• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use Legendaries to battle the Elite Four?

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
I think I've used legendaries once in my team in one of the earlier games. It takes all the fun away. Since then I'm sticking to my meticulously trained pokémon.

Triston1zn

GYM LEADER
Years
It's interesting reading all the replies. One thing is for certain...the majority feel that Legendaries cheapen the experience and prefer to use their starters and pokemon caught in the wild....

Quite noble, and that used to be my standing as well, but I have my moments.....usually when watching the anime or a movie.....somehow it gets me all pumped and I visit the PC and break out the legendaries and clobber the holy hell outta anyone who crosses my path....

LEGENDARIES = STRESS RELIEF TO THE MAX

Vαηєℓℓσρє

ωнαт ωαѕ, ιѕ, αη∂ ωιℓℓ вє...
Years
I use them out of pure laziness of training a 6th pokemon. Never been too fond of level-grinding, but my team of 5 is always rather brutal by themselves. Just a bonus if I get to add in a legendary.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I never use legendaries in-game, but I'm not actually sure why haha. I guess it takes away some of the challenge but I don't know, I've never actually used one to find that out with. It just seems like they're more of a collectable than something you should actually use and it's an easy way out if you can't beat the game with a normal team, but that's very unjustified reasoning when I've never actually used one so who knows haha. But no, I never use legendaries because I'm biased against them for reasons I don't know. n.n

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
I almost never use legendaries in my teams. Maybe is because legendaries are IMO made to be wild, so I prefer to let them free.
Suicune is an exception though, because it want me to be it's master.

Kinda deep, but that's it.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
The last legendary I used was...I don't remember haha. Even when I was little, I didn't even know how to get most of the legendaries, or was to busy catching boxes full of Pokemon to have an available spot. Yeah I'd sooner use a team of Rattatas than a legendary against the E4, which I actually did.

Triston1zn

GYM LEADER
Years
LOL, I guess it comes down to how ''reaL'' the games are to you. the replies that said Legendaries cheapen the game or are made to roam free, really do take the whole thing seriously.....the others who feel theres nothing wrong with using them...treat the game as...well just a game lol

My personal stand point is...it's just a game....I paid for it....for every single thing on that gaming cartridge and by God...I am going to use it lol

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I almost have never used the main game legendary as of recent. The only exception though was Virizion because I wanted it for my 6th slot.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
Well for future Pokemon games I think they're making legendaries obtainable after the elite four like zekrom reshiram black and white kyurem but back in emerald I used rayqauyza and the rest of my team I used for reviving rayquayza, gold silver and soul silver I used ho oh and lugia but they were weaker than the rest of my team

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
...I guess it would depend on what my best Pokemon are.
I probably would use my Giratina because it's one of my favorite legendary Pokemon (which reminds me that I need to clone mine).

But I generally don't use legendaries, aside from Giratina. I might use my new Groudon sometime, though.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
I used Zapdos and Articuno in LeafGreen and Rayquaza in Emerald. Rayquaza was basically the main Pokemon I used in the main story after I caught it. For Articuno and Zapdos, those 2 were among my in-game team.

IllusDark8

I only use legendaries if I have no choice or if I need a last resource.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'll use legendaries in my team if I really like them or just have the urge to use them. I mean, it's my game. I can use whatever I want. :3

dontstay96

Grass-man
Years
I normally dont use legedaries for the elite 4, but in diamond I used dialga, also I sometimes use legendaries for later runs, but almost never for the first runs

KantoSwag

Kanto Wanderer
Years
I did when I was a scrub

But in FR/LG I refrained from that and long and behold I couldn't beat them without zappy =D

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I never use legendaries in-game, and unless the world will end if I don't I will continue this. First of all, the game just isn't as interesting for me, using a legendary. It becomes a bit too easy and more boring. The Elite 4 never uses legendaries, and for me, I would only use a legendary if they had one also. Second, legendaries don't appear until later in the game, which is another turn-off for me. I prefer to use a team that I have developed a lot over time, and I also love that feeling when I evolve a Pokemon to its last form, making it "complete" in my eyes.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I did as a child but now I never use legendaries at all, I'll catch them then release them, I go by a 6 pokemon method, never use the PC, and never use legendaries xD

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I don't use any legendaries when battling, I stay with my favorite Pokemon, and the ones I struggled the most to get to the Elite 4.

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
In never use legendaries in-game. I personally think they make the games too easy, with abnormally high stats compared to the other Pokemon trainers have with them. I love having a bit of a challenge.

I do use some legendaries in my competetive teams, however, but not entirely on purpose. Per say, I wanted a Special Wall that isn't Blissy/Chansey and can attack decently- Latias fits perfectly.

Back