• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen What was your starter

Jayzco

Pokemon BUSINESS
Years
What was your starter?

Mine was my boii Rowlet.

tenor.gif

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
I picked Popplio once more, because I tend to go by the base stats and potential movepool of the final evolutions, rather than looks. Primarina just has a lot going for it, despite the fact it may lack physical defense and be on the slow side.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I picked Litten in both Moon and Ultra Moon. No matter how much backlash Incineroar gets, it'll remain my favourite Gen 7 starter.

Years
In my main Ultra Sun, I went with Litten because I had already chose Popplio when I first played through the original Sun, and I had literally only used Litten once before then (in a Dark Monotype). Then in a challenge I'm doing on Ultra Moon currently I went with Rowlet, and my secondary Ultra Sun has me doing a Water Monotype with Popplio. So I've had at least one run within Ultra so far where I use all three starters.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
First walkthrough Rowlet
Second walkthrough Popplio
Third walkthrogh Litten

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Online now
Popplio. I already picked Rowlet in Moon and Incineroar is my least favourite starter. Plus, I heard good things about Primarina's Special Attack.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
I chose Rowlet in Ultra Moon because I had already used Litten in both of my Moon playthroughs, and I prefer Rowlet to Popplio.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I don't understand why people get both Sun and Moon, they're basically the same.[
Except that both versions have Pokemon that can be obtained in one version, but not in the other. For example, Passimian can be obtained in Sun, but not in Moon. For Oranguru, it's vice versa.

Bay

Years
I don't understand why people get both Sun and Moon, they're basically the same.[

There's also how some people like to have one version for a causal playthrough and another one for for challenge runs (Nuzlocke, Mono type runs, etc).

For Ultra Sun, I chose Rowlet since I did Popplio in Moon and I prefer Decidueye and Primarina's design than Incineroar. If I were to do another run I might chose Litten next, though.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 30, 2020
I picked Litten. It wasn't an easy choice, since all three starters made themselves likeable the minute they popped up. But I could only pick one, so I chose Litten.

string555

Banned
Years
I picked Litten, because it's a cat so I had to. >:3

But it wasn't that long ago (sadly XD) that I learned that Decidueye is part ghost, if I had known this I would have definitely picked Rowlett. :'(

Back