• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2011
if Nintendo is going to make a new pokemon version, it will be a third game for diamond and pearl, so its actually a good thing Shiny Gold is not dead yet. What do u guys think?

Years
yeh, i agreez
and know wat else? even if they do release their duskgold and their dawnsilver... shiny gold will forever be out of their league...it came first, it owned first, it had 250 000 thread views!
=]

yoni159

a ... nvm/np
Years
yeh, i agreez
and know wat else? even if they do release their duskgold and their dawnsilver... shiny gold will forever be out of their league...it came first, it owned first, it had 250 000 thread views!
=]

you're not really right.
first, Zel done his work based on Nintendo's game.
second, Zel's hack will never be perfect, as it won't have a pokenav.
third, ShinyGold is for GBA which for Nintendo is a dead game. if you ask me soon the GBA will be as the GB and the GBC.
and 4th: it's a HACK so actually Nintendo can blame him for hacking there game. still this hack is still very good and I support it in 100%.

Years
you're not really right.
third, ShinyGold is for GBA which for Nintendo is a dead game. if you ask me soon the GBA will be as the GB and the GBC.
and 4th: it's a HACK so actually Nintendo can blame him for hacking there game. still this hack is still very good and I support it in 100%.
First,Zel changed every thing from tilesets to trainers to music to pokemon poses and locations.Would you even know that this is firered version if you didn't play it before downloading Shiny Gold?
Second,it has replacements for the pokenav,like the telephone poles.In the final release it will also have radio,and no need for a world map incorporated when you have one in bag.
Third,being for GBA doesn't make a game suck.Have you seen Pokemon Prism?It is for GBC and it is still played by people and is very popular.
Fourth,Nintendo said people can hack those games as long as they don't take fees/taxes/etc.So Nintendo would blame the whole community that hacks games/make games using Pokemon,but you know what?They don't!
End of rant.
Also,I can't wait for beta 6,all those new overworlds look promising,I can't wait to see them in-game!Also good job clonex the route 29 remix is magnificent!
~Rapidash~

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
Zel,

it would be cool if you insert al the new evo's en pre-evo's from generation IV.
I know that you said that it's hard with the trading, but you can make a simple script that you can't trade them. It would be really cool having a magmortar in my party :P

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Also zel guess what? This plays way better on no$gba then vba. Just so you know.

Weird, because I heard some other times that they were having problems playing it on NO$GBA, meh, as you can see each emu is alive and does whatever it wants XP

well zel about the legends pics (what a freakin policy of no urls or pics til 15 posts, EVEN IN QUOTES!)

-well the dogs look GREAT the only thing keeping them from perfection would be to them extremespeed themselves out of the tower nstead of bunny hopping
-with ho-oh just use that mystery dungeon sprite
-ah.. unless i forgot what a head is, i dont think snorlax is EATING the tree, instead it looks like he's "realesing body pressure" on it
-and lugia... i gotta be honest, it loooks like the great snow man... (and in R\S\E its eyebrows are black, not blue)

i got another suggestion to make... well its not mine its from a friend of mine who plays diamond, but i think its acceptable (sort of, i never played any DS game :p he'll kill me if i dont ask this)
D\P pokes will NOT be inserted, but as you said you have some extra slots for pokes, how about 4th generations pookes DIRECTLY linked to the other present ones e.g. mantyke? (BTW how many slots are there left just curiosity? 14 to make 400?)

About the dogs, I wanted to make it as it was in the original (they just bunny hopped out of the tower, and I though that was funny, so, why not? :P)
In one of the Notes I wrote below the screenshots, I stated that it was probably a problem with the tile, which I'll have to fix later, it's not a big deal.
It's not like it's much of a difference, or is it? Oh well, I'll see if I have some black tones in the palette I used for Lugia, if I have I'll change its eyebrows.

About the DP, the answer is still a no. The main problem adding DP Poke is that they ruin the whole trading system, and add problems to the Pokedex, and a lot of other stuff (and, the most important one, adding new Pokemon implies a lot of work that I do not see interesting -_-)
There are plenty hacks with DP Pokemon added in (recommend Ruby Destiny for that ;P)
I think that there are the same quantity as the ammount of letters, according to Baro's theory they were probably planning to use a slot for each Unown.

or is it already patened by nintendo?

I just wanted to quote this because it made me laugh a few minutes :laugh:

Hey, I can never seem to see the dogs. I used the method you used in your video, except I checked on my own. So, how come they never show up? Is there something more I have to do after the burned tower?

I beat the league already.

This is the X version.

There are a bunch of randoms acting, so, till the random reaches the point where it decides to put a dog's sprite on the route, it'll take a while (on the video I've reduced the ammount of random chances so that's why they showed up more often ;))
Keep trying!

Zel I think there is a problem in Ilex-Forest. if you cut the grass and walk where you have cutted the grass you might run into a psyduck lvl16(checking with Advance Map made me think it's water wild). hope you'll finish the game soon.

EDIT: it's actually psyduck LVL12,14 or 16.
EDIT2: also 15 and 11
About the grass in Ilex Forest. I know how to fix it. It's simple: Open up Advance Map 1.9, then go to the map, then go to Block Editor, click on the tile and on the far right, you will see some drop menus, change the first one from 02 (Grass Animation (Pokemon)) to 08. (08 is the same as the cave tiles)
The bottom one is a bit hard for me to explain but I think you already know.
Oh yeah! The stairs and teleport pads in Tin Tower can warp without Scripts, I just forgot the numbers...

Sorry if you already knew this, I just wanted to help fix some glitches...

