• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need a suggestion

Should i change the party or leave it like it is? And why?

• No, leave it like it is

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, change it for Arcanine

• Yes, change it for Venusaur

• Yes, change it for Gengar

• Yes, change it for Machamp

• Yes, change it for Jolteon

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
Look, lately i've trying to catch ALL of the pokemon available in the safari zone, and i noticed that there are dratinis.

Now, i have a question for my Party

My party is:

Venusaur 37
Gengar 38
Jolteon 38
Arcanine 38
Machamp 38
Pidgeot 39

And now the question is, should i keep the party like that?, or remove one for Dragonite?

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
Yes, remove pidgeot.

Dragonite is part flying and has better stats too, though you'll be stuck with dragonair fo a while:(.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Are you willing to train the Dratini so that his level will be on par with your team? If so, change Pidgeot, Dragonite is way better and Pidgeot is very frail.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
got to agree with the others. i raised a pidgeot once. wasnt really worth it. personally i think fearow is better, but it doesnt learn great moves until later like drill peck. training a dragonite takes a lot of patience but it is worth it. pidgeot isn't

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Scrap Pidgeot for it. It's not that great and Dragonite is much better and more versatile. Next time you need help with your in-game team, post in the in-game team forum. I've already moved this thread for you. Happy trails!

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
Another little question, i leveled my pidgey from 5 to 39, do you think it was a huge waste of exp?
How do i recover the exp?

lol i've accidentally catched 3 goldeens already

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You can't...recover the exp? It's not really wasted exp if that Pidgeot helped you a lot. You can just go grind using the Vs. Seeker to help your Dratini catch up to the rest of your team. No lost exp in that really. I'm assuming this is FR or LG and not RBY btw.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
You can't...recover the exp? It's not really wasted exp if that Pidgeot helped you a lot. You can just go grind using the Vs. Seeker to help your Dratini catch up to the rest of your team. No lost exp in that really. I'm assuming this is FR or LG and not RBY btw.

Yes, it is FR
and, when do i get the vs seeker? im at 5th gym, fuscia city

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If memory serves, someone in the Vermillion Pokemon Center will give it to you. I think it's the person right next to the counter by the nurse. It's very useful since it lets you rematch trainers.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Now that your thread has been moved to this forum, you are required to provide all of the available moves for each of your Pokemon so that raters have more information to go by.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Replace your Pidgeot with Dragonite. Dragonite is part Flying-type too, so you won't have to worry about not having a Flying-type to fly around with. Plus, Pidgeot is also much frailer that Dragonite. You would want a team with good defences and Pidgeot doesn't quite cut it. A Dragon/Flying is much more worth it than a Flying/Normal if you ask me.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
Replace your Pidgeot with Dragonite. Dragonite is part Flying-type too, so you won't have to worry about not having a Flying-type to fly around with. Plus, Pidgeot is also much frailer that Dragonite. You would want a team with good defences and Pidgeot doesn't quite cut it. A Dragon/Flying is much more worth it than a Flying/Normal if you ask me.

Yeah, i just noticed that pidgeot's base stat is 495, and dragonite's 600, which is really similar to many legendary pokemons.

Pidgeot is already gone :D

Lol i never need legendary pokemon, i just catched articuno and zapdos for fun.

Last edited:
Years
Personally, Pidgeot doesn't work in gen 3 elite four at Kanto, so I'd swap it for the dragonite. I agree with the others + Dragonite will help with beating any other dragon pokemon.

Back