• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Huh, I wonder what their name means...

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
idk man. nothing really elaborate here.. i was just really digging the honey emoji

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Back in 2008, there was a call for final username changes here. At the same time, I finally accepted myself as trans, and wanted a more masculine name to represent that. And at the same time, I was reading through the DragonLance series, and reached the chapter where the character Astinus is introduced. Since the character is a lot like me, I decided to use the name as my online persona.

Since it's a popular name, I can't use it everywhere. When that's the case, I either put "Speaker" (reference to a book I used to love) or "ninja" (long story) before it. I've also grown fond of the nickname "Asty," and I pair that up with "ninja" to be amused.

Years
To be honest I just thought it sounded cool :P I really wanted a short, memorable username, and Zero just worked.

3 of my old usernames (Keyblade, White Mage, Guildmaster Wigglytuff), however, were taken from video games that I really love (Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, PMD2).

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
5-6 year old me needed a username for an email account and neopets. Wanted something that had a bit of a spark to it and eventually came up with zappyspiker. After 15ish years with this name, it's getting old, but I can't seem to find a better name that I'm satisfied with especially after having this name for so long.

Sirfetch’d

The meaning behind my name is simple, I just love Castform! It's my favorite Pokemon of all time and when name changes were allowed I was so fucking excited about being able to finally have it as a username because it was being wasted otherwise. I don't think I will ever change it again because I missed it too much last time I changed from it.

Years
Easy, Luxray is my favourite pokemon! When I created my account, I was 13, so there wasn't much thought put into it. If I had created my account today, four years later (which is the day I actually started using this forum), then I probably would've thought of something more imaginative/unique, lol :)

Years
My username is derived from William Faulkner's 1936 novel, Absalom, Absalom!, in which the main character, possessed by his "design," is named Thomas Sutpen.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
5-6 year old me needed a username for an email account and neopets. Wanted something that had a bit of a spark to it and eventually came up with zappyspiker. After 15ish years with this name, it's getting old, but I can't seem to find a better name that I'm satisfied with especially after having this name for so long.

You just sent me on a nostalgia trip, dude

Neopets was my life back in the day

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
On Xbox Live, I was originally Yami Slifer, then before that SiN Corona. I chose Yami Slifer because YuGiOh and I wasn't that creative, so yeah, I was young and blah.

Then I decided to go with a more matured and legit name. Sector Revenge came to mind, so I went with it, and love it ever since. Hence, where Sector came from.

I just came up with Sector and I wanted a secondary name, or as I would like to call it, a last name for my online identity. True story, I was looking at Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, and I put 2 and 2 together. Sector Revenge!

Another name I would like to have if not Sector, is actually Saber Reprisal. I think it's pretty sexy imo x) Yeah, people call me Sextor here or at other places so Sextor is somewhat my name as well if you want to call it that.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
My nickname is actually pretty simple too. "Mimi" is just my everyday nickname. "Mahboul" means crazy. I try to make it sound like a tongue twister to make it fun for the peeps.

I dunno but maybe I'll change my username to Gligar, what do you guys think?

Manitee

bury me alive
Years
My best friends nickname for me is Mani and my last name begins with a T. Plus I like the animal Manatees, I just wanted to make this name my own.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
There's a backstory to my username. Back in school I was really into the whole manga drawing stuff. I also was a hugh fan of anime like One Piece and DBZ, which I really liked to use as examples to base everything I did on, including stuff like story and character designs. In the hundreds of pages I drew (if you can even call it that), I managed to accumulate quite a bunch of different characters, with my most favorite being a character called "Roberto Fastsword" (yeah, not the best name, don't judge me :P), who was based on Trunks from DBZ and Zorro from One Piece. I've spend many years, trying to improve this character and add more story to him, etc. (yeah, never had too many friends) which was one of the reasons why he grew on me.

At some point at school someone thought, it would be cool to have some unique signature sign thingy and at this point I figured, why not do that myself. Since then, this username's been stuck on me (which is easily...ten years now), although I'm well aware, that at some point I'm going to change it. But that time hasn't come, yet.

And for good measure, a terrible picture:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14463474/pc/rf.png

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
My original username was Shoot|The|Puck. It's just a short form and I like short usernames better.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Nubkheperre Intef, or just Inyotef was the Pharaoh of Upper Egypt during the seventeenth dynasty, when Egypt was divided into two rival kingdoms with the Hyksos in the north.

It was also a name for another cat of mine alongside Senusret, and Snofru.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
The origin of H.A.N. is somewhat complicated. I somehow got myself the nickname translating roughly to 'Nobody At All' (I don't fully remember how that happened), which is only two words in my mother tongue, giving the possibility to use one as a first name and the other as last name, abbreviating itself as H.N. I later added the middle name Andreas, of which I think is a cool name, to make it pronounceable in one syllable as 'Han'.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2017
well, there's no big meaning behind mine; i just wanted something cute, short and simple. c:

Back