Yeah, I know that in tile-related problems I'll have to go to AMap 1.9, but as of now, I'm still using the 1.82 (I see it more stable for now), so maybe I'll fix some errors for the next Beta, and the rest for the final release.
Thanks for the explanation, though, Shadow Zach.

sry, i forgot bout the pirates thing and does anyone no if you can still do the teleport thing to get to kanto on the route after mahogany?

As far as I know, I think it doesnt lead you to Kanto anymore (maybe it'll probably send you to Blackthorn, as I've used R4's PC as Blackthorn's PC)

@Zel:
Sheesh, Red in the... you know what in Shiny Gold... saw some picture glitch battle
that shows RIVAL CARLOS then it shows a picture of RED instead..(it looks like ASH for some reason.)

I didnt understand well, where would that happen?

---

So, I'm starting to work on the digging mini-game, which is quite interesting (and it'll be more to show it once it's done), of course, I'm sure all the mini-games will use a lot of variable so that cannot be avoided (unlike Baro, I'm a "variable waster" :P), it'll take a while as the script is quite long and I have my real life knocking the door every five minutes. But whatever, just have some patience and then I'll show screenshots about it.

That's all for today, be good!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Dont worry, I can wait for the screenies (even though it will be awesome when we see them, the digging mini game sounds great.)
I dont know if I've commented on the md sprites yet but I think some are great like the dogs and Ho-Oh. Though, for some strange reason I think Lugia looks strange (I think he looks too big) but it's probably just me.
Anyway, keep up the nice work and good luck :D

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
you're not really right.
Well there's other four things you have to think about:
1st: There's a lot of ppl who have flash cards and for those this is a must (i have yet to give a good compliment to shiny gold: for what the beta shows, this WILL BE the best GBA game i ever played)
2nd: As far as i know there's still not a decent DS emu (or at least not a stable and tried as VBA)
3rd: There is A LOT of ppl (in wich i include myself) who just dont like the DS
4th: All the above - shiny gold wasn't made to be a commercial game (of course), it was made for ppl who play it in their pc's (or cellphones, as my case :D ) and are not restricted to what nintendo offers us

Anyway, i found another bug: when we talk amelia at mahogany town and she gives us items, she doesn't "go", as she says,she just stays put until we have blown up the rocket hideout, and if we talk to her again she will give us the items again, and again, and again... kind of a nice bug :D

(one tiny question: i think my english is quite good i think, but as im portuguese theres some words i sometimes dont get. So... is "blushing" to have your face red when you're shy? (lol) )

Anyway i was thinking of something else - as in both shiny gold and the original generation II games the rocket executives state that geovanni is away training (although he has simply retired, but i dont buy it :) ), what about giving us the chance of facing him?

dude120

Rom hacker in training
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2009
Well there's other four things you have to think about:
1st: There's a lot of ppl who have flash cards and for those this is a must (i have yet to give a good compliment to shiny gold: for what the beta shows, this WILL BE the best GBA game i ever played)
2nd: As far as i know there's still not a decent DS emu (or at least not a stable and tried as VBA)
3rd: There is A LOT of ppl (in wich i include myself) who just dont like the DS
4th: All the above - shiny gold wasn't made to be a commercial game (of course), it was made for ppl who play it in their pc's (or cellphones, as my case :D ) and are not restricted to what nintendo offers us

Anyway, i found another bug: when we talk amelia at mahogany town and she gives us items, she doesn't "go", as she says,she just stays put until we have blown up the rocket hideout, and if we talk to her again she will give us the items again, and again, and again... kind of a nice bug :D

(one tiny question: i think my english is quite good i think, but as im portuguese theres some words i sometimes dont get. So... is "blushing" to have your face red when you're shy? (lol) )

Anyway i was thinking of something else - as in both shiny gold and the original generation II games the rocket executives state that geovanni is away training (although he has simply retired, but i dont buy it :) ), what about giving us the chance of facing him?

That would be really cool. Zel, you should seriously use that idea. Maybe that will be some kind of quest to fight Giovanni before you battle red or something.

Last edited:

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
i never thout that it would get this far this is realy amazing

Yep, it is still going minute by minute.

Zel: I think the legendary dogs bit is kinda scary y'know. cuz big legendaries don't bounce around like they're bunnies. Nintendo did the dogs like that cuz of the sprites. I think if there was a nintendo gsc re-make they would flash the screen. YOU should make them disappear 1 by 1.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
Yep, it is still going minute by minute.

Zel: I think the legendary dogs bit is kinda scary y'know. cuz big legendaries don't bounce around like they're bunnies. Nintendo did the dogs like that cuz of the sprites. I think if there was a nintendo gsc re-make they would flash the screen. YOU should make them disappear 1 by 1.

that's a great idea, though it's still better that they "run" out of the tower, like in the original games. they fled when they saw you. however, I agree that they don't need to bounce around and screen flashing would make it cooler.

oh and zel, great hack, keep it up!

-Neji-

Something Different
Years
i'm just wondering in shiny gold; how do you evolve your evee to umbreon, since there is no night or day in the game .. and can you get lugia in shiny gold?

Kentai

Game Designer (Multitasking)
Years

You got it quit right^^ blushing means that you get your face all red, normally because of shyness xD (often used in animes... man I love animes....)

er...

to Zel:
Your Hack is the most awsom piece of Pkmn games ever made! I love it, espacially because the G/S/C series was the one I liked most among the Games and the Anime, great thanks for this super grate remake!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
i'm just wondering in shiny gold; how do you evolve your evee to umbreon, since there is no night or day in the game .. and can you get lugia in shiny gold?

Eevee to Umbreon with Moon Stone...
Eevee to Espeon with Sun Stone. ;)

And I dunno about Lugia though... :\

Back