• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Faeries Redux: Beyond the Glass

Years
Faeries Redux
Beyond the Glass
ღ [alink id=1]Intro[/alink id]
ღ [alink id=2]Rules[/alink id]
ღ [alink id=3]Roles[/alink id]
ღ [alink id=4]Cast[/alink id]
ღ [alink id=5]Phase[/alink id]
[alink id=5]List[/alink id]
What Is Mafia?

Mafia is a game of love, betrayal, and murder. Kind of. Normally there's two factions: the innocent, uninformed majority and the murderous, informed minority, and sometimes some unaffiliated roles. In this game, the main factions are the Arxians, who are the Innocents; the Atlanteans, who are the first of the two Mafia factions; the Humans, who are the second of the two Mafia factions; and two Unaffiliated roles. It is the primary goal of each faction to wipe out the others and come out victorious.

The game is played in two phases: a cycle of Day and Night. During the Day phase, all players will deliberate among themselves to decide on who to burn, in attempts to wipe out the Mafia and Unaffiliated roles. Of course, it would be too simple if these factions weren't present in the discussion under the guise of innocence, so Arxians will have to be wary of all of their fellow players. During the Night phase, the thread will be "locked" and the mafia factions will deliberate among themselves and decide on one player to kill. Their choices will be revealed at the beginning of each Day phase. Certain roles also have Night actions, which can be activated by sending a Private Message to me during the Night phase. When a competitor is killed, their alignment, but not their role, will be revealed.

Roles will be assigned at random at the start of the game, and the game will commence once all roles have been sent out.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me by PM, VM or Discord (Nakuzami#0743).

[a id]1[/a id]Introduction

Seven years ago, Lilith and her daemons invaded the small town of Haven, drawn to the natural magicks that had made it so renowned. Two years ago, a long and bloody string of events led to Haven's destruction and the relocation of its survivors to the capital city of Arxium.

The history you know, however, differs from this one. In a separate time, perhaps the Legends would have risen, but that time is not the one these citizens know. The deaths once witnessed may not have occurred in quite the same manner here, and so the Legends slumber, but a new threat has come to claim Arxium in their absence.

In the forests surrounding the city, a large rift opened in the sky. Briefly, barely noticeable, but bearing great dangers unlike any these faeries have ever seen.

The future of our world now threatens the future of theirs.

The events that come to pass now rest in the hands of a small group of individuals over the course of the next few nights.

Who will you lead to victory?

[a id]2[/a id]Rules

• All PokéCommunity rules apply.
  • No Private Messaging other players about the game.
  • Any discussion of the game should be kept in this thread.
  • Do not post here once you have been killed. No death posts.
  • Posting during the night phase will result in your immediate death.
  • Night actions should be sent to me by PM or Discord. If you're not using your night action, PM/Discord me saying as much.
  • In order for a player to be burned, they must have a majority of at least half the number of current players plus one.
  • Each player gets one vote per day phase, which may be changed anytime before the phase ends.
  • If your vote is not in the format of [b]##Burn[/b] Player, it will not be counted.
  • If you wish to change your vote, first use [b]##Unburn[/b] Player to nullify your previous vote.
[a id]3[/a id]Roles

Arxians

The denizens of the Arxian Empire, drawn from the sanctuary of Haven and the capital itself. These individuals are the most iconic and powerful of the citizens of Arxium, and should they fall, Arxium itself will follow soon after. They achieve victory by eliminating all threats to Arxium.

Zami
Naku
Queen Avra
Prince Aegle
Baldassare
Kharis
Banshee
Vanguard
Dragonkeeper
Seraphkin
Ambassador
Alchemist
Pandora
Witch
Seer
Atlanteans

Strangers from a mystic land beyond the glass. Their purpose here is unknown, but they are not welcome here, nor do they seem to get along with the other outsiders. They achieve victory by outnumbering all other factions.

Siphon
Chrysanthemum
Scarlet Reaper
Humans

Creatures that closely resemble the Elves of Arxium. It appears that they have recently learned to wield magicks, and, while shrouded in mystery, their intentions do not appear to be kind. They achieve victory by outnumbering all other factions.

Archmage
Witch Hunter
Raptor
Remnants

Memories of conflicts past. Whatever power they once held is long gone. Now they wander alone, seeking fragmentary pieces of what they once were. They achieve victory in their own, unique ways, potentially known only to themselves.

