• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Answering Topic

I agree even though I like houndoom I would be scared of accidentily getting perma buretting perma burned. Also another one would be cacturne who stalk you in the dessert and strike when your exhausted

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Ah yeah. Cacture the Pokemon who follows travelers in a rag-tag group (whatever that means) and waits for them to become unable to move. God know what they do when that happens.

And yeah and just so people know CourageHound is now a co-owner of the club. He's gonna help keep it more active when I'm not around.

So congrats to him. ^_^

CourageHound

Years
Yay! ^_^

Ok. As a sub-question to the topic, we could all answer What do you find scary or unnerving about your partner pokemon if anything at all?

For my Tyranitar, seing as we would have developed a bond through our journey and training I dont think I have much to fear besides him accidentally squishing me or something. Same goes for Mightyena since they're so loyal to strong trainers.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Username:glitchguy
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Most of the Dark-type pokemon are pretty fast and have a decent movepool so having them in your party in a must i think.
Your partners: Umbreon and Zoroark.
What Types rule: I guess i have to say Dark-types or i would get beat up.

Answer the current topic:
Hmm..Umbreon will probably stay loyal to me but Zoroark might try to play a trick on me with its Illusion.

CourageHound

Years
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Most of the Dark-type pokemon are pretty fast and have a decent movepool so having them in your party in a must i think.

Hmm..Umbreon will probably stay loyal to me but Zoroark might try to play a trick on me with its Illusion.

If i remember correctly, umbreon can launch poisonous/a toxic fluid or something of the sort. You ever wonder if that would get out of hand?

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Well Umbreon needs a full Happiness/Friendship gauge towards the owner for it to evolve so i don't think it will try to poison me...just people that piss me off.

Also almost every pokemon can learn Toxic so it would be redundant to worry about that i think.

Treecko

Years

Welcome to the club glitchguy!

CourageHound

Years
@Glitchguy So Umbreon and Zoroark eh? Thats a neat pair of partners ya got there. Mind telling us how you came to choose them as your partners :)?

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Well Umbreon was the first Dark-type pokemon i had in my team and Zoroark was the latest so i thought what the hell.Plus their movepool is pretty good.

CourageHound

Years
Hmm...I'm just gunna put the current topic on hold for now and suggest a new one. If anyone would like to go back and answer that topic, by all means go for it.

New Topic: Is there any dark type that seems lacking in certain or many areas and how would you buff that dark type?

Well my #1 pokemon for this topic would be mightyena. Bad stats across the board except for average attack, almost no move pool....at all, and despite its supposed saving grace in movie as a hidden ability, Mightyena is still very bad to use in serious battles. I think the Hyena-wolf deserves more. An entire stat revamp would be much appreciated, the defenses staying almost the same, but more focused on speed and attack. More or some new moves for crying out loud, and a unique new ability that will set it apart from its dark type brethren. More in detail later.

Mightyena could also possibly need an evo?

Treecko

Years

Is there any dark type that seems lacking in certain or many areas and how would you buff that dark type?

Mightyena is one that comes to mind. It's stats are pretty weak for what you expect a hyena Pokemon would have. It has good attack but that's just it. All it really needs is a major boost in stats and a better movepool.

Also had trouble with Purrloin and Liepard. I used one on my White team thinking it would be good but it ended up being a disappointment to me. It has pretty love Defense and HP and it would faint easily. I would increase it's HP to at least 80 or 90 and Defense/ Spe Defense to about 90-95. It would be a little better then.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Is there any dark type that seems lacking in certain or many areas and how would you buff that dark type?

I gotta agree with you guys.Mightyena and Liepard's stats are just horrible and they really don't have such a great movepool.I thought they would make a good addition to my in team in Ruby and White but i regretted the decision later.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Weavile instantly comes to mind; it's huge lack of defensive capabilities makes it a really tough Pokémon to train and use effectively since it always ends up dying before it can do any real damage. However I wouldn't increase its Defence, rather I'd increase its Attack since it's meant to be a super fast ninja Pokémon that sweeps like there's no tomorrow. If it could get a higher Attack stat then it'd be much more suited to this role and it wouldn't need the extra Defence as much since it'd be able to kill most things before they could attack it. It'd still be completely open to Mach Punch and Bullet Punch, but hey, every Pokémon needs a weakness haha.

