• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I can't play anything except Pokemon. Never really bothered to try to learn, though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I play guitar practically every second of the day that my hands are free! I really want to learn the piano though. After hearing 'Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles' and the beautiful piano in that song... just ahh. SWOONING BRB. I've tried learning before and got pretty far but then came to uni and had no chance to practice. D:

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I used to play the violin a few years back but i've completely forgotten it now.I had planned to go learn how to play the guitar but i just didn't for some reason.Now i just play air guitar or air drums if that counts.Also, singing along with songs has made me sort of good at singing.

Sir Codin

Drummer in the house, although I haven't done it in a while due to the campus apartment complexes I've been living in not allowing drum kits unless you're a music major.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I have piano fingers and would love to learn it, but pianos are expensive. I play a bit of guitar though...used to play trumpet but not anymore. Just lost interest, you know?

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I am quite proficient in playing the piano as I have learnt it since I was about 4. xD That's not all, though! I can also play the violin, the guitar and drums, but I'm not very good at them.

I used to take violin lessons up to Grade 4, but I stopped. Don't remember the reason why. Now my skills have turned all rusty ;_; I still know how to play it, but not as well as I used to.

As for guitar, I kinda self-learnt. One day, a guy brought a guitar to class during high school. He played a few chords to a song, and I asked if I could try. It all started from there. xD

My previous school made instrument classes compulsory, and drum classes was one of the choices. I took drums. Loved it! xD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Off-topic but...

The VDay thread really has me thinking. It's amazing the kind of feedback we're getting from it that's really valuable (at least imo) in making future event decisions, and ideas we may not come up with ourselves especially since people plan the same holidays over and over again so ideas start sounding stale...

I just wonder if it would be a good idea to have some kind of public "event submission" kind of thing. You can PM a staff member to talk about it now but that takes a lot of initiative and people may not be aware that's an option and I really like how we can see from that thread people showing interest in an event, since a lot of times events are based on if we think people will be interested and we have to make educated guesses.

Idk just thinking out loud here. I wish there was a way to make members feel that submitting events and talking about their opinions on events is really welcome.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Yea, lots of people have the mindset of 'I'm not a mod, so my opinion won't really count' kind of thing. It's a shame really :(

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
/roars

I was never intimated by mods at first since I didn't know what they actually were lmao. But once I'd worked it out I was already speaking to Megan, Blade, etc, so they didn't seem scary! (Other than Blade, she's terrifying.)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Aww how sweet.

kDG2w.gif

I just like the public idea too because we can see how many members like an idea, or if members aren't really into it. When things are planned and decided on privately you just have to...guess. >_o

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Off-topic but...

The VDay thread really has me thinking. It's amazing the kind of feedback we're getting from it that's really valuable (at least imo) in making future event decisions, and ideas we may not come up with ourselves especially since people plan the same holidays over and over again so ideas start sounding stale...

I just wonder if it would be a good idea to have some kind of public "event submission" kind of thing. You can PM a staff member to talk about it now but that takes a lot of initiative and people may not be aware that's an option and I really like how we can see from that thread people showing interest in an event, since a lot of times events are based on if we think people will be interested and we have to make educated guesses.

Idk just thinking out loud here. I wish there was a way to make members feel that submitting events and talking about their opinions on events is really welcome.
I think that'd be really nice! Maybe every so often PC can draw inspiration for contests from members (like how we have competitions like in GE or the Art section) too! It'll take some stress of the mods maybe if there are some well known and trustworthy members who'd like to host the events too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back