Lilith
Necromancer
[a id]4[/a id]Cast

Nakuzami as the Whispers

Bidoof FTW as ???
Kitty as ???
purplecicada as ???
jdthebud as ???
aeternum as ???
Salzorrah as ???
HyperMorian as ???
Miah as ???
Fletch as ???
Pecilia as ???
Sparkin as ???
Syn as ???
??? as ???
??? as ???
??? as ???
??? as ???
??? as ???
??? as ???
??? as ???
??? as ???
??? as ???
??? as ???
??? as ???
??? as ???
??? as ???
[a id]5[/a id]Phase List

Night Zero
Night One
Night Two
Night Three
Night Four
Day One
Day Two
Day Three
Day Four
Day Five

Good design BTW.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Only one more player is necessary for the game to be able to start, but I will keep sign ups open for a period after that to allow any others who would like to to join.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
On vacation as well, but I promised Naku <3 I'll be as active as I can

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
Okey dokey, I'll be starting the game either sometime tomorrow, or the day after, depending on whether or not I can get things set up before heading into work tomorrow afternoon.

Anyone else is still welcome to join until then.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
Unfortunately I have to go into work despite not being initially scheduled today, so the start of the game will be held off slightly longer than anticipated. I should be able to send out Role PMs when I get home, and then put up the phase depending on how late it is when I finish with the roles.

On another note, Delphine and Mr. James have been removed from the game. Roles have been generated and sign ups are closed. Get hyped, kiddos.

Nakuzami

Years
Night Zero

To most of the citizens of Arxium, tonight seemed like any other night, but a select few had noticed something improper in the atmosphere. There were beings here that did not belong in this world.

Something had opened up a gate between the worlds and brought the humans here. Their kind had not been seen in millennia.

Queen Avra was working closely with the young Seer in attempts to divine the meaning of this.

"Could it be the beginning of the Remerge?" she wondered aloud, endless scenarios running through her mind. "Magicks were banished from their world thousands of years ago. We were banished from their world thousands of years ago. But I can sense that they have somehow regained control over the arcane. How? What does this mean?"

The Seer ignored the Queen's pondering, keeping her focus on her scrying. What the Queen said was accurate; these humans had somehow tapped into magicks that their race had long forgotten. But what had brought them here, and what were their intentions? That was what they needed to discover. The Seer knew this would be a long and arduous process, and she had no experience with looking into these creatures from beyond.

Elsewhere, those very humans were gathering under similar circumstances.

Yet unbeknownst to the Queen and her allies, the humans were not all working together. The Atlanteans and the human mages were no friends of one another, and now they had all been dragged into an unfamiliar world with unfamiliar beings. They would need to be on guard against both each other and these faeries if they wanted to make it back to their world alive.

And while the elves of Arxium did not have ill intentions, there were others lurking in the shadows that sought vengeance . . . and what better way to do that than to pit the humans and faeries against one another?

aeternum is the Ambassador

Rules

• Night actions should be sent to me by PM or Discord. If you're not using your night action, PM/Discord me saying as much.
  • In order for a player to be burned, they must have a majority of at least half the number of current players plus one.
  • Each player gets one vote per day phase, which may be changed anytime before the phase ends.
  • If your vote is not in the format of [b]##Burn[/b] Player, it will not be counted.
  • If you wish to change your vote, first use [b]##Unburn[/b] Player to nullify your previous vote.
Cast

Nakuzami as the Whispers

Bidoof FTW as ???
Kitty as ???
purplecicada as ???
jdthebud as ???
aeternum as the Ambassador
Salzorrah as ???
HyperMorian as ???
Miah as ???
Fletch as ???
Pecilia as ???
Sparkin as ???
Syn as ???
L'Belle as ???
gimmepie as ???
Noraxia as ???
peter McLightning as ???
Melody as ???
Bardothren as ???
Charlie Brown as ???
TheUncreativeSawsbuckFan as ???
Paranoia_ as ???
Desox as ???
Desinishon as ???
Kiyotaka Ishimaru as ???
Juno as ???

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
Day One

disclaimer: the following passage was written, came out satisfactory, and then I realized that it revealed the roles of the dead players. oops! so it's been censored. you can look forward to the uncensored versions at the end of the game.

The Queen suddenly rallied from her slumber in a cold sweat. She sat up in bed for a moment, waiting for her eyes to adjust, but she quickly realized that the darkness surrounding her was unnatural. She forced herself from her bed and glanced around worriedly. After walking a few feet, she began to hear what sounded like whispers from what seemed to be the darkest corner of the room, but these voices were not mortal.

"Who's there?" she inquired in a confident tone, though she felt anything but. The moment she asked that question, a vague inkling of what the presence might be entered her mind. But was this a flicker of recognition, or the entity's answer?

