• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black and White VERSUS Black 2 and White 2

B/W or B2/W2?

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Even though the beginning of BW was awesome, the story near the ending was meh and postgame was just boring and a lot of the plot seemed to be forced on you.But in B2W2 the story was pretty well-rounded and exciting with a lot of things to do post game too.So, my vote goes to B2W2.

Years
I voted for B/W.

The fresh feeling of a whole new region with new Pokemon I've never seen was just so exciting and different, and the storyline in the game was the absolute best of any Pokemon game, with its underlying depth. B2/W2 was awesome and gave a lot to do, but the feeling isn't the same as it was with B/W.

Years
While I really enjoyed Black/White, because of the entirely new region, and all new Pokemon until the after the Elite Four, I'm still playing my Black 2, and that has to count for something.

also, Black Tower.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I honestly think that Black and White are the better games, all in all. I loved the all-new pokedex and the games are very well paced - the progress through both the dex and the story works just right so that the entire thing is very satisfying.
Black 2 and White 2 have more content and more pokemon in the regional dex, but much of the added content and added pokemon, as well as what little there is of a main story, all feel like they were just sort of crammed in whatever space they might sort of fit, and the result, for me, just isn't quite as satisfying.

Neeni

Stage On!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 11, 2013
I voted B2W2.. But both games are great! both were fun and so enjoyable
I simply went for B2W2 because of the all the new features like many others said, and the fact that they're not just a repetition of the former games like Emerald, etc. but a whole new story where events occur after 2 years, and everything changes

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I prefer pokemon black and white 2 because there is a lot to do and I found the story more enjoyable than the first pokemon black and white.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Definitely Black & White. The story was better and having to use only new pokemon made for a fresh change.

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
Years
I prefer the sequels because of the vast improvements the game made over the previous games. The music is now adaptive to the season (though only on the routes themselves), the Xtransceiver is ACTUALLY ACCESSIBLE AS A KEY ITEM, Yancy/Curtis give you Pokemon you can't normally find in the wild, such as Ralts (Gardevoir FOR THE WIN!~), and dare I mention the Rival Battle theme?! EPIC.

Back