• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [PSP Emulation] PSP - The Pokemon Machine - GPSP

Humble Hook

Because the Hook brings you back ~
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2016
While i love the VBA emulator, i find that i can't take it everywhere with me, (EG. work, school, or just out of the house), which takes away from the portability of emulating what already was a handheld portable gaming system. Lo and Behold, there is a signed .EBOOT GPSP, which emulates to perfection on the PSP. Since it is signed, it will run on any official firmware released by Sony, so there is no need to mess with your PSP.

I know this work's on 3000's, but i dont know about 1 or 2000's.

https://www.mediafire.com/?w8aw7czsrhoc9r8

Drop in PSP/GAME. Drop roms in gpsp folder.

GPSP also has save states in addition to normal games saving mechanics.

Set to fullscreen 16:9 and screen smoothing OFF, this emu is a beaut at a crisp 480 X 272.
You should get to know the menu before playing games. The menu is O for yes, X for no.

This is great for Romhacks!
Happy emulating!

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
3DS is also fun. For anyone who wants to go that route, all that's required is a Supercard DStwo and the emulator you are looking for is TempGBA. Even works on the latest firmware!

IeUaN_08

Researching
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014
Will work on all PSP's because of it being a signed EBOOT :)

There was a version by Kai (GPSP KAI) but he didn't do the original version.

Only real downside is the lack of multiplayer :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Back when I still had my PSP, I was required to get it hacked and install custom firmware in order to use this, which, if you ask me, was a ton of hassle. Great to hear that it's changed now, haha. It's also sort of disappointing, though, since not many people use PSP anymore. :( Would've been great if it were made available for Vita, somehow.

IeUaN_08

Researching
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014
Back when I still had my PSP, I was required to get it hacked and install custom firmware in order to use this, which, if you ask me, was a ton of hassle. Great to hear that it's changed now, haha. It's also sort of disappointing, though, since not many people use PSP anymore. :( Would've been great if it were made available for Vita, somehow.

It can be done on the Vita but its a lot more complicated, you have to be on a certain firmware and use certain game to aquire an exploit which will then allow you to run the emulator.

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
Epic back then i had to get CFW in order to use GPSP I really do like this emulator while no one really uses the PSP anymore it was fun while it laster :P I use PPSSPP a psp emulator for android and for GBA games I use myboy! We have gotten so far into emulation. But to stay in topic I mainly used GPSP for romhacks especially Fire Emblem hacks<3

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
GPSP Kai or J are the best ones available for PSP imo.

It also has a fast forward button which most people don't know about.

And yes, it can even work on non-cfw PSP's, as long as it's signed to run on OFW.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Always use the unofficial version of gPSP...... This official one is very buproperly ... I use it..... No lag issues, perfect emulation, state saving, etc.
Cheats are a pain but that's okay..... It also runs all the ROM hacks proudly

Back