Also like you both said above, Mightyena certainly could do with an evolution. I absolutely loved it when I first saw Mightyena but a wolf Pokémon looking that badass really should have some better stats to support its intimidating appearance. It's a shame that it does't have much to work with, otherwise it's a Pokémon I'd definitely want to use more. What kind of evolution could it have though? It's already looking pretty huge as it is...

CourageHound

Years
Maybe another pokemon that could use a buff wud be Mawhile. Pretty terrible stats, even worse than mightyena(no offense) and is also lacking movepool while. Maybe an evolution is an order? Or a major defensive state increase along with attack. Seing as mawhile s pretty unique I think a handy signature move isnt too far-fetched.

ALSO:

I was thinking of collaborating an event along with AWsquared. If anyone has an idea for a cool event for the club, feel free to suggest ideas

MonoSpectator

Neighborhood Psycho
Years
Username: MonoSpectator
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think that they are mysterious and can be rather sneaky. They can also be fierce too ^^ I've always loved Dark-Type Pokemon! They need more credit ^^
Your partners: Umbreon and Hydreigon
What Types rule: Dark Types Rule :3
Answer the current topic: I'd say that my favorite dark-type so far is still Umbreon. I've liked Umbreon ever since I first saw it in Pokemon Coloseum. I hadn't played much Pokemon prior, so I wasn't really familiar with the Eeveelutions that much. On the idea of Lucario being a Dark-Type, I say no. Lucario is more of a...'light' kind of Pokemon and doesn't seem to really fit with other Dark-types. He seems more 'pure' overall.

Treecko

Years
Maybe another pokemon that could use a buff wud be Mawhile. Pretty terrible stats, even worse than mightyena(no offense) and is also lacking movepool while. Maybe an evolution is an order? Or a major defensive state increase along with attack. Seing as mawhile s pretty unique I think a handy signature move isnt too far-fetched.

ALSO:

I was thinking of collaborating an event along with AWsquared. If anyone has an idea for a cool event for the club, feel free to suggest ideas
Feel free to message me about that cause I have ideas what so ever.

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think that they are mysterious and can be rather sneaky. They can also be fierce too ^^ I've always loved Dark-Type Pokemon! They need more credit ^^
Answer the current topic: I'd say that my favorite dark-type so far is still Umbreon. I've liked Umbreon ever since I first saw it in Pokemon Coloseum. I hadn't played much Pokemon prior, so I wasn't really familiar with the Eeveelutions that much. On the idea of Lucario being a Dark-Type, I say no. Lucario is more of a...'light' kind of Pokemon and doesn't seem to really fit with other Dark-types. He seems more 'pure' overall.

Welcome to the club MonoSpectator! I'm the not-so-active club owner. >.>

Hope you enjoy your stay!

EDIT: OH MY GOD I just notice we're the featured club at the moment. That's really an unexpected honor. :') Thanks Alex or who suggested it.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Years

Those are some nifty partners ^_^. Is there anything you'd change about their stats, moveset, or overall performance in battle for either of em?

Treecko

Years
Ok new topic to exploit the fact that we're the current Featured club and gain more members to keep the club going.

If you were to make a monotype Dark team, what Pokemon would you use?

Here's would be mine:
197.gif
461.gif
553.gif
560.gif
359.gif
635.gif

Preferred if Umbreon is shiny cause I like it better.

Go away and discuss!

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years

Already planned one. Gym Leader Myth is the owner.

Mightyena M Lvl: 67
Intimidate; Toxic Orb
Moveset:
Facade, Sucker Punch, Dig, Protect

Houndoom M Lvl: 68
Flash Fire; Passho Berry
Moveset:
Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Dark Pulse, Fire Blast

Umbreon M Lvl: 68
Synchronize; Leftovers
Moveset:
Embargo, Curse, Payback, Moonlight

Zoroark M Lvl: 69
Illusion; King's Rock
Moveset:
Dark Pulse, Extrasensory, Flamethrower, Grass Knot

Absol M Lvl: 69
Super Luck; Razor Claw
Moveset:
Perish Song, Stone Edge, Psycho Cut, Night Slash

Hydreigon M Lvl: 71
Levitate; White Herb
Moveset:
Draco Meteor, Psych Up, Dark Pulse, Fire Blast

Years

This would be my ideal Dark-type team:

560.gif
571.gif
553.gif
635.gif
435.gif
430.gif

I mainly chose these ones due to having cool designs, handy movepools and good type combinations. Not to mention I loved how awesome they are!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back