• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Swift Swim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Thanks guys for the support. ^^
Oh, wow. Nice sprites and the Ow inserted it a little less perfect.
Also, the new tiles (outside tiles) I didn't like the trees and grasses. I like some of these features.. Yeah, the Known bugs section joke kinda lame but got me laughing. Good work. Besides that, I think overall the OW and trainer sprites stands out. I'll be looking forward for more updates on your game. Good luck there!
I don't have much time lately but I managed to work on tiles, adding the battle house tiles and revamping the grass and trees.
WHubqr9.png

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 3, 2017
Wow, this really caught me off by surprise with the title, this hack seems very promising :) I'm interested in seeing how the story will unfold, and the features look good to me, love to see how this game develops. However I just have a problem not with your hack but with rom hacks in general *coughs* here goes my rant *coughs* With the release of Pokemon X & Y ALOT of new features and game mechanics were introduced which has changed the game of Pokemon in many ways. ROM Hacks are great games to play after your bored with the current Pokemon games and they try bring a new and great story aswell as the implementation of the new features in the new games. Now, I've seen the physical/special gen split recently introduced in ROM hacks which were first introduced in the GEN IV games (credit goes to DoesntKnowHowtoPlay) and there have been people who have already managed to implement the new fairy type and some mega evos. However, my fear is that rom hackers won't be able to add in the new features any longer because of the newer game mechanics such as mega evolving during battle, having only one mega on the field, certain pokemon abilities, dual-typing moves, etc. So, your probably wondering whats my point to this? well tbh there really isn't any to it, just expressing my concern to the rom hacking community and not particularly pertaining to this hack, but all future rom hacks in general. That is all... ;_;

Years
I think I understand your point, adding some features require radical changes to some of the old roms mechanics which would take a **** ton of time and skill. >.< Which is unfortunate. :/

Years
LOL, Yagami alone would be more than enough to mop the floor with any Pokemon, and lets not try to imagine what he would do to any Pokemon when he is in the riot of the blood. Anyways looking forward to it. Good luck :D

Years
Now that is what I call a well-made hack! Your mapping skills are just beautiful and I love the new OW you are using. Also, i find the main idea really nice and overall, that is one really nice hack! I'm waiting for a full version since I don't really like playing betas, but will keep an eye on your progress. Good luck with it!
Cheers!

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
This is by far one of the coolest hacks I have ever seen! The tilesets and maps are terrific, great graphics and sprites, and well done on the choice of Pokémon! I am really looking forward to its release!

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2017
What a Hack! Till now its looking really very good! The screenshots are amazing! Definetly going to play this one. Eagerly waiting for its 1st Beta!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back