Hoenn you meet Dark Pokemon (Poochyena and Nuzleaf ) at the beginning of the game. So there's no hope for Psychic Pokemon only! 'Cause I'm the first one with Psychic Pokemon in Hoenn so far, I decided for myself to use Zigzagoon, my HM-Slave, to fight against this Dark Pokemon, because the first Psychic Pokemon which could learn a not-psychic Attack is Baltoy (Ralts and Kadabra only learn Psychic Attacks and couldn´t hurt Dark Pokemon). And the battles against the dark-Pokemon-Users couldn't be avoided. So you have to use something which could hurt them.
@Alakazam: Could you please legalize this method? As you will see too, there's no other way.
Hey, you're right. =O

Well, none of the Gym Leaders use Dark-Types, so it's fine. Though I'll go and mention it on the first page. Thanks for pointing this out. ^_^

jcogginsa said:
When they're released,will we be allowed to use heartgold/soulsilver?
Yes you can. I'll add that to the first post as well.

Yams said:
I Got Platinum!!!

I can start my challenge in Sinnoh, much earlier than exxpected fortunately. Can I trade over a Stunky at the timee that it is available? My reason is that if possible I would be using Diamond, but I am not going to start a new game in Diamond just for this challenge, which is understandable. It is impossible for me to start with a Diamond game, and Platinum is my only option. If I could use a ROM this would not be a problem, but I cannot. So if possible could I be exempt from the rules this one time?
Hm, I guess that would be fine. Go ahead. ^_^

crobatdeluxe said:
nice! I will do this! I'll be playing Kanto and Hoenn, in FR, Ruby, and Emerald <LOL, yeah. I play 3 games> I'll do a water type in FR first.
Well, I'll add you to the list, though I should tell you these two things: one is that you need to go through a 2nd Generation game to finish this challenge, and the other is that you need to use the same type for every generation. ^^

Years
I already finished Kanto and Johto with the Normal type ^^. I will start Hoenn when my holidays start :p.

One more question: If I finish this challenge with the Normal type, can I do this again with another?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Glad to see you posting in here, Dean. :D

And yes you can. In fact, you would be the third person to do so. ^_^

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
Years
Darn...too much stuff to do at school...I have to postpone my challenge till...maybe July (my winter holidays). Ill probably do it faster as my PC will probably get rid of any problems by then.

So, goodbye for now.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Ah, sorry to see you go Tony. Good luck with your schooling, and I promise we'll all still be here waiting in July. ^_^

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
I'll try my best update again soon..all I'm doing is slowly levelling in Mt.Silver..

I'll post my team when I have my GBA with me...God...All I want to do is beat him and move on to Hoenn...(Possibly the funnest due to the mass of Fighting types available)

Years
Well, I'm sick and with nothing to do for a few days, so I guess I'll sign up for this. Can you put me down for the water type? :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
Hey, you're right. =O

Well, none of the Gym Leaders use Dark-Types, so it's fine. Though I'll go and mention it on the first page. Thanks for pointing this out. ^_^

I have to correct myself a little: agter defeating Wattson and winning the Dynamo Badge, you got TM34 Shock Wave. this attack can be learned by Ralts and Kadabra, so the two finally got an attack which hurts Dark Pokemon.
(I stopped using Zigzagoon in battles against Dark after using that TM to teach Gardevoir Shock Wave, of course.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back