"
Avra.
"

It sounded as if her name had been uttered by a hundred voices in unison.

She knew what this was.

She had only ever heard of the Whispers in legend.

As soon as she understood what the presence was, it vanished, and its absence was noticeable.

The room lightened and a weight in her chest that she hadn't even registered was lifted. What did this omen mean?

Meanwhile, on the outskirts of the city, deadly encounters were taking place.

It seemed the Humans and Atlanteans had found each other before encountering any of the Faeries. The bloodshed would be no less violent, but at least Arxium would be spared for this night.

The [Atlantean] stood with [their weapon] in hand, eyeing the two figures that had surrounded [them]. [They weren't] going down without a fight.

"Caught all alone, so soon? And aren't you supposed to be the skilled one of your little 'trinity?'" the [Human] asked, attempting to taunt [them].

The [Human] laughed, [type of magic] bristling in [their] hand. "So much for the great '[Atlantean].' You truly aren't as powerful as they made you out to be."

The [Atlantean] said nothing. Tonight would not be [their] last. [They] focused [their] energy on [their] necklace, which burned with a fierce white light.

The [Human] made the first move. [They] lunged at the [Atlantean] with [their] blade outstretched. [The Atlantean] countered it with [their weapon] and used [the Human's] momentum to launch [them] into a nearby tree. The [Human] tossed a [type of magic] at [them], which [they] ducked under before bringing [their] blade against the [Human]'s throat, but the moment [they] made contact, the [Human] vanished.

"Over here, darling!"

Damn teleportation.

[They] raised [their weapon] again, but instantly felt the power drain out of [them]. [They] turned to see the [Human] back on [their] feet, casting a spell with [their] blade.

"Isn't [type of magic] magic just the worst?" [they] said with a chuckle. "They call me the '[Human]' for a reason."

[They] needed to get out of here.

[They] grabbed [their] necklace in one hand and used the other to launch [their weapon] into the air. The enchanted blade refracted the light of [their] soul, and in a flash, [they were] gone.

"So much for that," the [Human] stated flatly. As [they] went to sheathe [their] blade, [they] realized it was a mistake. [They] felt [something happen].

"[Redacted]" the second Atlantean said with venom in [their] voice.

The [Human] saw this and fled. [They] knew that the moment that that [Atlantean did something], it was too late.

The [Human] let out a strangled gasp as [something something death].

Miah is dead.

jdthebud is dead.

Rules

Cast

Nakuzami as the Whispers

Bidoof FTW as ???
Kitty as ???
purplecicada as ???
jdthebud as ???
aeternum as the Ambassador
Salzorrah as ???
HyperMorian as ???
Miah as ???
Fletch as ???
Pecilia as ???
Sparkin as ???
Syn as ???
L'Belle as ???
gimmepie as ???
Noraxia as ???
peter McLightning as ???
Melody as ???
Bardothren as ???
Charlie Brown as ???
TheUncreativeSawsbuckFan as ???
Paranoia_ as ???
Desox as ???
Desinishon as ???
Kiyotaka Ishimaru as ???
Juno as ???

Years
Going to be completely honest, the censoring made that awful to read. So I found it really difficult to discern anything other than "an Atlantean and a human are dead." It seems to me that the Atlantean that died though was likely the more powerful of those roles... Chrysanthemum or Siphon maybe?

What's weird is, looking at these roles, I'm not sure how they killed each other. Does this mean that the two mafias targeted each other?

Nakuzami

Years
p.s. - there will be no narrative hints

you could safely go through the game just looking at the announcement banners after the phase text, i.e. where deaths and other important facts are announced. But that would be no fun.

But just letting you all know!

Sparkin

Well, I don't think they're useless. Even ignoring the flavor text, the announcements banners of Mia and jd, that Naku said that'd have real information have both colors yellow and blue, which are the colors of Atlanteans and Humans. I guess we can say that both mafias shot each other.

Also: ##Burn gimmepie

Desox

This account is inactive.
Years
Not really much to add rn, just to say I'm supportive of abstaining today and Fletch's proposition.

##Burn No one

Last edited:

purplecicada

Ultimate Swordswoman
Years
Doesn't look like we're able to abstain unfortunately, but I would like to wait a while before voting for someone. I feel Sparks' vote was a bit odd... either maybe he knows something we don't? Or it could have been a random vote, but I'm not sure if I buy that at the moment...

Last edited:

Desox

This account is inactive.
Years
Well, Jailers requisite is when there is no burning, so I thought that means we are granted at least one abstain.

Back