• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mother Savior (Mother 4)

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
Have you guys heard of Mother 3 (Earthbound 2)? Well, the creator of the series just announce that he won't be making "Mother 4" at anytime. So, as a very experience game designer, I'll be making "Mother 4" for him instead. I'm calling it "Mother Savior".

I'll post up a test version and some screen shots of the game very soon. Since this forum likes pokemon the best, I'm going to make it where a pokemon is one of the main characters. ^_^ The cross overs though will be limited by the company of Nintendo, so I'm forced to not go far. (Getting things out of Nintendo would ruin the series itself anyways in my opinion)

The project is now being developed on Game Maker 5.3A (Registered) I still haven't used any of the registered features yet, but I will most likely have to later in the game.

Here are some screenshots:

Snap1.png
Snap2.png

Snap3.png
Snap4.png

f_MSscreen1m_31f9740.png
f_MSscreen2m_795f257.png

f_MSscreen3m_1bde56a.png
f_MSscreen4m_c344a47.png

f_MSscreen5m_6aebe0f.png

-------------------------------------------------

Download:
(1/21/08)
http://www.mediafire.com/?0mite9iz0nd

Gameplay Videos:
Mother Savior - Secrets Revealed Preview
Mother Savior - Beta Testing 1
Mother Savior - Beta Testing 2
Mother Savior - Progress Footage 1
Mother Savior - Mother 3 Combo System
Mother Savior - Orange Instruments *New*

Last edited:

SilencedShooter

Revenga
Years
Like I said, it looks great. You even used to same battle music as earthbound!
I can't wait to actually play it though, and not just randomly kill baddies :P

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
Like I said, it looks great. You even used to same battle music as earthbound!
I can't wait to actually play it though, and not just randomly kill baddies :P

Yeah, I find it better where you can actually encounter enemies instead of just randomly finding one on the grass or something. That's one thing I like about the Mother series.

I plan to add many plot twists, returns of characters from the previous Mother series, and a big tragic but relieving ending to the whole series. Since I'm planning to actually send the game to Nintendo and see what they think about it, I'm working as best as I can with the project. In fact, my English class common assessment is based off the storyline of the game itself.

PS
Does anyone know where I can get a full sprite sheet of Mudkip off of Mystery Dungeon? Getting the diagnols of Mudkip would be nice for the game.

(10/22/07)
I finally have a new update made for those who want to try out Mother Savior. Here is the ".zip" file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8bvgcm3652i

(10/30/07)
Here is a new demo available to play, a limited edition to play as Ness and Lucas and to fight off against secret bosses:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ajgdct5rebk

(11/5/07)
Here is an update demo with some new specials and features:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bztrdbd9mxy

11/6/07
Here is also a preview video I made a week ago of the project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xklg9eZ3Vb0

Last edited:

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
IMO, Ninten should be in place of Mudkip

Seriously, the original Mother is, like, the most outright ignored installment in the series! D:

btw, I'm planning on Importing Mother 1+2 Advance and Mother 3. Being a fellow fan, do you know where I could get a good translation guide for them?

PS: IMO, you should, after making Mother 4, make a fanslation of the GBA Remakes of Mother 1+2 and Mother 3. More people need to be exposed to the series u.u

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
Unfortunately, I've yet to actually play a Mother game (Earthbound is rare and I can't read Japanese), but, even as a standalone RPG, this looks really good. Oh, and I agree with Dunsparce on the fanslation. I WANT TO PLAY A MOTHER GAME. From the videos I've seen, they all look exceptional. Is the tileset custom or from one of the other games?

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
Years
Dude it looks cool I love the Earthbound series. I didn't see any other cool RPGs like this so keep on working!

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
Crazy_Weavile:
All of the tilesets you've have seen are all original, created by me.

Dunsparce:
I'm actually going to add in Nintend today, since it would make more sense if he were in the battles, but:

Lucas, Ness, and Ninten only appear in your party as "apparitions" when you enter an unknown world, like "Magicant" from Earthbound.

New demo with Ninten is finally available, look back at first post to see the download link.

Last edited:

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Crazy_Weavile:
All of the tilesets you've have seen are all original, created by me.

Dunsparce:
I'm actually going to add in Nintend today, since it would make more sense if he were in the battles, but:

Lucas, Ness, and Nintend only appear in your party as "apparitions" when you enter an unknown world, like "Magicant" from Earthbound.

New demo with Nintend is finally available, look back at first post to see the download link.

Oh. Okay. It looks quite fun, anyways :D

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
I thank all who has given their time to take a look at my progressing project, thanks guys! ^_^

Nice! Ninten has asthma! XD
Ness has homesick-ness... XD
What does Lucas have though?
Psy suffers from absent-mindedness or getting lost in though.

Keep in mind that this will be one heck of an important project for me, so you can expect more than how it looks now.

Last edited:

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
You know, I have never played earthbound, or mother before. But I have seen sprites, and screenshots of it, and this looks great. Great job!

Kine

Whatev
Years
Hmm, well I definately would vouch for a Mother game, beats all the GS clones (pfft, I'll hear it for that one). You may want to try to fit the graphical style of the series a bit more, though. Getting tilesets for basic backdrops like grass, rocks, and trees is really easy to do, whether you get them from EarthBound or M3. It may also help if you dedicate a pallete, per se, that is you would either color everything like EarthBound or color everything like the 3rd game. I would actually find it easier to do the latter since it allows for a larger spectrum.

Also, just for the record, you may wanna post the idea up at Starmen.net if you already haven't, and see what other info they can give you.

By the by, Lucas doesn't have any specialty status ailments like Ninten's Asthma/Ness's Homesickness, although you could potentially make something up with his plot spoilers.

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
I'm trying my best to keep the pale-color style of Mother 3, I'm still debating if I should pale up Ninten's colors slightly. The tiles and objects you can see so far had been originally created by me, while keeping them on the color-pale theme.

Do you mean post it on Starmen.net's forum or email the webmaster?

Kine

Whatev
Years
I mean Starmen's forum. I know there's a fan works section in there. I wouldn't put it in PK Hack, though.

Also, according to the MOTHER Encyclopedia, Ninten is officially 12. The only official word we have for Ness is that he's the same age as Jeff. In theory, this could mean he's younger than Ninten, for all we know. However most people settle on about 12 or 13.

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
I mean Starmen's forum. I know there's a fan works section...

It's a good thing I did that since day one. Their productive comments are pretty helpful to me in many ways.

By the way, since I left PSI Rockin as Ninten's PSI special, I've always wanted to ask: does he have his own signature PSI move? Like how Ness and Lucas have (Rockin, Love.)

A new Mother Savior update has been uploaded. The new link is above, on first post.

Back